Schemes

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

It was time for the try outs.

Everyone was concentrating on their work.

For today's try out, Mr. Park is the supervisor. Don't get me wrong, Mr. Park may be fun in class, but he is very strict when it comes to supervising.

 

Turns out, today's seating arrangement was quiet well for Luhan.

Yes, he was sitting right next to you.

You were concentrating like mad but from the corner of your eye, you could see that Luhan kept stealing glances from you.

 

But you kept ignoring him since you wanted to have good grades for this try out.

So it's more likely like this.

 

 

While the both of you were like that, the back of the room was pretty noisy.

Lay, Chen and Xiumin were sitting side by side while Tao and Kris sat right behind them.

"Psstt, duizhanngg," Tao whispered.

"What?" He whispered back.

"Number five please." Tao blinked his puppy eyes.

 

"Guys, you shouldn't cheat like that!" Xiumin scolded them as quietly as a whisper.

"I'm going to fail, what should I do? I spent the whole day gucci shopping with duizhang." Tao whined.

"Then it's partly your fault for not studying and failing the test." Chen barged in.

 

Lay ignored them and kept concentrating on his work.

But sometimes, he would steal a glance at you like what Luhan did.

And sometimes, he would spot Luhan glancing at you.

Did he like her or something? Luhan's getting stranger and stranger. Lay thought.

 

As his thoughts wander off, Chen, Xiumin, Tao and Kris' condition were getting worse.

"Duizhang! Please help me! I'll buy you a stuffed dragon next time." Tao did an aegyo​.

"Gaahh, what answers do you want?"

"Five until ten, and then I'm done." Tao winked.

 

"Duizhhaanngg, I'll have one until four please. And then I'll buy an angry bird doll kind of thingy for you." Chen added.

"Ya! No way! You just scolded me and now you're asking for answers?" Tao whined, "Don't give him the answers duizhang!"

​"Shut up all of you, I'll just pass you all the answers." Kris gave up and started to scribble the answers on a small piece of paper.

 

"Psstt, pass it on to me too okay?" Xiumin smiled.

"Ahahaha, funny you." Tao faked a laugh as he sarcasmly said.

 

"There," Kris wrote all the answers, but when he wanted to pass it on to Tao, it fell down.

 

Background Music

 

It fell right under Mr. Park's feet.

He picked it up and read it, "What's this?" Mr. Park asked with a smile.

"M-Mr. P-Park! That's my answer key to check later on." Kris held the back of his neck as he faked a laugh.

 

"Answer key huh?" Mr. Park smiled, "Then how about I give all four of you the key to detention room right now and we'll settle this after I'm finished supervising?"

"Aisshh...." All four of them grumbled.

"What is that?" Mr. Park asked.

"Y-Yes Mr. Park." All four of them said.

"Very good, now run along." Mr. Park smiled as he gestured his hand for them to leave.

 

Tao took his bag and left, followed by Kris, Chen and Xiumin.

Lay shook his head and chuckled as he continued doing his test while Luhan laughed at them secretly.

"You're laughing?" Eun Gi asked to Luhan.

"What? It's so typical of them to cheat like that." Luhan laughed again.

 

"Mr. Luhan, care to join them?" Mr. Park smiled as his head popped out behind.

"No no sir!" Luhan shook his head as he exclaimed.

"Very good, now carry on with your test." Mr. Park walked away.

 

You can't stand and chuckled slightly.

"Now you're laughing?" Luhan pouted.

"What? It's so typical of you to laugh like that." You teased as you copied him earlier.

"Haha, copy cat." Luhan grumbled and focused on his test again.

 


 

After three days, the results were out.

The students gather around to see the results, since it was too crowded, you decided to wait until it gets more deserted.

Then, you heard So Ra talking to her friend just near you.

 

"Aren't you going to look at the scores?" Her friend asked.

"Why should I? I mean I'm always ranked first. It's getting boring nowadays to have no competitors." So Ra said.

"Okay then, I'll just go and look for mine." She said.

 

You decided to look at yours also.

