Break Up

Remember me?

 

Months passed by and you were already graduating from high school along with Luna, Jieun.

Infinite had put their studies on hold for awhile while they continue to promote on their follow up song.

On graduation day, you, Luna and Jieun were the few of honor students who graduated with a full scholarship. 

After the long ceremony, the three of you hugged each other tight and you saw Jieun tearing up.

Wiping her tears away, "Silly girl, it's not like we're not going to see each other forever."

Luna then smacked you with the certificate booklet, "Ouch, Luna. What was that for."

Then she started tearing up to, "How are we suppose to not cry when you're going to all the way to ing Paris for college."

Yes, you were on a full scholarship to Paris to study fashion design.

Well, your sister knew you had interest in fashion design all along and she came by to know a friend who teaches at a college in Paris.

So she thought it might be a good chance to study somewhere else for a better environment, or a better change.

What Luna said made you felt a little guilty, you were going to leave your two best friends behind in Seoul University while you're going all the way to Paris.

"Is Seoul not good enough for you? They have fashion design in Seoul University too y'know!", you could hear Jieun saying behind her sobs.

You pat her back to calm her down, "Seoul's been great but my sister thought it would be good if I could study in a different environment."

"But you ARE in a different environment! You came to Seoul from Singapore!", Luna protested.

"I think what she want to say is that maybe I could learn something different from the western side, who knows."

"Oh god, I'm going to miss you so much.", Jieun hugged you tight which you hugged her back.

"Me too. Promise you'll come back Seoul as soon as you're on break?", Luna held out her pinky, and so did Jieun.

You smiled and hooked your pinky to theirs, "I promise."

 

"Care to explain?", Infinite's manager said as he threw a bunch of photos of you and Dongwoo on the table.

"What."

"This came in the mail today. How long have you two been dating?"

"A year plus. Well, technically, 6 years."

"6-WHAT 6 YEARS?!"

"She was my childhood friend in Singapore and it was like fate bringing us back together, hyung."

"I don't ing care, Dongwoo. Have you been listening to what I've been telling you guys? No-"

"dating unless you say so. I know, hyung, I really do. But ________'s different!"

"You're dating, Dongwoo. Why would I care if she's different or not."

"But hyung!"

"End this or I'll end it for you.", and the manager slammed the front door after he left.

Slowly, the members came out from their respective rooms.

"You guys heard everything?", Dongwoo asked.

And they all nodded slowly, with Woohyun putting a arm on his shoulder.

"So what are you going to do now?"

Dongwoo let out a loud sigh, "I don't know. this . Maybe it was wrong being an idol in the first place."

"Shut the hell up, Jang Dongwoo. You know it better that you love being an idol and you never regretted it.", Sunggyu said.

"I love to perform but when it comes to relationship, it's like we're birds being trapped in a cage. We can't love and be loved."

Sungjong then sat next to Dongwoo and slightly shook his shoulders, "Hyung."

"You guys should know how much I love ________. I can't break her heart again, I just can't.", and a tear slip down Dongwoo's cheek.

It was the first time the members have ever seen Dongwoo cry. Well, apart from them winning #1 on music program, it's the first.

They didn't know what to do, but only to comfort him with words like, "Everything's gonna be fine." or "I'm sure ________ will understand if you tell her truth." 

It was soon dinner time and Infinite actually went out to eat at a restaurant nearby, but Dongwoo said he didn't have the appetite to.

So they just left him alone at the dorm, which was also a good time to think about what was going to happen between the two of you.

He sat in the living room, took out his phone and called you.

 

"Hello?"

"Babe? Are you busy right now?"

"Uhm, not really. Why?"

"I've got something to tell you, can we meet at the park?"

"Sure. In 5 minutes? I've got something to tell you too."

"Okay, see you."

Dongwoo sighed again as he left the house with a heavy heart.

 

 

You went out your house with a smile on your face because you were going to tell him that you got accepted into the college you wanted to go.

But on the other hand, you were afraid of how he would accept it because you're leaving for Paris.

It was way past late night, there wasn't really anyone in the park.

