weak 2 : somewhere

Mortal Guardian

“enjoy your weekend boys ~”

 

Their shift ended unexpectedly early, thanks to the manager of course. Her sudden leave meant the end of working hours to the boys. Sending out each one of his colleagues’, chanhyun swept the floor earnestly, hoping that he could stall time. He was just too tired to face chunji.

 

 

“do you want to that together?”

 

 

Changjo asked while dropping his bag on the ground. His plan was to go to the gym, to practice more so that he’d make his mother be proud but the moment he saw ricky doing all those unnecessary chores that plan was gone.

 

 

“uh… you’re still here. No, its okay. Go home changjo”

 

 

The petite young man smiled as he swapped the broom with a mop. Recognizing that grin changjo rolled his eyes as he picked up his bag and walked out. Not because he hated ricky but rather that tingly sensation inside his nose when a certain woman stood out of the café.

 

 

 

“aww here’s my little puppy!! All grown up I see”

“lets just go okay”

 

 

The boy tried walking ahead when suddenly she pulled the hem of his collar, tearing it with her sheer touch. Alarmed changjo quickly turned around and pulled the pieces of his shirt together, but his back was bare. She stared at the view as a provocative sneer escaped her plum stained lips.

 

 

“what do you think you’re doing granny?!”

 

“still no signs of power, you are useless I suppose. I can’t believe I let this failure slip by”

 

Jonghyun glared at the middle aged woman as he clamped his jaws, fighting the urges of changing his eye color.

 

Ricky was just about to throw away the trash when he saw what happened outside, alarmed the boy rushed out with intentions of helping his dear friend. When her words made him frozen, changhyun isn’t the type to eavesdrop, no he was taught well enough to care only for his own needs.

But those words were just too familiar…

 

 

“lets not do this here okay”

“why? Afraid they would find out how weak you are huh…. Half-blood”

“or is it because you’re too scared to fight back…”

“you weakling!”

 

 

Weak… His heart burnt of anger when he suddenly heard that particular word.

“he’s strong”

 

 

Changhyun glared into her eyes, his unyielding tone throwing her off her guards as he walked closer and closer. To a point where his whispers were as loud as thunder.

 

 

“that person you called a weakling had fought six opponents in his fight before, consecutively”

“so you should really watch what you said… “

“and judging from that bloodstain from your hand, I’m guessing you had a ‘meal’. How about leaving before I make a scene and caught the attention of the patrol. You know mystical guards and angels aren’t so forgiving right?”

 

 

He snarled at the woman, snatching changjo’s hand and pulling him inside. Abandoning her in the streets. He didn’t realize what he did and what gave him the courage to do such bold action, especially when it involved risky situation. But instead of asking himself, just why would he bother with someone else’s problem,

 

“a..are you alright, jonghyun?”

“mm.. fine, just a tad bit embarrassed.”

 

 

The taller boy struggled to keep a straight face while trying to piece the shreds of his clothes on his own body, avoiding any eye contact was first priority. Finally seeing how exposed changjo were, ricky’s blood rushed to his cheek interestingly speedy.

 

 

“I’ll… i..i’ll take uhm, a.. shirt. Yeah! You need a shirt”

“hmm.. nahh, I have some spare shirt back in my locker. It’s fine.”

“uhh…. Rickya…. D..don’t go anywhere okay?”

“o..okay”

 

 

Jonghyun slipped on his grey shirt, momentarily stopping in a daze as he smiled. He did saw my judo competition last week, he was there. Changjo’s face lit up, realizing that ricky was watching him in his fights.

 

 

The white wall clock ticked as it showed the time. It was barely afternoon and ricky was too bruised inside to face chunji so early. Going home was always painful but this time it was unbearable.

 

 

“you wanna go somewhere?”

 

 

Snapping out of his thoughts, ricky almost gasped looking at how well jonghyun dressed. Even when all he wore was just some spare clothes.

 

 

“what?”

“lets go somewhere…”

 

 

The tall dark haired boy came close to changhyun, locked his dark brown eyes, hints of blue shining through as changhyun stared into like it was the galaxy.

“okay”

 

 

 

 

They rode the bus and transited to a train and finally on their feet. Ricky didn’t know how far they went, all he could remember was how he nodded off a few times inside the moving vehicles. Scooting closer each time the chilly breeze brushed over their cheeks.

 

Walking was way colder but how the cold air grazes their skin, how the wide pale weeds moved along with harmony and the smell of wet drenched road made each step easier. He didn’t know where he headed but he liked the journey too much that he feared it would end… so changhyun walked a slower pace.

Watching the jonghyun’s back moving further and further.

“we’re here”

 

 

Ricky smiled as he closed his eyes, the view of the rice fields started to fade as the sound of the sea hits his eardrums. Humming to it synchrony, the small boy brushed his hair back as the cold freezing wind slams against his cheeks.

 

 

Running back to changhyun carefully trying not to spill any of the hot tea, changjo breathed in deep. His eyes locked on the sunset, shining this radiance over their face as they sat at the beach for hours. Silently listening to the waves.

 

 

“so you did watch my match…”

“yeah. Just one though, I was on my way home when I saw you…. So I waited to see how well you’d do”

 

 

A smirk broke from changjo’s face as he played with the golden sands beside his feet. Ricky looked at the taller boy, trying hard not to smile but certainly failed when he saw jonghyun’s calm blissful features.

 

 

“did I do well?”

 

 

...

 

“you did great…..”

 


okay so i used my drawings to make a poster hehe >< i ran out of ideas to make more posters hahaahhhhaah sorry if its crappy!!