An Offer

Beauty and the Geek

 

 

Your POV

 

I opened my eyes and everything was blurry. The first thing I saw was the white, clear ceiling. It has the infirmary smell all over it. As my visions were starting to clear up, I looked around and my guess was right, I was at the infirmary.

It was huge with many rooms, the infirmary bed was way bigger than any bed I've ever slept on. I was covered with a cream colored blanket and there was a pile of cold water and used towels beside my bed.

After a few more minutes, my phone vibrated. It was a new message from who knows who.

 

Unknown Number [01.23pm]

Sick I see?

I'll be glad to cheer you up if you let me ^^

 

I rolled my eyes as I replied,

 

Sent [01.24pm]

Who is this?

 

Unknown Number [01.24pm]

Still haven't figured the handsome and thick eyebrows me?

 

Sent [01.25pm]

No wonder I felt annoyed by your text.

Well hello there Nichkhun.

 

Unknown Number [01.25pm]

Aww, now you've finally recognize me.

Tell me, you miss me don't you?

After that stupid and rude kid dragged you out of our dorm without giving me a chance to say good bye.

 

Sent [01.26pm]

No I dont....

Besides who would want to miss you?

And how do you know I'm in the infirmary?

 

Unknown Number [01.26pm]

I know you would.

I've been stalking you.

 

I rolled my eyes again as I said, "You stupid stupid arrogant stalker."

"Sshh, no talking in the infirmary!" A sound was heard from next door.

Someone's here? I thought. Then I recognized exactly who that voice belongs to. That stupid arrogant stalker.

 

I jumped off the bed and opened the curtain separating our rooms. And there he was, sitting comfortably with a cast on his arm and a big wide grin on his face.

"Well hello there." He waved at me.

"What are you doing here?"

"Likewise, I wanted to meet you." Nichkhun winked.

"Skip this whole nonsense and get to the point will you?" I snapped.

"Okay okay, geez you shouldn't be grumpy like that." he grinned, then he sighed as he continued, "I'm here because I fell after at a badminton championship in our school this morning. It didn't hurt at first, but it ached so bad fifteen minutes ago. It still hurts." Nichkhun explained.

"Ah, I didn't know there was a badminton championship this morning."

"It's because you didn't pay attention to the school clubs!" Nichkhun said as he knocked my forehead playfully.

"What was that for?" I whined.

 

Nichkhun tried to talk but he was cut off by the nurse coming inside our rooms, "Ms. Seo? I see that you're finally awake." She sighed, "You had fever but you'll be okay now since you took some medicine and you've rested enough. You should really take care of your health. I know you're busy studying for the final exams, but still, health comes first."

"Ah, thank you." I bowed at her and I gave her a warm smile.

"Yes, yes. You can go back to class now." She said as she gestured her hand to the door.

"I'll be going now, bye." I grabbed my back and walked towards the door, but I stopped and smiled at Nichkhun, "Oh, and get well soon." 

"Bye Eun Gi." I heard him chuckle as I left the room.

 

I walked to my locker to grab my books for the next lesson, which was probably the most boring lesson to all other students here, but it was kind of fun to learn, history.

I hummed as I tidied my book, I took a step back and closed my locker, but as I turned around,  my important pile of papers were scattered on the ground since I accidentally hit someone's chest.

"Sorry, sorry I wasn't-" I bowed as I apologized, but my words stopped as soon as I saw who it was.

 

Without any second thoughts, I bent down to tidy up the scattered papers on the floor and completely ignoring him, like he wasn't even there. He sighed and bent down to help too. My hand accidentally touched his for a while but I pulled my hand immediately. He handed me the papers and I took it without looking at him as I walked away.

Then he stopped me with his empty hand, "Are you feeling better now?"

"Why do you care?" I snapped as I glared at him, making tears in my eyes.

"Because I took you to the infirmary." He said with a sincere look in his face, "And I don't want you to get hurt anymore. Not because of me."

"Well, you know what? I don't need your help. I don't care anymore, Luhan..." I said, a tear fell down from my eye as I continued, "Cause I thought I could get along with the old you well, but now the old you are gone. You're a jerk, and I don't know you anymore." I let go from his grip as I walked to class.

 


 

After one hour of history, the school radio was , it said Seo Eun Gi, please report to the principal's office immediately. I widened my eyes as everyone turned to look at me, including Luhan.

"Tch, it hasn't been a month yet she has already made some troubles." A girl rolled her eyes as she mocked me out loud, "Good for us then, I hope she gets kicked out so we can live happily ever after." She said to her friend.

"Ms. Seo, you heard the radio, go to the principal's office." Mrs. Yoo instructed.

"Yes, Mrs. Yoo." I bowed and left the class.

 

"What did I do? Did I make any troubles?" I said to myself on the way to the principal's office.

My heart was beating fast since I was too afraid that I'll get kicked out from this school. I really need this scholarship since I can't afford any other school fees. And I really need this since I don't want my father to get worried.

I knocked the door slowly and I opened the door. The principal's office was huge, it has like a living room inside, with couches and a big LCD TV. I saw the principal and she gestured me to come closer, "Ms. Seo, please sit down."

 

I did as told and I cleared my throat, "Is everything alright?" I asked as quiet and as gentle as I could.

"Yes, everything is alright. I just need to interview you on something and maybe ask some important questions for you." She answered.

I gulped and I read her name on her desk, Lu Soo Yeon. Lu? As in Luhan's mom? Could it be?

"O-Okay then, w-what do you want to know?" I smiled brightly to hide my fear.

 

"I did a background check on you Ms. Seo." Principal Lu said.

"R-Really?" I asked, what does she want me to do? She even did a background check on me. What did I do wrong? I panicked.

