Chapter 22

Unknown Diary
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Son congratulations!”

“Thank you mom.”

“I hope you have a good night and don’t drink too much, I will be home as soon as possible.”

“I hope so mom, I miss you and you know that dad’s cooking is awful, but don’t tell him that.”

“I won’t and I miss you too, son!” A soft chuckled was heard. “I will get back to my precious grown baby and kiss him until I annoy him.”

“I can’t wait. I should get ready, bye mom.”

“Bye son.”

The call ended sooner than Mir thought, he really missed his mother and as he had said, his father’s cooking was not so good; even instant noodles would burn from his touch. But he didn’t complain though he knew his father is busy almost the time like his mother and don’t have the time to do a proper cooking. Most of the time, Mir would cook for both of them and help his father with his work. Now it is time for his father to help him choose a stylish suit for tonight’s prom.

The graduation ball is right around the corner and Mir is nervous to go there, he got his diploma the morning and now it is time to choose which university to go or to study abroad. Even if his English is not good he could still talk with people with simple words and phrases he learned from his rap class. Now it isn’t the time for searching new universities or where it should be – in another city or state. It would be strange for him to go outside of Korea and not be here where he could see some of his friends. He will really miss them if he goes abroad.

Mir stood in front of the mirror looking fresh out of the shower, his smooth skin is perfectly cleaned and hair still wet. He went to his bed, slowly looking at his suit he will be wearing tonight – his father has a really good taste. Slowly and steadily he starts to dress himself, feeling nervous for wearing this for the first time. Suits weren’t his style; he liked more of the cozy and comfortable shirts and jeans.

Not only five minutes later Mir was ready to go, he took a deep breath before slowly walking to the mirror, he was nervous and his heart was beating faster – any moment and it could explode. Mir faced back the mirror, he wasn’t ready – he wasn’t ready to leave the school, his friends nor the one he truly loves. His mind is blurry, the breath is shortened, and his heart is beating faster -like an animal. His hands are cold and sweaty and his eyes teary – he wasn’t ready, not today, not tomorrow.

Slowly turning around, his eyes looked everywhere, from head to toe and toe from head – his father really has a good taste. The suit was dark blue – his favorite color – the shirt white with again a dark blue tie to match the suit and to finish last - black pattern leather shoes which fit perfectly. The suit dark blue, sharp-looking and well-fitted. Exactly the sort of thing a woman would pick out for her man to wear to a formal event. Thinking about it, it might not been his father who bought it and talking about him, he finally opens the door, smiling at his son looking amused and handsome.

“You look handsome, are you ready to kill the ladies?” His father says as he slowly approaches his blushing son.

“I’m not sure if I’m ready.” Mir says quietly.

“Ohh you are more than ready. Now go and get them, I don’t want you to come home without a lady, young mister.” His father demanded imitating his mother.

“I will definitely tell mom that you imitated her right now. She won’t be happy about it.” Mir told his father, a small smirk forming on his lips. Mir’s father laughed his heart out as his son threatened him to tell his lovely wife about it.

The clock strikes seven o’ clock and both of them become serious; Mir’s father took the lead and led his son to the awaiting car. This time Mir was more than ready.

The place where it is held the prom is big and full with decorations; a big sign is corded and labeled as the end of the school and the start of something new. Mir took a deep breath and slowly walked further into the big place, he saw some of his classmates and others too, he greeted everyone with a smile and hugs for the beautiful ladies who dared to approach him. Himchan was the first one to drag him out of the group of people and walk him across the one and only Mr. Bbang, who is smiling at the two of them slowly, approaching him.

“It looks like Himchan finally found you; he didn’t stop talking about you since we came here.” Mr. Bbang told him his smile never leaving his face.

“And why is that?” Mir asked curiosity written in his face as he looked at Himchan, all smiling and blushing.

“It might be the fact that he has mother instincts and he treasures you like you are his son.” Mr. Bbang explained as he sipped from his drink.

“Well if he is my mother than you are my father, isn’t that right?” Mir said with amusement in his voice as he spoke. Mr. Bbang choked on his drink as soon as he heard what his student said.

“Well you could say that, since you had a week off in our home instead going to school.”

“Yeah, I know but if it weren’t for both of you I wouldn’t even be here right now.” Mir confessed, eyes looking everywhere but them.

“Don’t worry Mireu, we are here always.” Himchan said and hugged the younger.

For the past few hours everyone danced and drank in the big dance room. The prom was held in one of the biggest Music Venue places where the best DJ’s were known for. All kind of drinks were provided and various foods were available in any moment. Everyone was having their time of their life.

Mir on the other hand was talking with his friend Hyosung while dancing to a slow song, she has her arms tightly wrapped around Mir and whispering how thankful she is for asking her to dance with her. Mir is still curious about her as he knew that she had crush on her best friend who has boyfriend and are still together. Sensing that something is wrong with Mir, she slowly leaned as kissed his cheek surprising him from his deep thoughts.

“What are you thinking about Mir? Is it about some girl or boy, does someone catches your eyes?” She asks and wiggles her eyebrows up and down.

Mir laughs at her behavior, but soon shakes his head. He look past at her where Himchan is secretly glancing at Mr. Bbang who is busily talking to another teacher. He wishes he would have someone like Mr. Bbang to love him so he could secretly glance and blush like an idiot.

“No, Hyosung,” He whispers. “I wish I could tell that someone how much I love him.” He finishes his sentence slowly his eyes looking straight at Hyosung’s ones. Her eyes indicate worry, but soon were replaced with hope.

“Don’t worry you will do it someday. I know that “this someone” you are referring to would be waiting for you. I know it.”

“You think?” Mir asks shyly.

“I know it. And I think we should stop dancing now, the song stopped like a minute ago.” She says and laughs as Mir is slowly letting her go.  “Oh, and I think that Cheondung wants to talk with you, he kept looking at us the whole time. Listen to him, okay?”

“Okay, but do me a favor first, go and talk to Song Jieun I think she likes you.” Mir hugs her and leaves before she could say anything

Please log in to read the full chapter