Double Date

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

I wanted to spy on that jerk who stalked Eun Gi, but the moment I looked at somewhere else, bam! He's gone.

He disappears fast like the wind. But I like that, just go away you creepy stalker. Go like the wind, and then I'll be calm.

 

Anyway, I got nothing else to do today. Try outs were done and I was simply bored. But then I remembered Eun Gi and her boyfriend. Yes, no matter how much I hate to say this, Eun Gi has a boyfriend. And that boy is none other than my best friend, Lay.

I was on my way home, when I spotted Lay's car parked in front of a cinema.

 

Really dude? A date in the cinema? What kind of uninteresting fella are you? If it was me, I would take her to a place with her happy memories and a place we could have fun at. A place horrifying she needs to hold my hand. LOL never mind that thought.

I went in the cinema and spotted both of them, queuing for the movie tickets.

 

I wanted to hop on behind them, but it'll feel awkward if I just stood there and bother them on my own. I sighed and turned around.

That was when I saw So Ra, laughing with her friends at one of the coffee shop nearby.

Then, a brilliant idea snapped into my mind. How about making this a double date?

 

I dialed So Ra immediately. After two tones, she picked up, "Hey there Lulu darling~!" She chimed.

Ugh, her voice is so squeaky, it could reach up to ultrasonic sound.

"Want to go on a date?" I asked as casually as I could.

 

"Of course I would! Omg Luhan, I can't believe you actually asked me on a date. I'm so happy!" I was thinking she would put on her loudspeaker on to tell her friends about our relationship. And I was right, she did.

I can't believe I'm dating an annoying-attention-looker brat. 

"Yes, yes. The cinema. Now. I saw you already, so just come here." I said in a harsh tone.

 

"You saw me? Really?" She chimed again. "Wow, you paid attention to your girlfriend! I'm sssoooo haapppyyyy. Anyway, I'll be right there honey~!" She hung up as I gawked in frustration.

Her cheetah legs brought her to the cinema as fast as a blink of an eye. The moment she appeared, she blinked those fake-eyelashes of her as she squeaked, "Lulu!" She ran to my side to hug me, but I refused.

"Don't. Or we'll miss the show." I forced a smile and walked towards the queue line. But then Lay and Eun Gi stopped me.

 

"Yow Luhan! I didn't know you'd be coming here. And you brought your girlfriend." Lay said.

I made eye contact with Eun GI for a second, but then she refused to look back at me and just stood there, staring at the floor as her hand held Lay's gently.

"Yeah, I did." I said to Lay, but I kept looking at Eun Gi as So Ra held my hand.

"What are you guys doing here?" She asked.

"We? We were about to watch the Catching Fire, but the tickets were all sold out." Lay sighed.

"Don't sigh like that, it's not your fault the movie tickets were sold out." Eun Gi smiled as she teased Lay.

 

My grip on So Ra's hand tightened as I cleared my throat, "So, what are you guys going to do now?"

"I'm taking her to an amusement park." Lay grinned.

"Ooohh, sounds fun!" So Ra chimed, and then she turned to look at me, "We should go there sometimes! It would be so romantic."

 

I faked a smile as I turned to Eun Gi, "Yeah, sounds fun. I've been to an amusement park once, and it was a blast."

I could see Eun Gi rolling her eyes as she kept staring at the floor.

 

"We could go together if you'd like." Lay offered.

"What?! No way!" Eun Gi said at the same time with me, "Yes yes! Sounds like fun!"

Eun Gi glared at me, "I'm not going if he's going."

 

"And why not?" I asked as we locked eyes and I walked closer to her.

"B-B-Be-c-cause, you'll just ruin our romantic moment together!" She stammered, then she turned to look at Lay. "You couldn't possibly want that to happen do you?"

"No, it's fine with me." Lay smiled as he turned to look at me. "It's okay, we'd still have fun if the both of you tagged along."

 

From the corner of my eye, I could see Eun Gi literally destroying Lay's hand by the way she held his hand tighter, like she's crushing them.

I smirked, thank you Lay for helping my brilliant idea of a double date.

"I don't want to Lulu!" So Ra pouted, "I want us to spend some time together." She said, then she turned to glare at Eun Gi as she continued, "Just the two of us. Alone."

 

"Nah, a double date sounds interesting. I promise you, we'll spend some alone time there." I faked a smile.

"Really?! Okay then." She chimed.

 

I smirked as I saw Eun Gi's worried expression.