"Well, I could see that your mom has passed away and you're currently living with your father who's actions are a bit.... Rough." She chose her words carefully, "Anyway, I heard you worked in a café, but you quit recently, and why is that?"

"Ah, that? I didn't have the time to work there anymore since I was busy studying for the exams. And I quit the job, partly because I wasn't in the state to do so."

"Not in the state to do so? What do you mean?"

"As what you've known, my father's actions were a little rough on me and I was hospitalized back then, so I wasn't in the health to work." I forced a smile.

"I see, I saw your hospital records on my husband's company patients list. And I noticed that it was the same day my dear son was spotted in the hospital. Do you have any idea where he went that day? Did the both of you met up?"

"N-No, sorry Principal Lu, but I don't know Luhan that well. We're only partnered once for an English project, but that's it, we have nothing going on after that." I lied.

 

"I see, that's good then. I don't want to see my son hanging out with a commoner like you." She cleared as she continued, "Anyway, I called you here since I was impressed by your grades on the try outs."

Her first words hurt me, but her second ones were quite meaningful coming from the principal herself.

"And you do know that Luhan was on the 197th rank right?"

"Y-Yes Principal Lu."

"Then you must've figured why I called you. I'd like you, Seo Eun Gi to tutor my son. I know you have financial issues at home so why bother looking for a tiring job? Tutor him and if he has good grades from now on, you'll be rewarded finely. I assure you, there would be no need for you to worry about money anymore."

 

What did she just say?

 

"A-Are you sure? I'm really incapable for teaching others." I lied. Frankly, I despised hearing the thought of even getting near Luhan, and now what?  I have to tutor him? That means I have to sit next to him for hours and maybe even talk to him. This a complete no no for me.

"Yes I am. I wanted to ask So Ra to tutor him instead of you since she was placed on the 2nd rank. But I thought and thought about it, who wants to give money to that rich- student anymore? She already has money and power, and you don't." Principal Lu said.

 

Whoa, she was so straight forward. And did she call her a rich- student? I thought she approved for them to be boyfriend and girlfriend.

"Excuse me, rich- student?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, you've heard the news that she's dating Luhan haven't you?" She asked and I gave a slow nod. She sighed as she continued, "That So Ra has power and wealth, she's rich and I don't want Luhan to get hurt if So Ra has second thoughts about breaking up with him. With her kind of power, who knows what she could do." 

"Ahh, I-I see." I gave a wry smile.

"So, how about it Ms. Seo? Do we have a deal?"

No we certainly do not. I wanted to tell her that, but let me think about this wisely.

 

First, I don't have money and she offered me loads of money for tutoring him.

Second, if I reject her offer, I'd have to stick with lots and lots of part time jobs and still earn low pay.

Third, if I accept her offer, I'll have to spend some time with that jerk. Gaahh I hate him so much. Wait, is that a good thing or a bad thing? I have no idea.

Fourth, if I accept her offer, I could repay all of my father's debts.

Fifth, if I reject her offer, the chances of me laying in a coffin will rise up up up since I'd have no money for food. Plus I had to take care for my father.

 

So the conclusions were three positives and two negatives. Which means I'm better off accepting her offer than to reject her offer. But still, I'd rather do hundreds of part time jobs than to ever spend some alone time with that jerk. So the answer is still a no. End of conclusion.

"Ms. Seo?" Principal Lu woke me up from my thinking trance.

"Oh, yes?"

"One more thing, you have come and live with us until the tutoring ends."

 

And there goes another bomb.

"What?"

"It's tiring for you to come back and forth to your house all day. Besides, it's tiring for Luhan to wait for you to come tutor him, and what i you forgot to bring your homework and stuffs? You'd have to go back home and it'd eat lots of time. You're staying with us until you finish tutoring him."

That's it, no more thinking wisely, I'm so rejecting her offer. But I don't want to say it out loud.

 

"Ahahaha," I faked a laugh, "I guess you should ask Luhan about that. It could make him uncomfortable if I have to live in with-" I searched for all possible reasons, but I was cut off by a loud opening of the door.

Luhan came in and he quickly yelled, "It's okay!"

"Luhan what are you doing here?" Principal Lu asked, I glared at him as he laughed awkwardly.

"Sorry, I was just around this corridor when I accidentally heard your conversations," Luhan said.

Lies lies lies. I thought as I rolled my eyes.

"And the answer is yes. I'd love to have Eun Gi as my live-in tutor." Luhan smiled.

I gave him a death glare, and if looks can kill, Luhan would be lying inside a coffin, dead, with So Ra crying beside it right now.

 

"So, it's settled now right?" Principal Lu asked.

"No, wait, I-" I tried to protest, but Luhan cut me off, "You said it yourself didn't you? You wanted to ask my opinion about you as my live-in tutor, and I said yes. So that's it right? No more excuses for you to reject this offer."

I turned to Principal Lu to really reject this offer, but again, she cut me off, "Okay then it's settled. It seems like my son is getting eager to get tutored by you so what more could I possibly want? We'll start this offer today."

"Bu-But!" I tried to speak again but I was again, cut off by her, "Oh and if you have any questions, feel free to ask Luhan or you may ask his nanny, Nana."

"I'm very fine with this, but-"

"She said she's fine with this so let's sign the contract shall we?" Luhan interrupted.

"Here, take this and read it. And then sign it and return it back to me. Pleasure having you on board Ms. Seo." Principal Lu smiled.

 

Oh no, this is not going to be a pleasant ride. Damn, why does fate wanted to bring the both of us together this much? Fate, I hate you. But I thank you for giving me the opportunity to spend more time with Luhan.

Wait, what?