escape : an uninvited flutter

Mortal Guardian

“im sorry.. I didn’t mean to shut…”

 

 

Their ride was almost at the end, one more spin and it would be over. Suddenly disturbed by the silence changhyun turned to changjo only to find out how adorable he’d look. Jonghyun was asleep, on that few minutes ride choi jonghyun was calmly asleep, leaning on the wall of the vessel.

When suddenly the wheel halted at the highest point. Alarmed changhyun leaned forward looking for the coordinator, realizing that the control room was empty.

 

“mmph… it’s 10:01… don’t worry… he’s having a break…”

 

 

Changjo was awake, slurring and drowsy. He said those words and immediately went back to sleep, a gentle grin on his face. Ricky now realized why the boy had stalled so much, this was the reason. To let him have this moment longer…..

 

 

“thank you… jonghyun-ah”

 

 

That whisper came out trembling as ricky stared at the sleeping young man. His hand reaching out to changjo, unintentionally making way to the boy’s face when changhyun froze. This warm feeling that turned into a choking sensation in his chest within a blink of an eye, the fact that his heart was speeding two times faster terrified him.

Why was he so afraid, over this mere human beside him?

 

 

 

 

“I’ll walk you inside.”

 

“no. here’s fine changjo… go home. Your family must be worried…”

 

“that…. Guardian of yours. Hmph, he has temper and I know it, I could smell it.”

“coming home this late, for sure he’d be mad at you. If I am there I could..”

 

“he won’t hurt me.”

 “and if you’re so worried, I have some friendly relatives over so they’ll take care of me. go home changjo”

 

 

Anxieties were still staining his gaze as the tall boy pulled ricky back a few steps. In his hands were a box and a black smartphone, the one they used a few hours before.

 

“here. Its my old phone… “

“you can throw it away once u got a new one”

 

 

Ricky took it, hesitations were obvious in the trembles of his hands but he knew it wasn’t an offer. So holding it while he watches changjo slowly fades into the street, a bittersweet smile slowly carved its way to his face.

 

 

“it’s really old…”

Then looking at the door, ricky silently exhaled….. it’s gonna be a long night

 

 

 

“why were you late changhyun”

Chanhee snarled, his back facing changhyun’s shaking heart.

 

 

“im sorry… hyung.”

 

 

But hyuna was by his side, holding ricky’s hand tight and warm assuring him that he was safe. So smiling at the woman, changhyun bit his lips and let go, walking up to his room. Unable to look at his angel without his heart withering.

 

 

 

“you courageous little mortal, who do you think you are?!! ANSWER ME!”

“someone who is supposed to be dead”

 

 

 

Changhyun whispered as he kept his eyes on the floor, pain was shooting through his chest as he tried to contain his anger. Seeing it, the blonde haired lad gulped, realizing how deep his words had cut ricky with, another type of guilt slowly engulfing him. Rotting away all his strength.

 

 

“go.”

 

 

Swallowing the prickly emotions in his chest, the shorter boy rolled his eyes as he made his way to his room. Locking the door and throwing himself on the bed, face down. Air inside that mansion felt poisonous to ricky’s lungs so he rather not breathe.

 

 

“ughh!”

 

 

Flipping his body up, his eyes were already wet, tears that came within split seconds was unbearable. Then a thud caught his attention, the smartphone was on the floor. He picked it up , wiped his damp eyelids and turned it on. A grin broke free the moment it lit up, it was changjo. Growling at the monster, rather shamelessly taking a selfie at the same time.

His night was decent, great rather and nothing could change that. After so long yoo changhyun had slept with a smile on his face

 

 

 

The next morning came rather quick as ricky got ready for work, then remembering that it was Sunday. Taking off his uniform the boy sighed as he stared at the clock. When a thought came storming into his mind. Rummaging through his stuffs, he grinned at the sight of a jigsaw puzzle. It’s been a while, a thought that brought subtle happiness through his face.

It was already 3 pm. Chunji didn’t even see ricky’s shadow and that made him restless.

 

 

He crept into the boy’s room, silently groaning to the empty sight then making his way down back to the kitchen. Growling a tone louder when he saw hyuna sneaking around his liquor stash. She then said.

 

 

uhm, chuji-ya. Where’s my pretty boy, ugh I can’t find him anywhere but his stuff is still here”

“can you find him for me, pleaseeee~”

 

 

“of course, if you promise to keep that demonic fingers off my drink. Got it?”

 

 

 

Walking rather mindlessly, the young man silently made way to the vault, smirking the moment his guess was confirmed. Changhyun was inside, sleeping beside ljoe’s vessel. A wistful smirk carved slightly on the boy’s face as he leaned on the cold walls.

And beside were thousand pieces of puzzles, solved almost completely. A picture of a huge gleaming feeriswheel.

 

 

“so that was where you went”

 

 

A pained expression slowly emerges on the angel’s face, as he left the room leaving ricky alone to sleep with a better dream. A dream probably without him.

 

 

 

“What! What! What! Go away you freaks!!”

“get behind me ricky..”

The obvious grin in ricky’s face started to fade as his eyelids twitches, waking up to the complete pieces of the puzzle, all in place. His sullen face lit up ever slightly, knowing who solved it, the only one who could. then suddenly the loud noises became too unbearable for his curiosity  to ignore.

 

When he walked out, the first thing he saw was chunji in full wrath, wings spread wide and eyes blazing golden, as roar escapes those mahogany lips.

 

 

“I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON LJOE! YOU CAN BANISH IF YOU THINK YOU CAN MAKE ME MOVE ON”

“IM.NOT.GIVING.UP”