Shock

Almost Gone

"WHAT!?" Kyuhyun almost fell off his chair. Sungmin was too shocked to say anything, she could only stare at the doctor in disbelief. The doctor continued, "Apparently you are expecting twins, and the other baby was blocked during the ultrasound." "No no I can't do this, I can't do this... " Sungmin was panicking, she was not ready to deliver another baby after being through hell for the last 24 hours. Kyuhyun quickly came to his senses and passed Kyumin to the nurse and rushed back to Sungmin's side to support her, "Baby I know you are tired, but let's do this again to bring Kyumin's brother or sister into this world alright?" "Alright on the count of 3. 1, 2, 3, push!" "I can't... I'm too tired to push..." Sungmin whispered lifelessly. Kyuhyun is getting worried, Sungmin really looks like she does not have an ounce of stamina left in her, if she doesn't push, what will happen to the baby? "Sungmin ah... please... please don't give up..." Kyuhyun took Sungmin's hands and pleaded. "Kyuhyun ssi, why don't you sit on the bed behind Sungmin ssi so that she can't lean back on you? Maybe this can make her more comfortable and give her more strength to continue.", the doctor suggested. Kyuhyun immediately nodded and climbed onto the bed, sitting behind Sungmin. He rested his head on Sungmin's shoulder and placed both hands on her stomach, gently holding it. "Sungmin... Sungmin I'm here, I'm right behind you. You are not alone, let's do this together shall we?" Kyuhyun said encouragingly into Sungmin's ear.

Feeling Kyuhyun behind her gave Sungmin the strength she needed. Suddenly, the contraction started again and she grabbed Kyuhyun' s hands behind her and pushed hard. "You're doing great Sungmin ssi! One more time, push!" "Rrrrrrhhhhhhh~" Sungmin moaned as she pushed again. Kyuhyun kept whispering encouraging words into Sungmin's ear as she pushed. Suddenly, the doctor said in a tense voice, "Wait! Stop pushing!" "What's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. Sungmin is still grabbing onto Kyuhun and breathing hard, trying not to push.

"The baby is breeched.""What does that mean?" Sungmin asked anxiously. The doctor looked up at both parents and said, "It means that the baby is not in the correct position and will have to be born feet first. If you don't give birth to the baby within the next half and hour or so, both the mother and the baby may be in danger." Kyuhyun felt his head spin and his world crashing down on him. This can't be happening. Not to his baby, not to his Minnie. Before he could respond, he heard Minnie's exhuasted but determined voice, "Doctor, whatever happens, please save the baby first. Don't care about me." Kyuhyun looks at Sungmin in disbelief. "Sungmin! What nonsense are you talking about! Huh!" He quickly turned to the doctor, "I want you to save my wife no matter what happens, nothing must happen to her." "Kyuhyun ah, how can you say that? You are a father..." Sungmin looked at me and said weakly. "Sungmin ah, how can you ask the doctor to save the baby instead of you? You are my wife, the person I love the most in this world, you know I... I can't live without... you..." Kyuhyun is struggling to keep his sobs in. Sungmin's heart broke seeing Kyuhyun like this. She wanted to console him but a contraction hit her again, making her groan instead. "Alright there is no time for this discussion. The priority now is to get this baby out as quick as possible. Sungmin ssi, give me your hardest push, push!" "Arrrrrggggghhhhhhh!" Seeing Sungmin in so much pain, Kyuhyun quickly wiped his tears and took Sungmin's hands, offering her support. "Push Baby push!" "Uuurrrrrggggghhhh~" "The legs are out. Sungmin ssi, it will be more painful to push the shoulders out. Please bear with it. Now push!" "Arrrrgggghhhh Kyuuuuuuu!" "Baby I'm here I'm here!" "Urrrrrgggghhh!!!" "Alright shoulders are out! One more push and you will have your baby! Now push!" "Kyyyuuuuuu uuuurrrrggghhhhh...." Sungmin let out a long agonising moan before slumping back into Kyuhyun's embrace. A baby's cry filled the room. "Congratulations! It's a girl!" The doctor announced with a wide smile.

Kyuhyun could not keep those tears back anymore. "Sungmin ah, did you see? We have a daughter now too. She's beautiful, just like you...S..Sungmin?" Kyuhun's heart sank deeper and deeper as he realised Sungmin is not responding to him. In fact, Sungmin is unconcious. He looked up in fear, and saw that the doctor's expression is not right. "Sungmin ssi, can you hear me? Sungmin ssi!" "Doctor, the patient is bleeding profusely! Her BP and heartrate is dropping!" "Sungmin...SUNGMIN!!" Kyuhyun has never tasted fear so clearly before in his entirely life, not even when he got into a serious car accident in the past. He kept trying to shake Sungmin awake but she does not respond at all. "Sungmin ah.. you are scaring me, you can't do this to me, you can't..." Suddenly, the heartrate monitor went flat. 

A deafening flat beep filled the silent room.

"No, no , nononononono!!!"