Not interested

Mortal Guardian

The bruises on changhyun’s jaw were slowly fading but still it was clearly visible. Still hoping that no one would notice he bowed low to the employees of his new part time job.  It was his first day but he practically dragged himself into this job. He, no someone matter needed the cash.

 

So with a heavy heart he faked a wide big grin he was known for.

 

A smile that never fails to look genuine and cheerful. Enough to fool those who were around him. However there was one boy who was keen enough to past changhyun’s show, staring skeptically at the boy’s blue tainted skin. Nodding halfheartedly, he immediately went back to his work completely ignoring the situation.

 

Indeed ricky’s smile was spellbinding as most of the employees were all over the innocent looking lad. Especially the famous three, Daniel, CAP and the manager noona, Jiyoon. Welcoming the newbie like a new family member they instantly warmed up to the boy, introducing themselves one by one.

 

Except for one guy who was too busy making drinks by the counter.

 

Silently finishing his work and packing up. His shift was over and the boy took off just like that. No such greeting or smiles, not even a glance at Ricky. Just a high five with niel before he coldly walked past Changyhun and left. Of course, that cold gesture sent a wave of annoyance through the newbie’s spine, so much that his face was spelling the aggravation and made jiyoon notice.

The young lady walked up to ricky and whispered.

 

“that my brother is Jonghyun. Uhmm I think he’s about your age so you definitely could be friends”

 

Sneering slightly, ricky looked at the elder lady rather puzzled.

 

“ pfft, yah don’t gimme that face ok. He’s great dude. Might be a lil cold at first but I promise you once you warmed up to him…. He’s the dumbest most insane dude ever. “

“ huh, no ”

 

Niel replied the girl’s statement with a loud snicker. But ricky was just as cold inside so he stopped right there and didn’t bother about the ‘cold’ city boy.

 

 

Whatever I have no time to hustle over something so trivial. I have enough s to care about back home.

The babyfaced lad thought to himself as he made himself comfy at the counter. A place he genuinely belong to. The boy was gifted, he had …

 

INTELLIGENCE

 

So much that he graduated primary school much earlier than his peers and could even sum up the price of hundreds cups of coffee just by his brain. No such assistance from the good old calculator. Yes he was even considered a genius by those who were close.

His mind was fast, rational and clear.

But that specific state of mind was not because of his genetics, instead he was trained. To think with speed and accuracy, each decision precise with zero error. Because the moment he made a mistake, he might definitely die.

 

The day went slow but it finally ended. Dragging his feet home his heart started to beat faster. His home was the last place he wanted to go back to. Then again, he was helpless. He has to go home or someone very intimidating would tear the living soul out of his body.

 

Knocking on the door, changhyun opened the door slowly. But still the old door made a faint creak, the boy clamped his jaw as he braces himself for the one person within the huge mansion.

 

“You’re late. Again“

 

A dashing fair lad was mindlessly leaning on staircase handrail. Playing with a silver coin that was effortlessly gliding on his pale fingers as if it was defying the gravity. Then the pale dashing lad glared at changhyun with a deathly glow. His bright golden eyes were as clear as daylight even under the dim lights.

 

Stuttering, Ricky swallowed the shivers on his spine and explained.

 

“Miean cha..chanhee hyung. I just got off my part time ww..work so…”

“well you should’ve came back faster. That smart brain of yours seemed to be worthless on being punctual huh?”

 

Lowering his head changhyun silently climbed up the stairs. But before he could take another step chanhee appeared in front of him and smashed the younger lad against the wall.  Traces of rage was painted clear on the elder’s face as he shrugged his shoulder, somewhat withering in pain. He was unleashing something from his back, a bodily reaction to his anger.

 

A symbol of power that would remind ricky of the authority he has over the petite young boy.

 

Ricky watches silently as he held his breath. It was a sight that many would find miraculous but absolutely not to him.

 

White glistening feathers started to spread on chanhee’s back. A pair of platinum blonde wings grew within seconds on chunji’s shoulder blades, casting shadows on Ricky’s face. Covering his eyes completely from the dim light of the huge chandelier hanged just beside the staircase.

 

“Don't you dare ignore me yoo changhyun! I’m not joking when I told you that I can tear your soul out of your weak mortal shell. “

 

With his piercing golden eyes locking itself on changhyun’s face, the elder growled with a ghastly expression on his beautiful face.

A face many had succumbed to and faltered.