Chapter 3

Saving a Princess 101

“So you’re looking for the sword master?” the woman – Luhan, she introduced herself earlier after all the commotion and all the bandits were passed out on the ground – asked as they slowly trudged deeper into the forest. She was currently seated behind Sehun on his horse.

“Yes, do you by chance know him?” Sehun asked. He was staring in front of him so he can’t see her reaction but he can feel from her body pressed against her back that she was hesitating.

“You could say that…” she finally replied after a while.

“PRAISE THE MERCIFUL LORD!” Jongin said exasperatingly. He softly pulled the reins to his horse to make him go forward and level up to Luhan and Sehun. “We have been wondering around this area for the past hour with no signs of seeing anything. Are we there yet?” Jongin impatiently asked and Sehun sighed softly at the embarrassing attitude his older brother was showing.

Luhan looked at him blankly. “Just a little further and we’ll reach my home.” Sehun blinked turned his head towards Luhan – this action proving to be difficult since Luhan was directly behind him.

“Home?” he blankly asked. Luhan looked back at him and took her hands from his waist and placed it on his face – forcing it to look back on the road.

“Never leave your eyes off the road.” Luhan muttered before taking her hands off Sehun’s face and placed it back at his waist. “The sword master is my father.”  They were surrounded by silence.

“I never knew the sword master had a daughter – or any children on that matter.” It was Sungjong who spoke. Luhan laughed loudly before she looked back at the servant.

“That’s because I was the one who asked him not to. Isn’t it just weird if your playmate was the sword master’s daughter? No one wanted to play with me because of that fact.” Luhan replied. Sungjong made an ‘O’ expression before nodding to himself – the reasoning making sense to him.

“I know what you feel.” Sehun said, making Luhan looked at him in curiosity. “A lot of people also don’t want to get close to me since I’m a prince.” He continued after feeling the heavy stare the woman was giving him.

“You make it sound like you’re the only who experiences that.” Jongin snorted on the background and both he and Luhan ignore him. “Hoya they’re ignoring me!” Jongin whined to his servant who only patted him in the back and tried to appease the whining prince while ignoring Sungjong’s blatant snorts and rolled eyes meant for him and his prince.

“Why wouldn’t they?” Luhan tried to ignore the ugly sobbing of the older prince in the background and stared back at the youngest prince.

“When you have a very protective brother like Chanyeol-hyung and an attention one like Jongin-hyung then it’s a no brainer a lot of people would stay away from you.” Luhan had no idea who this ‘Chanyeol-hyung’ is but seeing Jongin, yeah she could say even she would stay away from the young prince – she swore Jongin was one of the most annoying persons she has ever met, she had no idea who his servant managed to put up with him.

“Oh, is this your place?” Sehun said and Luhan looked past his shoulders and was a small hut with smoke coming out of the chimney.

“Yup this is it.” She confirmed and Sehun stopped his horse, getting down from it and helped Luhan do the same.

“LULU! YOUR BACK!” a high pitched squeal came from inside the house and a short woman with chubby cheeks emerged from the door. Both Sehun’s and Jongin’s eyes widen shock.

“Minseok-noona?” it was Jongin who exclaimed. The woman – Minseok – looked at them and her expression mirrored theirs.

“Jongin-ah, Sehun-ah, what are you doing here?” asked Minseok wide eyed.

“Were supposed to ask you that noona.” Sehun replied. Minseok blinked at him before scratching the back of her neck.

“Ah… that? I just wanted to visit my cousin.” The crown princess replied as she gave her brother-in-law’s her wide toothy grin. The squishy kind woman was currently the crown prince’s wife – something that everyone was still confused about because how did that evil troll managed to snatch someone as adorable and angelic as Minseok? “Anyways, how about you? What are you doing here?”

This time it was Sungjong who answered. “Prince Sehun is looking for the sword master. I remember you telling me about it so I brought him here.” Minseok nodded and smiled once again.

“Well that’s good and all but noona, you forgot to mention exactly who is your cousin.” Jongin interrupted. Sehun rolled his eyes at the blatant stupidity of his brother while Minseok let out a melodious laugh.

“It’s me.” Luhan answered in behalf of Minseok and amusedly watched as Jongin looked back and forth between her and Minseok.

“So that would explain the face… wait,” Jongin narrowed his eyes at Luhan before continuing. “how old are you exactly?”

Nice question bro, Sehun mentally patted his brother for that wonderful question. He looked at Luhan and was surprised to see a wide diabolical smile playing on his lips.

“Now that you mentioned it, you better treat me with respect. I’m the same age as Minseok – technically making me your noona.”

Both Sehun and Jongin froze in their places and stared at each other, both faces wearing the same expression.

What the !?

“Why don’t we finish this talk inside? I baked some sweets!” Minseok offered and both princes’ attention shifted to her, both robotically nodding and followed the two women inside the hut.

“Does Minseok-noona’s family hold the secret of the fountain of youth?” Hoya whispered when both he and Sungjong were the only ones left outside. Sungjong looked back at him and shrugged.

“I don’t know about that but I sure hope they would share.” The younger answered before he followed the two princes and also went inside the hut.

Howon snorted and muttered under his breath. “I doubt you would even need it.”


A/N: Whoa! It been a month right? Sorry for the lack of updates… I just lost all ideas for this fic. But don’t worry, I already know where this is leading to and after a chapter or two, they would already – probably – be on their way looking for Sehun’s princess! *throws confetti*

Sorry for this crappy update and please tell me what you think *^^*

Sorry for the wrong grammar an whatnot, I'll have you known english is not my first language.