Identity -- Taekwoon

Hidden Powers Academy

"What's your name?"
"Taekwoon Jung."
"How old are you?"
"I never answered that first question out loud."
"You're projecting your thoughts quite loudly."

The longhaired male looks up, and into the old man's eyes.
"Pro-Projecting?" Taekwoon stutters, his black hair falling into his face.
"Telepaths are quite common," the man states, smiling brightly. Taekwoon looks into the mans eyes.
"I'm a telepath?" Taekwoon asks mentally.
"So am I. I'm the headmaster at a school for others. We'll teach you how to control it," the headmaster replies.
"Con-Control?" Taekwoon stutters, flinching at his own voice. The man nods, and reaches into his pocket.
"I would assume you don't always want the voices in your head," the headmaster states, pulling out a small letter. It is whipped from his hands, and lands in Taekwoon's lap.
"I-I didn't d-do that," Taekwoon whispers, staring at it. The headmaster laughs lightly at the statement.
"Yes, you did. Telekinetic as well. Those two often go hand in hand," he explains. He stands, and Taekwoon's eyes flicker down to the envelope. "Think about coming."
Taekwoon looks back up, to find him gone. He exhales, and pulls his hair back into a ponytail. He walks into his house, and up to his room.
"Taekwoon!" His mother yells from down the hall. He exhales, and drops his bag and the letter inside his room. He walks farther down the hall, and pauses in front of the door.
"May I come in mother?"
"Yes, Taekwoon."
He enters the room, as his mother smothers out her cigarette.
"Your father called," she states, bluntly. Taekwoon stills, but nods.
"What does he want now?" He asks, sitting beside her on her bed.
"He's fighting for custody of you. Maybe he should take you," she states, sitting up.
"He left us. He left you. He has no right to take me," Taekwoon explains, rising back to his feet.
"He's coming to get you now," she says. Taekwoon walks out of her room, and back into his own. He falls onto his bed. He bites his lip, and screams into them. He pulls his legs up, and small tears swell in his eyes. He rolls to his side, watching his belongings slowly float into the air. He laughs weakly.
A faint knock is heard at the front door, and Taekwoon's items fall with a clang. His mother walks out of his room, and Taekwoon starts to cry slightly.
"He needs a better place to live. I hope he knows I love him."
"One year, and I'll throw him back out on the street like his mother."

Taekwoon looks to the door, and stands. He steps out quietly, and watches his parents talk.
"Just bring him down here," his father snaps. Taekwoon curls his hands into fists, watching the man he hates.
"He doesn't want to go with you, just so you know," his mother states, looking up at Taekwoon's well dress father.
"I don't care. He'll look nice for my next campaign," his father explains, smirking evilly.
"You are a bastard," his mother spits. His father laughs, and slaps her.
"You're a ," he counters. Taekwoon snaps, and runs out. He grabs his father, and shoves him against a wall.
"Get out," growls Taekwoon, glaring at him. His father laughs.
"Or what?" He counters, tilting his head. Taekwoon shoves harder, the ends of his hair slowly rising up.
"I'll kill you," Taekwoon threatens, as small items in the room rattle.
"Taekwoon," his mother whispers, watching the objects.
"Fine, I'll go, but I'll be back in two weeks with a court order for you," his father states, pushing his son off him. His father smoothes his suit and leaves. Taekwoon calms down, the items stop moving.
"Two weeks," his mother breathes, looking up at him.
"Mom, I got a letter today. I haven't read it, but it's for a school. I think I should go," Taekwoon states, looking to her.
"Yeah, you probably should," she whispers. "It'll take you away from him."
Taekwoon takes a step forward, and pulls his mother into his arms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: New chapter! Oh, also I have a friend helping me out with stuff, and she'll probably edit somethings. Be nice to her~! (-<) <3 ^_^