 

Rank 001 : Seo Eun Gi

Rank 002: Park So Ra

Rank 003 : Zhang Yixing.

 

"Heol, So Ra finally got beaten. How am I going to tell this to her?" She said the moment she was standing next to you to look at the scores.

You just gave a smile after seeing your rank. So Ra's friend looked at you in disgust as she left the place.

"Now let's see, Luhan, Luhan, Luhan." You said to yourself as you were searching for Luhan's name there.

 

"Oh? There's no Luhan here." You said, you checked again but there was still no Luhan's name there.

"Ya," You heard a sound and it surprised you.

You jumped slightly and saw that it was Luhan, "Scared you?" He teased.

 

You just cleared your throat, "What are you doing here?"

"Looking at my score." Luhan smiled and then he turned to look at the list.

"Where's my name?" Luhan scratched his head

You realized that he only looked at the list for the top 50 rankers in the school.

 

You chuckled, "Ya." You poked him.

"What?"

"You should look over there." You pointed at the sheet of paper right next to it.

 

Rank 197 : Luhan

 

​"What the hell........" Luhan's heart sank, "The bottom again?"

"197? Oh come on, I thought I taught you better than that."

"But still I made some progress!" Luhan whined, "Last time I was ranked 200..." He confessed.

"Tch, tch," You gave a wry smile, "But at least you've made some progress so it's okay with me."

 

"Really? Gosh you're the best teacher ever!" Luhan cheered and he hugged you tight, lifting you and spinning you around.

"Ya! What are you doing?" You laughed.

 

But the two of you weren't alone.

There was two people clenching their fists as they watched you from afar.

 

"Luhan, you're going to get it." The one with short hair said.

 

"Seo Eun Gi, you bad . You're so dead by the time you get home." The one with long hair said.

 


 

Luhan's POV

 

I went home and Nana said that I have guests here.

Who could it be?

 

I went inside the living room and saw my mom and dad, along with that witch and her mother.

Park. So. Ra.

What does she want now? I grumbled inside my head.

 

"Ah, Luhan you're back." My mom smiled.

"Sit down." My father followed.

I did as he told and sat down right next to So Ra.

 

"It's a pleasure to meet all of you personally." Mrs. Park chimed.

"Yes, it's a pleasure for us too." My mom said, "Now what is it that you wanted to talk about?"

 

"Well, you see, I am the owner of Park Belle, the most famous clothing line in all of Seoul," She said proudly, "And you, the owner of Grey Group. I was thinking....." She said as she smiled at me.

Oh no, this is bad. I thought.

 

"How about mixing Grey Group and Park Belle for our new project?" Mrs. Park chimed.

And there goes the bomb, destroying everything on my path. I thought. But no worries, my mom will never let this happen. I mean, she won't right?

 

"That would be a great idea!" My mom cheered, "So? What do you think?" She turned to look at me.

I can't do anything at that time, I was literally frozen on my seat.

 

"I mean, it's a great idea right? This project is worth billions of dollars," Mrs. Park smiled,

"Besides, you guys make a great couple."

 

No.......

This means,

 

I'm going to marry So Ra.

 


 

Author's POV

 

At the same time, you were hanging out with Lay on his rooftop house.

With the wind, blowing down your neck as you hair was in a mess, you drank hot coco while waiting for Lay with his blanket.

 

"There you are." Lay appeared from the back with a wide smile.

"Here I am." You teased as you reached out to take the blanket from his hands, "Thanks."

"No problem," Lay smiled as he sat right beside you, "So, how was the try out?"

"I made two mistakes in math, and it's an easy one." You whined, "I mean how could that be? I miscounted."

 

"Girl you need to loosen up, you're at the first rank for goodness sake." Lay chuckled.

"Yeah, maybe you're right." You smiled as you drank your hot coco.

 

"So what do you want to tell me?" You asked.

"What I wanted to before I left to China." Lay said, but he hesitated to continue.

"Go ahead." You grinned, "I'm curious."

 

"Will you be my girlfriend?"