Pretending

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Luhan's POV

 

I was worried sick. Right after Lay punched me, I got up and ran to my car, ignoring my friends who kept scolding me. It was raining hard and I couldn't spot Eun Gi anywhere. Damn it! What if something bad happens to her? Who's to blame? I am.

I made her like that. I was the jerk. I was the one cowardly enough not to fight back.

I was the knight who lost his shining armor. And now he's going to lose his princess. Great, just great.

 

I drove carefully as I used my hawk eye to spot Eun Gi. Minutes felt like hours. I was so worried that something bad might happen to her. I was sick and I was tired of this. I wanted to tell her the truth so bad, it hurts for me not to. After a few more minutes, I got a call from Nichkhun sunbae.

 

"Hello?" I said.

"Yeah, hi Luhan. See, Eun Gi's at my dorm now." Nichkhun said.

Jackpot. "Where?" I asked quickly.

Nichkhun gave me the address and I drove straight to his dorm. Frankly, I was a little bit relieved that I know where she was, but I was still worried. Why? She's a girl and she was staying at an all boys dorm for god's sake. And the worst thing is, she was staying at Nichkhun's dorm.

 

I know that she doesn't and would never ever have feelings for that guy but still. The way he looked at her the moment he wanted to take her home on that rainy day was pretty convincing for me that he has feelings for her.

Why is this world so damn cruel?

Anyway, that was not the only thing I was worried about.

 

I know who Nichkhun hangs around with every day, Wooyoung, Taecyeon, Chansun, Jun.K and Junho sunbaes. They're like the hottest boys in Grey High. I've been to their dorm once and pooooff, six half guys were working out on their mini private gym. I must admit though, they have a great body.

Gaahh! What if Eun Gi saw them like that? No way, she can't. No way am I letting her get seduced by those guys.

 

I arrived like fifteen minutes later. I parked my car in front and rang the door bell. Chansung opened it and led me inside the living room. And oh my god was I shocked by Jun.K's words, Nichkhun's dare is to kiss Eun Gi. .

Unconsciously, I said, "Oh no he won't."

Then all six of them turned to look at me with a surprised look. Without thinking twice, I went to Eun Gi, I grabbed her arm, yanking her up and dragged her away from that dorm.

She tried to yell and she struggled from my grip but thank goodness I was way stronger than her.

But still, I have manners. I bowed to them and left the room. I left all of them in complete shock as I smirked, I pushed Eun Gi into my car and slammed the door as I went into the driver's seat.

 

"What do you want?" She asked, her tone was cold and harsh.

I was frustrated. I really wanted to tell her everything. About the incident five years ago, about my dad, about my fake dating with that witch, about how much I hated to see her dating Lay, and how much I....

 

Love her.

 

But I can't, can I? I just sat still on the driver's seat as heavy rain kept pouring. I looked out the window, unable to see her painful face. From the corner of my eye, I could see disappointment in her eyes.

"Nothing to say?" She scoffed, "I get it. You have a girlfriend now so you couldn't possibly have time to take care of other girls right? Especially not a poor and stupid person who got fooled by your nice actions like me." She said loud and clear.

 

I could hear tears streaming down her soft cheeks as she said those lines. God, if it wasn't for my cruel dad for threatening her safety, I'd grab her tight and caressed her wet cheeks.

I made no movement for a while, then I said, "I'm sorry but I have plans to do. The bus stop is five minutes from here." I turned my body to take an umbrella from the back seat, "Here, use this. And stay away from getting drenched or you'll be sick. Good night." I said as I handed her the pink umbrella I used before, the moment where I gave her the book I borrowed; the one she wanted so much.

She cried as she pushed the umbrella away from me, "I don't need this. Don't you ever speak to me again. I'll kill myself if you do." She opened the car door and slammed it as she ran to the nearest bus stop. I could see her back view, she wiped her wet eyes from her eyes as she ran.

 

Catch her now.

 

Those words echoed around my mind. I went out of my car, eager to catch her. I ran and ran, I was halfway there, but I halted. The view in front shocked me.

 

Lay was there.

 

He was hugging her tight as he held a yellow umbrella on top of them. Eun Gi hugged back as she cried her tears away. Yes, I guess this was the right thing to do.

Lay is Eun Gi's boyfriend. Lay loves her, and she loves him. There would be no spot left for me between them. I was angry, but what can I do? If.... Just if my dad didn't threaten her, I would yank her out from his hug, I would hold her waist tightly and I would plant a kiss on her small and soft lips.

How much I yearned to do that. But I can't. I turned around with my stiff body and went inside my car. I promised myself, from that way onwards, I'll try to let go of Eun Gi. I'll throw my feelings for her away and focus on my fake relationship with So Ra. I'll forget about her.

 

I'm willing to do all that,

 

because I love her.