Let the double date begin.

 


 

As we stepped our foot outside of the amusement park, I saw dozens of people, crowding in front of the entrance. What? Is there a special occasion? Why is everyone standing in front of the entrance? Don't tell me that the amusement park is closed.

I closed my eyes and prayed that it was still open.

 

"Now, now, gather up!" Someone who stood on top of a small wooden box with a loudspeaker on his arm, spoke.

 

I stood alongside So Ra and Eun Gi as the three of us waited for Lay to park his car. After a few moments, Lay joined us and the man standing up continued. "Okay, so now that we have exactly thirty people here, we'll start the game."

Game? What game?

"If you haven't noticed yet, today is a team couple challenge! So each team will consist of a couple, a boy and a girl. And they'll have to ride all the attractions which are listed on their map." The man explained.

 

"Yeaayyy! I want to be with Lulu!" So Ra chimed as she clung my arm. I rolled my eyes. This is going to be a horrible date.

 

"But wait! Don't get your hopes up first. Your partner would be decided randomly..." The man said.

I screamed in joy inside my heart. I was begging that I would be on the same team with Eun Gi.

"Okay, now grab a piece of paper, write down your name, and choose a number from one until one hundred."

 

I did as told. I was wondering what number to pick, then I thought and thought. My favorite number is 8, so why not choose 88?

Luhan

88

 

Then I put it inside of a small white box in front of all of us. After five or ten minutes, the man came back.

"Ah, it turns out there were only five pairs who managed to write one of the exact same number." The man cleared his throat as he continued, "They would have an advantage on each rounds. And remember, this team challenge requires solidarity. So, to make this game much more interesting, each pair would be handcuffed with plastic handcuffs."

 

. Now I'm doubting I'd be in the same team with Eun Gi. What if I'm in the same team with some random aunty? And I'll have to be handcuffed with her. No way, please please please let me be in the same team with Eun Gi.

 

"Now, now. I'll announce the teams. You may take your map the moment you're already with your team." He said as I gulped. My heart was beating fast and loud, I was afraid that someone might hear it.

"Number 12, Chan Ri and Jong Yup." Then a middle aged aunty and a quite a young boy walked to the entrance. They were handcuffed and were given the map. Too bad, that young boy was pretty handsome, and he was partnered with some old aunty.

 

This time, my heart was beating even faster. My head was spinning and I was beginning to regret coming here.

"Number 02, So Ra and Tae Joon." I sighed in relief, thinking that at least I wouldn't be in the same team with So Ra. Hmm, Tae Joon? His name sounds young and cool. I wonder if he is handsome. Maybe So Ra would fell over heels and leave me.

 

But then a twenty five or even thirty year old man walked to the entrance, just standing there, waiting for So Ra.

"Ieewwww! I'm not going there with someone like him! I paid to go to this amusement park! And I want my partner to be Luhan! And that's final!!" She yelled as she clung my arm.

"No can do miss. You've all agreed to the terms and rules for this game. So there'll be no cancelations nor complaints. Now go to the entrance, or I'll call security." The man said. Yikes, So Ra got burned. Great job man, you just made my day better.

So Ra grumbled and walked to the entrance, she and that Tae Joon, was handcuffed. They went inside, and I knew, So Ra was cursing under her breath. And I love it! Muahahahaah!

 

After two more couples, it was time for the last couple with the exact same number to be called. My heart was beating hard and from the corner of my eye, I could see Eun Gi and Lay holding hands. Yuck.

 

Luhan's heartbeat

 

"And the last couple with the same number, number 88..." Ooohhh! That's my number! I widened my eyes and my heart was beating enormously fast. Who is it? Who'll be my partner?!

 

"Luhan and...." Quickly, quickly! Say it!

 

My heart was beating fast, faster, and it was probably the fastest heartbeat of the day.

 

Who? Who is it? Tell me quickly! Aghhh old man! Why did you say my name and stopped?!

 

The man looked down and scattered some paper to the ground. It seemed like he was looking for a piece of paper.

 

Damn it old man! I'm freaking out right here! Who? Who is my partner?

My hands got cold and my heart was beating fast.

 

"Oh, wait. I looked at the wrong list." The man continued as he stood up again.

 

"Number 88, Luhan and S-" He cleared his throat.

 

Yes? Yes? Who? S who?

 

"Seo.."

 

Eun Gi? Yes? No?

 

"Luhan and Seo Eun Gi."