wings

Mortal Guardian

Tick tock, the clock kept ringing inside chunji. It was time to leave, the time was already four am and any longer the silence could probably drive him insane. The blonde haired lad wiped his cheeks and went out, taking one last look behind before the heavy metal plate closes.

“I’ll be back dear…”

 

His steps were weary, rather weak from thinking and blaming himself for a good six hours. Planning to grab a drink, his eyes suddenly grew. He felt a presence, strong ones and what worried him most, unfamiliar ones.

 

 

He placed his hands on the walls, concentrating as much as he possibly could, every single noises were rather loud that way. Closing his eyes he directed his focus to one specific room, holding his breath he tried to listen harder when a relived sigh went out. All of what he sensed in that room was changhyun, that boy was alone. He was safe.

 

 

“huh… okay. Now, back to business”

 

 

Chunji blasted into a room that was nearest to him, looking around he smirked when he found a very small button. His eyes lit up as he watches the stack of blades coming out from the wall when he pushed it. Grabbing his favorite sword, the angel stormed out, wings springing out like a glossy shield as he braced himself going into the kitchen.

Stealthily creeping inside, his ability to hide behind shadows enabled the blonde angel to be invisible. When his mouth opened, he wanted to speak but there were no words as he peeked out of the darkness.

 

 

“I can see you chaniii yah ~~”

Two very devious looking people were stuffing themselves with food, eyes redder than blood and skin even paler than the clouds. One a lady with thick short red hair, gulping down a bottle of whiskey whereas the other one was a man, white platinum hair and thick black eye shadow that rimmed those crimson eyes.

 

 

“yo.”

“oh .my .god… I can’t believe this”

 

 

His wings curled back as it slowly faded, chunji smacked the long blade on the table glaring at those two feeling his wrath building another level higher.

 

“damn.. you two. Hyuna stop drinking my whiskey!”

 

 

Hyunseung laughed at the sight of his girlfriend’s face, which was already in a state beyond a frown. Then rather boldly the white haired demon walked closer to chunji and pulled the angel into a hug.

 

“how are you chanhee? Are you holding up well?”

 

Roughly the angel pushed hyunseung away, but that action only made the elder smile wider.

 

 

“ohh lord.. how is it that you’re even colder now huh?”

“whatever, what happened to you two. I can barely recognize you. If I didn’t remember enough, you two would be dead by now”

 “aha….say, where is he. I wanna see him chunji”

 

The angel’s motions stopped, honestly he couldn’t bear going inside that vault again. But byunghun’s best friends were there and refusing would just be plain rude. Silently the angel walked ahead.

 

“follow me.”

 

Hyunseung’s red blazing eyes calmed down as he watches byunghun. His hand silently searched for hers as hyuna cupped her lips with her the other.

 

 

“how is he?”

“he’s…. the same. Alive but … well unconscious”

“we… we’ve been asking around ya’know. A healer maybe….. maybe that could help”

“a healer huh, what, is he gonna grow wings for him?”

 

 

A sarcastic smirk drew across the angel’s face as he ran his hand over the right side of the glass, tracing the wingless side of byunghun. A side that only chanhee could see, a side that was absent. Byunghun was one wing short.

 

 

“Don’t say that. We never know lee…. We can try”

“Maybe he’s done trying… don’t cha think, hubby?”

 

 

hyuna looked into chunji’s eyes, teasing the angel. Chanhee scoffed as he took a seat in the corner of the room. Brushing his forehead as he listened quietly to her words.

 

 

“maybe its time for you to move on channie, not to be rude but I don’t think this guy right here will ever wake up okay”

“it’s time for you to let this go, chunji yaa….”

 

 

Her voice shaken, a sentence that came out perfectly near to a plead. Gritting his teeth chunji looked down to the frozen metal floor, as the ice flakes started to tremble. He had enough and hyungseung saw it.

 

“babe… I thi..”

“…out, now”

 

 

Gulping down the shiver that ran down her spine, hyuna bit her lips and vanished out of the vault. Hyunseung could only painfully look at his frightened girl, trying to contain his own growing fear. But he knew, even when chunji’s sheer voice could awaken his deepest fear, doing better than the devil himself, chanhee was not the type to go rampant so easily.

 

 

“im sorry …”

“me too.”

 

 

After quite some time the two creatures was finally out, a gentle smile was on chunji’s face as he convinced her that he wouldn’t do any harm. She barely could reply the smile when suddenly ricky stormed down the stairs.

 

 

“changhyy….. okay bye dear!”

 

She stuttered on her words as the young boy walked ahead, without a proper greeting. However his eyes were on chunji the whole time, a boiling gaze that made the chanhee look away. Things were never colder between them, changhyun was hurt and he wasn’t scared to show it.

 

 

“what in the world happened to you two? I have never seen that precious angel so angry before”

“yeah, reminds me of someone”

 

 

She bluntly poked the golden eyed man, finally brave enough to joke around once more. Chunji sighed the moment the door slammed shut, resonating a loud, wrathful sound inside the mansion.

 

 

“I said something I shouldn’t….. and well, now he hates me”

ahaha what a twist, it used to be you who despised that fluff ball! Now look at this, like father like son.”