 

She's all I want, but if I have her, she'll get hurt. She'll be miserable and she'll be sad. She's all I want, but if somebody she loves has her, she'll be safe and she won't get hurt. I'll do it. I'll forget about her.

 

Good bye Seo Eun Gi.

 

Let's go back to the time when we haven't met before and start a new beginning, as friends.

 


 

Your POV

 

The bell rang and it means it's time for lunch. I was feeling a little bit dizzy since I was drenched in the rain last night. But I held it in and went to my locker. I tidied my books and left to the cafeteria.

I spotted Lay, he was waving at me with his cute smile as he sat with his friends. I waved back, but as I approached their table, a disgusting sight amused me.

 

So Ra was sitting next to Luhan, with her arm clinging on to his. Luhan didn't seem like he enjoyed it, but So Ra was laughing and feeding him her lunch. That was until she noticed me, she scoffed, "Tch, look what the cat brought us, a garbage can. What are you doing her you filthy thing? Go away please, you're ruining my boyfriend's appetite."

I glanced at Luhan as he looked at me with his mesmerizing eyes. Heck the whole table was looking at me, but I couldn't say a word. Thankfully, Lay went to my rescue, "Ignore her," He said as he smiled, "Let's sit over there." He pointed to an empty table just two tables behind this one.

"I'd love too." I winked as I linked my arm with his.

 

I sat across from Lay and after a couple of minutes, Chen joined in, "Mind if I move here?"

"Me too." Xiumin said.

"Noona! You can't leave us like that!" Tao whined as he picked a seat next to me.

"Yo wassup?" Kris joined in too.

"What are you guys doing here?" Lay asked, half irritated that he can't spend some alone time with me.

"I can't stand that table. So Ra ruined our appetite." Chen said.

"Yeah and I can't stand her, she was mean to our noona." Tao said as he did an aegyo.

"Well, you guys are welcomed here." I chuckled.

 

I ate my apple as the whole table was in a chaos. I can't seem to get along with their topic, since my mind was out of place. I secretly stole a glance from Luhan.

Luhan and So Ra were feeding each other and was laughing. Here comes the pain again. I hated him. I hated her. I hated them. I wanted to take my eyes off of them, but I simply can't. Heck I'd really go over there to eavesdrop on what makes Luhan laugh like that.

Did she flirt with her? Did she crack a really funny joke? I have no idea.

That was when I locked eyes with Luhan for a while, then I broke it as I turned to look at Tao who was busy talking about his wushu techniques.

 

"So, I grabbed my wushu stick and I hit him on the leg like this," Tao stood up, he literally stood up on his seat as he did some tricks with his hands, "BAAMM BAAMMM BAAMM! He's out and I won!" Tao cheered as he sat back down.

"Ooohh! That looks fun! Can you teach me that?" I blurted out.

The whole table turned to look at me like I was crazy or something. Then Tao asked, "Really? You want to learn wushu from me?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Yiippiiee! I finally have one student!" Tao cheered, "Don't worry, you won't regret it! We'll start now if you want!"

"On second thought, I have to reconsider this." I teased as I chuckled.

The whole table except for Tao high fived each other as they laughed, "You're the best Eun Gi!"

"Me? What did I do?"

 

They wanted to reply, but they were cut off by Luhan's actions. He went over to our table and sat beside Kris, "So, what's up?"

"Hyung, what are you doing?" Chen asked.

"It got boring there, and So Ra wanted to go to the library to finish some paper works, so I moved here. Anything wrong with that?"

"Nothing, it's just that your girlfriend hurt Eun Gi and you did nothing to defend her. We're just upset with you." Xiumin added.

"He's right you know?" Kris said.

"Ah, about that? I thought she was used to all of what she said. Sorry about that." Luhan said half heartedly. Chen hit him on his arm but he gave a shrug.

 

That's the line. I was hurt. Yes I was and I admit it, I hate Luhan. 

"You know what guys?" I faked a smile as I stood up, "I have something to do so I must get going. See you later." I faked a laugh as I walked away.

"Wait!" Lay said.

"Yes?"

"Do you want me to tag along?" Lay asked with concern in his face.

"No it's alright, I'll go on my own. See you." I said with the brightest smile I could fake.

 

I ran to the rooftop when the cafeteria was out of sight. I slammed the rooftop door and started crying. I just couldn't help it. So Ra's words hurt me and Luhan did nothing to defend me. And when I thought he would, he made it worse by saying those hurtful words to me.

I was dizzy and it was super cold out here. 

Yes, I was used to those filthy words, but who could someone I thought cared for me say something harsh like that? I couldn't stop the tears that was coming out from my eyes. The wind was blowing hard and my skirt was going to get blown up if I don't stop it. I held it tight as I began to fall.

Suddenly, my body felt numb and weak as it started to fall. Everything went pitch black as I fell, but I felt a strong arm, catching me. I don't know who it was, and I made no effort to know since I was too tired. I closed my eyes and everything was pitch black as the last drop of water fell from my eye.