The lights were dim as they shine over the pond.

And you see Dongwoo sitting by one of the benches kicking the stones.

*He looks just like a little kid.*, you shook your head as he walked towards him.

"Hi, kiddo. Where's your mummy? Are you lost?", you joked as you sat next to him.

"Wha- HEY WHO'S THE KID HERE. I'm older than you."

"Oh really. Then why did I saw a kid sitting here kicking stones."

He was about to answer but he stopped before becoming all serious.

"__________?"

"Hmm?", you answered as you looked at the pond.

"Do you love me?"

"Of course I love you. Why?", you turned to him and a sad expression appeared on his face.

"What's wrong?"

"Is our love strong enough to get us through this time?"

"What are you talking about, Dongwoo?"

"Someone sent photos of us to our dorm this morning and manager hyung was furious. He asked me to do something about it or else he will."

You sense that something was wrong, your voice was shaking, "And?"

"I guess we have to break up, again.", the words was finally out of his mouth.

"What. Dongwoo, do you know how hard it was for us to get back with each other again?"

"I know. I ing know. But I have to do something before hyung sends you to Antarctica or something!"

"But what about us? Don't you want out relationship to work? We can think of something!", you held his hand but he shook it off.

"You don't understand! The media is capable of doing anything! People would start hurting you if the news spreads!"

"What happened to ' I don't care about what others think of us.'huh, Dongwoo? Weren't you the one who said it?"

"I did. And I'm sorry-"

"You're sorry? What the . Oh wait, so now you come all the way here to tell me you're breaking up with me and then telling me you're sorry? Wow."

"I don't want this, okay! It's against my own will. I don't want you to get hurt, _________! Please understand.", he hugged you but you pushed him away.

"Don't. Touch. Me.", you tried to calm down before you speak up again.

"I got accepted into the college for fashion design."

"That's great, your dream-", you cut his words.

"I'm going to Paris."

"P-Paris?! Why are you going to Paris when you can study it here in Seoul?!"

"Oh now you care?"

"Of course I care. Why the you think I wouldn't care, ________! I love you."

"Because you're not thinking enough to be able to save our relationship, Dongwoo. You're just like throwing it into the big sea and giving it up."

This time, Dongwoo was speechless.

"Nothing to say, huh? Thought so.", you stood up and look at him.

"Now you can go back to tell your Manager that we're over and there's nothing for him to worry about."

Just as you were about to walk away, he hugged you from the back.

"Please, _________. Don't leave. Don't leave Seoul. Don't leave me."

Your eyes were teary and you could feel that you're going to bawl when you hear his voice and felt his touch.

"Dongwoo, let me go."

"I'm not letting you go. Once you go, you're not coming back anymore.", his grip got tighter.

You brain was telling you to leave him but your heart wants to stay.

Dongwoo has been with you for such a long time that you just couldn't bear to leave him like that.

But you had to do something that would make him give up on you completely, for his future.

You breathed in hard and turned to him, "Would you stop being a child for once?"

"Me? A child? I'm trying to save a relationship here!"

"After all the bull you said and you try to save a relationship. Oh, bravo, way to go.", you pretended to clap your hands.

"Maybe after 2 years. If we meet after 2 years, and when you stop acting like a child, we'll see if this relationship can be saved."

You walked away with fast pace hoping he wouldn't catch up.

Before you went far, you could hear him shout, "I'll save our relationship no matter what. I love you!"

 

You stood infront of your house and then sat at the steps.

You buried your head in your arms and cried.

"I love you too, Dongwoo. But if this is good for us both, it has to end somehow."

And for a long time, you sat outside your house, letting out all the tears that you should have let out long ago.

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A SUPER LONG UPDATE FOR YOU GUYS.

Because I didn't update as much as I told you guys I would :/

This is one of like the heart breaking chapter of this story, sobs.

I almost teared while re-reading it :(

Hope you guys enjoyed it, alright?

 

Comments are much appreciated, keke

 

OH!!!! And I met Block B today! I actually went to the airport to fetch them, HAHA.

Here's the fancam :>  

 

Credits to the image's owner!