Labour

Almost Gone

Kyuhyun helped Sungmin into the car and they reached the nearest hospital in 15min. Sungmin was warded in a private suite and is groaning and holding on to Kyuhyun's hand tightly as the doctor examined her. "Doctor, how is she?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly as he wiped Sungmin's forehead with a damp cloth. "Sungmin ssi is doing well, she is already 9cm dilated. She should be able to start pushing within the next 2 to 3 hours. Meanwhile, Kyuhyun ssi, do give your wife the support she needs and help her get more rest before the hard work starts later." 

After the doctor left, Sungmin said weakly, "Kyu, why don't you go and take a nap on the couch over there? The doctor said I still have 2 to 3 hours to go..." "Don't be silly Minnie, I'm staying here with you. I'm not going to let you do this alone." The couple smiled at each other, but the brief moment of peace is interrupted by a contraction again. "Urggghhh..." Sungmin closed her eyes and her head backwards in agony. "Is it starting again?" Kyuhyun asked. Sungmin could not speak at all, she could only nod while whimpering in pain. "Baby remember the breathing exercise? In and out, in and out, come on baby, follow me. In and out, in and out~" Sungmin followed Kyuhyun's coaching as she grabbed on tightly to his hand. "You are doing so great, Minnie. That's right, in and out~" Kyuhyun smiled encouragingly as he supported Sungmin's shoulders. After the contraction has passed, Kyuhyun Sungmin's belly gently and said, "Kyumin ah, please be good and not give your Umma such a hard time, please..." Sungmin managed to smile weakly. "Kyuhyun ah... I'm tired... I don't know if I will still have any energy left to bring Kyumin into this world in 2 hours time... I don't think I can do this..." Sungmin started sobbing. She was exhausted physically and mentally, and she just wanted this to end now. Kyuhyun's heart died as he sees his wife sobbing uncontrollably. He helped her up gently so that she is sitting on the bed and hugged her with tears b in his eyes, "Baby I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry I can't take any of this pain away from you... I wished it was me who has to go through this, i really do." He then cupped Sungmin's face in his hands, wipping away her tears, "Listen to me baby, you have to be strong alright? For Kyumin and for me. You have always been the strongest person I know, and you will be able to do this. In a few more hours, we will have little Kyumin in our arms like we have always dreamt of." Sungmin sniffed and gave a small nod, she was thankful that Kyuhyun is a pillar of strength and support in an agonizing time like this. "Kyu there's another one coming..." Sungmin suddenly said before scrunching up her face as a contraction hit her. "Minnie just let it out, let it all out, don't hold it back." Kyuhyun encourages Sungmin as he rubbed her back. Sungmin let out a long moan, "Uuuhhhhhhh... aaarrrgghh!" "That's right, that's right, you are doing great. You are awesome Minnie!" Kyuhyun encouraged Sungmin in the most uplifting voice he can managed, even though his heart is breaking into a million pieces everytime Sungmin cries in pain. After what seems like the longest and hardest contraction ever, Sungmin slumped into Kyuhyun's chest and whispered, "Kyu... call the doctor... I feel like I need to push."

---

"Alright Sungmin ssi, you are 10cm dilated. Are you ready to bring your child into the world?" The doctor smiled. Sungmin is too tired and in pain to answer him. Kyuhyun wrapped one arm around Sungmin's shoulders and took her hand in his other hand. "Sungmin ah, you can do this. I know you can." "Alright, on the next contraction, I want you to give a long hard push alright?" The doctor said. "It's coming...Aarrrgggghhhhh!" Sungmin felt an excruciating pain in her stomach and leaned over as she pushed as hard as she could, which intensified the pain even more. "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!" Kyuhyun counted for Sungmin as she beared down. At the count of 10, Sungmin slammed down back onto the bed, completely drained and wasted. "You are doing so well Sungmin ah! You are amazing." Kyuhyun rained kisses on Sungmin who is breathing hard with her eyes closed. "Another one... Uuuurrrrrggghhh Kyuuuuuuuu!!" Sungmin sat up to push again. This process repeated itself for the next 5 hours, with Sungmin pushing hard and Kyuhyun supporting and encouraging her all the while.

[24 hours into labour]

"Doctor I can't do this anymore..." Sungmin whimpered as tears flow down her cheeks. "Minnie please don't give up now..." Kyuhyun pushed Sungmin's fringe back as he said gently. "I can't Kyu... I want to go home..." "Sungmin ssi, I know you are tired, but the baby is crowning. You have to push him out now.", the doctor said. Kyuhyun looked up in surprise and went to the front. True enough, he could see a bit of the baby's head peaking out. "S..Sungmin ah... I can his head, I can see his head!" Kyuhyun rushed back to Sungmin's side and took her hands. "Baby, Kyumin is trying to come out, he can't wait to see his Umma and Appa anymore. Please Sungmin, Kyumin needs you now. Please don't give up!" Sungmin stirred and sat up with Kyuhyun's help. She is going to bring their child into this world, she has to. Seeing that she is ready to push again, the doctor said, "Alright Sungmin ssi, on the count of 3, give me your strongest push alright? 1, 2, 3!". "Arrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!" "That's my minnie! You are doing well baby!" "Uuuurrrggghh!" "Push!" "Kyuuuuuuuuuuu arrrhhhgg!" 

"Ok head is coming! Stop pushing!" "What?!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. "I need to push, I need to push..." Now that the baby's head is coming out, Sungmin felt a sudden strong urge to push the rest of the baby's body out. "Wait no pushing Sungmin ssi. I need you to pant so that we can ease the baby head out slowly." Kyuhyun turned to Sungmin and cup her face in his hands. "Sungmin, Sungmin look at me. Listen to me, don't push, pant with me like this." Kyuhyun coached Sungmin with her panting. Finally the doctor said, "Alright that's good, that's good and... ok head is out." Kyuhyun smiled widely as he plant a kiss on a tired Sungmin's forehead. "Ok a few more pushes and the baby will be here ok? Ready? Now push!" Sungmin leaned forward and pushed with all her remaining strength. She felt like she was burning inside, and the preassure building up inside her as the baby passed through the birth canal was intolerable. "Aarrggggghhh~" "Baby one more push, just one more push!" "Uuuugggghhhh~" "Shoulders' out! Sungmin ssi, one more big push!" "Kyyyyuuuu...." Sungmin grimaced as she gave her last silent push with Kyuhyun supporting her shoulders. 

"You have a baby boy!" 

Sungmin slumped down onto the bed crying uncontrollable as a baby's cry rang though the delivery suite. She's is crying in exhaustion and in relief that she managed to bring Kyuhyun and her little miracle safely into this world. Kyuhyun carried their new son, Kyumin, in his arms and rained kissed on Sungmin's forehead and cheeks as tears flowed down his face, "Thank you... Thank you for bringing such a beautiful child into this world... Thank you for going through all that for me and our child... Thank you for being so brave... Thank you for loving me so much Minnie ah..." By now Kyuhyun is sobbing as well. He is just too overwhelmed by what happened in the last 24hours. "I love you Kyu..." Sungmin managed to whisper between sobs.

Suddenly, without warning, Sungmin felt another sharp pain shot through her stomach. She groaned and rubbed her stomach instinctively. Kyuhyun looked up confused by what is happening.

 

"Kyuhyun ssi, Sungmin ssi, there's another one coming."