Knight

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Your POV

 

Two days has passed and it's time for me to check out from the hospital. The night after I came back from the surprise Luhan took me to was funny yet dramatic. Na Young was frantic, she was worried like hell. She scolded me until I fell asleep and I'm not exactly afraid of what she said, she was very funny. The way she dramatically scolded me was a little bit fun.

 

"I guess I can't see you again." Na Young sighed as we were waiting at the hospital lobby.

"Of course we can." I smiled as I pulled her in for a hug. "I'll miss you and your crazy drama." I chuckled.

"Aww deary, I'll miss you too." Na Young said.

 

After minutes of bidding farewells, Luhan's white car popped out from the driveway. He insisted to take me home. "For the last time, I'll be going now Na Young." I smiled as I hugged her again, "Take care now."

"You too." She smiled as she waved good bye.

 

Luhan greeted me as I opened the car door. "Ugh, you again." I teased.

"What? Expecting someone else?" Luhan smirked.

"Nope." I smiled as I hoped in and closed the door.

 

"So, you're taking me home?" I asked.

"Where else?" Luhan teased.

"One date and your head is as big as a basketball." I rolled my eyes.

Luhan chuckled, "Still, a big head means I have a big brain."

"No you don't." I teased.

"Yes I do!" Luhan frowned.

I couldn't help but laugh, "I know you do."

 

As the road to my house was getting closer, I was getting worried.

Frankly, I wasn't sure I wanted to come back.

I know I have to.

I know I still have a father to take care off.

 

But something in me just clicked. I don't know why. Could it be fear?

 

Fear.

 

Yes, it could be. After the way he treated me, I should be afraid. I just don't know how to express it.

No, I just know how to express it since I was slightly shaking and my hands were cold the whole way, I just don't know how to prevent Luhan from knowing. 

I was getting worried that if Luhan steps in, he would get in trouble.

I don't want Luhan to get involved in all this mess.

 

I don't want him to get hurt.

 

Not anymore.

 

Not because of me.

 

"Luhan?" I called him.

He answered in a hum as I continued, "Let's just stop here."

"Stop? But it's like half a mile until your house."

"I'll walk, it's okay. It's suffocating in here." I lied.

"Really? In that case, I'll just turn off the ac." Luhan's hand moved to turn the ac off but I stopped him, "No, it's okay. Like Na Young said, exercising is good for my health. Besides, I really need some fresh air after days in that air conned room." I smiled as I opened the door. I stepped out and closed it.

 

The car window opened and Luhan asked, "Are you sure? I'm perfectly fine with driving you home if that's what you're worried about."

"It's okay Luhan." I smiled happily to convince Luhan to think that I am okay.

 

But I wasn't okay.

 

Was I?

 

"Okay then," Luhan smiled, "But if anything goes wrong, call me immediately. You already have my number, I put it inside your bag after our date." Luhan smirked, "This way, I could have your number without asking you."

I chuckled, "You naive little deer, just go away. I'll be fine, bye."

"Adios Ms. Seo." Luhan waved as he drove away.

I starred at Luhan's car rear view as I smiled a wry smile,

 

I really hope that this is not a real good bye.

 

Who knows? I may have to disappear yet again.

 


 

After walking half a mile, I reached the front gate of my home. The black and rusty front gate looked firmly closed. My heart was beating fast and I began to tremble. I raised my hand to open the gate, but for many times, I hesitated.

Finally, after gathering all my strength, I opened the door as quietly as I can.

 

Surprisingly,

It was unlocked.

 

Is he not here? I thought. My mind began to wonder off, thinking of all the possibilities that could happen to my father.

 

Is he gone? 

If he is, where?

The club?

A drug store?

 

If he is here,

what is he doing?

Is he going to be mad if he sees me?

Or is he going to be happy to see his daughter back?

 

As those strange thoughts travel inside my mind, I heard a loud crash.

Without thinking twice, I broke in my house.

As I stepped into my house, I saw two images.

Two images that I know very well.

 

My appearance must have been loud since the both of them turned their heads to me and looked at me, surprised.

I sense a quarrel aura inside and it was a big one.

