Perfection

Mortal Guardian

The brown, heavy door creaked painfully against the marble floors as Changhyun walked in with his head held low and smelling like liquor. Chunji stared at the smaller as he silently put down the book and sighed. Everything was in place and yet, Changhyun had looked as if they had lost everything. “Hey.” He called. “Hey hyung, hmm… you look good. The new shirt looks good on you.” Changhyun mumbled as he faked a smile, somehow still looking rather sincere too. “You didn’t even look at me, you bastard.” Chunji smirked as he picked up the book again and flipped it back to where he had left. “Get a haircut Yoo Chang, you look tier each day.”

“I sure do.”

“We’re having dinner at eight so…”

“I’ll come down. Don’t worry.”

 

“He looked worse. Did he look like this before I woke up or is this much better?” Ljoe crept quietly beside the gold haired angel, his fingers instinctively caressing the nape of the latter’s neck, gently and lovingly. Chunji sighed, relieved and glad that Ljoe was there beside him, loving him like before. Biting his lips, he turned to face Ljoe, smiling and gently staring into the latter’s green, enthralling eyes. LJoe smiled back, pulling the taller into his arms and hugging him, with a sense of longing and slight desperation. They survived another two years together, finally after the resurrection but Ljoe could never have enough of his partner. 24 months passed and yet, he could still feel the longing biting into his ribs and ripping out of his chest. 

 

Their infatuation for each other was boundless. 

 

“I can’t tell the difference actually but I know he’s still in pain. I hurt him, Byung. In ways I couldn’t even think of, before when you were gone. I’m sorry” the angel pleaded, burying his face deeper into Ljoe chest, gritting his teeth over the movement of it. Ljoe in the other hand was seized into countless of images, imaginations. His thoughts lingered wildly as he held Chunji’s hand, looking at it and wondering of the faults that happened while he had wilted and lay asleep.

 

“And while I was too busy grieving, Changhyunnie… he fell in love. I don’t even know why but I was jealous; it was like he was going away, like he didn’t deserve to run. I blamed him, myself” tears streamed down his nose as he closed his eyes, took a breath and continued.

 

“and the person who Ricky fell for was the one who became your salvation. Tragically. But honestly, I never knew that it was him, he volunteered and he said it was fine. He said… take care of Changhyunnie”

His shoulders were shuddering; his lips dry, as he clamped his jaws together. He cried and cried, ashamed of what happened. “You must hate me so much now right? Every time we talked about this, I can see you turning cold.”

“I do. I hate the things you did Chunji, not you. You were too lost, too pained that you forgot your promise, our promise. We planned to raise him, not make the world a living hell.” Ljoe explained as his hands rubbed Chunji’s back, easing the pain for both of them. He was gentle and comforting but his face was as cold as when he was asleep. He could not comprehend the severity of their situation before and after he woke. Still, lovingly he brought his lingering gaze back to Chunji and tilted the blonde haired angel’s head so that they could look into each other’s eyes. 

 

“But then again, I’m just as foolish as you. I made just as much mistakes. I was a fool, a bloody proud one too.” he spoke as he stared into Chunji’s golden eyes, smiling gently and caressing the latter’s face. 

 

“I should’ve called for your help, for our friends to fight along but I was too proud that I thought my strength alone could defeat all of them. It was a grave mistake. Maybe, if I had called for help sooner, we’d have a different situation now.” He closed his eyes, turning away as the haunting memories stabbed into his chest and made him feel so guilty, so ashamed exactly like how Chunji felt. Seeing Ljoe’s grave expression, the latter looked down and bit his fingers; they were both so tainted with guilt that neither of them could comfort each other.

 

Their fate was a twisted, never ending river of affection that had slowly became an obsession. Chunji and Ljoe had forgotten how it felt to be a human, all they remembered was perfection.