Identity -- Jaehwan

Hidden Powers Academy

"Come here, boy."
The golden lab backs away from the small five-year-old, whimpering loudly.
"Jungkook, stay away from stray dogs," his mother commands, walking to them.
"But he's so cute, mommy," he coos, reaching out.
"Jungkook," his mother scolds, grabbing his arm.
"Can't we keep him?" Jungkook asks, looking up at his mother.
"Your father is allergic," his mother explains, slightly tugging him along.
"What's that mean?" Jungkook asks, walking along, giving his attention to his mother.
"It means that someone can't be around something because it makes them sick," she explains, as they walk out of the lab's earshot. The dog walks out slowly, and a man walks to him. It whimpers again, backing away slowly.
"You can shift back to human," he states. The dog looks up, shaking its head. "You can't control it, can you?" The lab lays down, and covers its eyes. "I'll take that as a no." The man kneels beside him, and holds a letter out. The dog looks up, and stands quickly. It walks over to a small bag, pawing at it.
"Is this your stuff?" He asks, and the dog barks in reply. The man opens the bag slowly, gently placing the letter inside. He glances at the small set of clothing. He pulls out the wallet, and the dog growls deeply. He opens it, staring at the identification. "We'd love to have you, Jaehwan." He sets it back inside, before walking away. Jaehwan barks at him, as he turns the corner. He runs after him, only to find him gone without a trace. He walks back to his back, and curls around it. He sleeps in the open alleyway.

Jaehwan opens his eyes, to having his fingers and toes back. He holds his bag close, as he dresses in the only set of clothing he has on him. He swings his bag over his shoulder, attempting to fix his golden hair. He walks out of the alley, digging into his bag. His hands find the letter, and he pulls it out.
"That really happened," he whispers, looking at the blank front. He flips it over, and gazes at the seal. Jaehwan rubs his thumb over it, before pushing his thumb under it to open it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: This is kind of short. I could have been better if I knew how... Oh well. (-<) <3 ^_^