And it was between the land lady and my father.

 

"YA SEO EUN GI!" The land lady glared at me as she screamed, "It's been three months since you paid your house rent! I can't wait for this anymore! I want my money. Now!"

But that wasn't all the drama, my father's drunken face showed up behind her as he said, "Hey , you better pay the rent or I'll make you dissapear like last time." My father drank his liquor again, "Ah, where were you last time? Enjoying your time sleeping with another boy? Or is it more than just a boy this time?"

My heart sank. Not because I was sad, my heart was burning with rage.

 

"Sleeping with another boy?" The land lady asked in disbelief, "I didn't know you were such a . I don't care about this, since you just got back, I'll give you time until tomorrow, or you'll just have to live on the streets!" She said as she left my house.

From the corner of my eye, I saw my father drinking again.

My heart was beating fast, my eyes were watery and my head was spinning. It felt like blood, rushing inside my head. I couldn't think and I couldn't move. I was burning with anger and I felt like I was going to explode.

 

"What are you doing just standing there? Why don't you go and sleep with another one to make more money huh? Your part time job was stupid, it gives low pay. Just quit and do what you're doing now." He seemed drunk as he spoke, "You know, you did a good job. The money your boyfriend gave you for sleeping with you was quiet a lot. But I used it all up for these alcohols." He pointed at the boxes of alcohols and liquors, I could even see a glimpse of heroin and stuffs like that.

"So I need you to do what you did last time."

 

That's it. I had enough. I walked to his boxes filled with alcohols and literary destroyed it. I kicked it and I smashed it to the ground. Angrily, my father grabbed my hand and pushed me down, hard.

As I fell to the ground, my father yelled, "You crazy ! What do you think you're doing?!"

Those words were the only one I could hear, since I fell on my rib. Pain envelops through my body as my rib hits the solid floor, it hurts like mad and something felt wrong.

 

After seconds, I finally gained my attention back, "Are you even listening?!" I looked up and saw my father making a fist, scared of getting hurt, I closed my eyes, waiting for the hard blow.

But none came.

 

I opened my eyes and saw a figure, holding my dad's hand to stop him.

 

It was that cute deer.

 

Luhan was here.

 

"Who the hell are you? Get away from my sight!" I saw my dad hitting him, well almost.

Luhan dodged it as he back, hard. It made my dad stumble and fell.

I shrieked in fear, "Luhan? What are you doing here?"

 

Luhan helped me up gently as he firmly said, "No more backing down, not when the princess has given a sword to the knight. That way, the knight will surely slay the dragon."

"No more playing games Luhan, get away from here!"

 

I heard my father getting up as he screamed, "What the hell you little wrench!" He wanted to hit Luhan again, but his words stop him.

"Why do you think she's gone for days?! It's because of you! You had never been a father to Eun Gi! Do you know how much she suffered?! Her hand and legs has bruises, she was bullied at school and she had to throw a fit, every time she gets home. And because of you, her rib is broken!" Luhan yelled.

 

Seriously, I have never seen such a cute and naive deer turn into a savage deer like this one. He was so daring, it made me shiver.

 

My father stopped at whatever he was doing and looked at us.

"Because of you she could have breathing problems! If her rib is injured one more time, it could literally stab her lungs you !" Luhan continued, then he turned to look at the pale me, "You're not out because you passed out. You're out for days since you have to take part for a surgery." His gaze softened, "Sorry for keeping this from you. I just don't want you to get worried."

 

My father laughed, "Nonsense! You guys are pretty creative, making all those up. I should give an applause for this, I should even give an award!" He clapped his hands as he was drunk and I saw Luhan making a fist.

"Why you!" Luhan punched him hard again on the face as he stumbled again.

 

"Stop it!" I screamed, but it seems Luhan didn't catch it.

"I said stop it!" I ran to him and hugged him from behind, "Stop this. Please." My voice was hoarse and my eyes were filled with tears, "I'm fine, so please.... Stop this."

I could feel Luhan's body soften as he held my hand.

"Let's go." He gripped my hand, dragging me out of the house, away from all this chaos.

 

I don't want either of them to get hurt.