father

Mortal Guardian

Hearing those words, those desperate words… there was nothing that chanhee could do because in the end ricky was right. They were both so broken that even condolences merely exists. Neither of them could offer comfort because each time they laid eyes on each other all there was, was just guilt coloring their gaze.

So without comfort,

“well...you should’ve”

“yoo changhyun”

 

That sheer sentence was enough to silence ricky. It was direct and lethal, words made reality just another piece of garbage to both of them. They hated the world and consecutively each other. Speechless the younger boy walked out, trembling on each step suffering from his own thoughts that was like a plague.

 

 

Whereas the mighty angel inside was starting to shake too, from his own cruel words. Chunji could barely look at ljoe who was sleeping, disgrace was growing inside the young man’s heart.

 

“you should have died too, dummy. Then I would gladly follow both of you….”

“with nothing on this world to stop me from killing myself…”

 

 

Those were the words chunji uttered the moment ricky disappeared from his sight. Looking straight to byunghun he admitted clear and loud the reason why he hated ricky. Changhyun was the only reason left that kept him alive, the responsibilities and consequently the affections. His promise to protect the child was never broken, just barely grazed by the absence of byunghun. So how could he ever be selfish and commit suicide so that he could be with ljoe when outside that vault was ricky, sobbing near the dinner table praying to god that he wouldn’t be alone.

Chunji loved him enough to not abandon the boy once more.

 

 

 

“channi! DUCK!!”

 

Byung hun swung his arms hard and smacked the horned demon right in the face, while his free hand stealthily stabs it deep. Smirking the moment he saw how the demon fell and cringes to death, his tactic worked perfectly, and then realizing his boyfriend, who was on the floor beside him, probably had fallen from ducking the blow.

 

"jerk"

 

Chunji muttered as he helped himself up, brushing off dirt from his leather pants when he saw another sick psychotic demon on its way to devour him. The blonde angel took out his bow and inhaled deep as he jumped up, soaring in the sky and shooting right through the demon midair. It incinerated the moment the arrow got through, while chunji lands perfectly he took a peek around.

Ljoe was gone.

 

“bb..byung?”

 

Though he was sure that ljoe could handle any type of danger with that strength, the fact that his lover was not in his sight made chunji uneasy. Almost sprinting he breathe in deep, trying to detect where his dear ljoe were by scent when his sniffing halted.

 

 

“aishh…. YARGH!! LEE BYUNG HUN!”

wae. Ahaha… gosh you’re such a worry-pants. Im fine. See.”

 

 

The brunette held up his hand, holding a detached head of their target. A half-blood demon in his hand, bloody and lifeless with a face of a good looking man. Chunji’s eyes quickly turned golden as he snarled at his boyfriend for finishing the job alone. Still a slight smirked escaped because honestly all he could think have been how glad he was at ljoe who were scratch-free.

 

 

aishh this ….. Suit up, we’re going home”

“Aww are you sulking my channiiiiee~~ don’t be. I finished this fast for a reason…”

“so tonight we could at least be home early and maybe….. We can ‘celebrate’”

 

 

Byunghun sent shivers down the chunji’s spine with that naughty growl on his lover’s ear. But that growl could bring nothing but a shy giggle from the blonde angel as his wings spreads free, rather euphoric from the offer. They walked lightly out of the blood bathed mansion that belongs to the half demon, carrying the head inside a plastic bag as a proof of assassination to the person who hired them. A job well done, chanhee figured when…

 

 

“father….”

 

Ljoe’s eyes widened the moment he realized that there was a young child holding onto his pants. Looking at chunji the moment after, a tremor went down the angels spines. That child was bleeding, stabbed in the waist, bruised and weary. But the sentences after the call was even more alarming, even for the most cold-blooded hunters.

 

 

“k..kkill me too…”

“please… kill me, mister I beg you… end me”

 

 

Words were practically impossible when they saw how tragic the situation was. They never knew that their target had kids, no all they needed to know was how to kill him. Everything else would just be left behind for the cleaners to clean up.

 

 

“aren’t angels supposed to grant wishes..”

 

 

Hearing that, both of them started to realize the damage they had done to this child’s life. They were cold and probably even cruel nevertheless they were once angels. Creatures that protects and merciful, so the moment they saw the child… all they could remember was their previous duty.

His eyes started to dampen, looking at the only person who matters byunghun held out his hand towards the child the moment chunji nodded of approvement…

 

“would…would…you like to come with us?”

“huh?”

Come with us, we’ll grant your wishes then okay. So come…”

“what’s your name?”

“y..yyoo chang…hyun”

“lets go, changhyun-ah….”