Brink of Death

Almost Gone

The nurses had to pull the hysterical Kyuhyun off Sungmin's bed so that the doctor can resuscitate Sungmin with CPR. Kyuhyun collapsed into a sobbing mess on the floor as he witnessed the doctor trying to revive Sungmin. Kyuhyun rushed to Sungmin's side and cried, "Sungmin! Wake up! Please don't leave me, please please please! I can't live without you, you can't do this to me, you can't...please... Kyumin and his sister needs you, I need you, please don't leave us like this..." Kyuhyun felt like someone stabbed his heart a million times. "Minnie please, I beg you..." After what seems like forever, suddenly there was a signal on the heartrate monitor again. The doctor heaved a sigh of relief while Kyuhyun sobbed like a baby next to Sungmin, "Thank...Thank you...Thank you Minnie..."

---

Sungmin has been transferred to the ICU and has been in a coma for the last 15 hours. Kyuhyun have not caught a wink at all. He kept gazing at Sungmin with bloodshot eyes, holding her hands to his face, whispering, "Minnie, please wake up, please..." Kyuhyun kept having flashbacks of all the happy times they have spent together, the heartaches they shared, how Sungmin walk him through his darkest period after the car accident, the day when he proposed to Sungmin in front of thousands of fans during Super Show 6, the day when Sungmin announced her pregnancy to him, and soon he became a sobbing mess again. He buried his head on Sungmin's bed and cried uncontrollably. He never once thought of the possibility of losing Sungmin in his life, and now the thought of never being able to hear Sungmin call his name, link hands with him, hug him, ruffle his hair, nag at him, and raise their two children together again scares him so much. It felt like he can't even breathe without Sungmin, let alone live in a world without Lee Sungmin.

Suddenly, Kyuhyun felt something in his hair. He froze and realised someone is his head. He looked up slowly and stared wide-eye at Sungmin who is smiling weakly at him with a tired expression. "Am I dreaming?" Kyuhyun asked as he reached out to touch Sungmin's face. "Kyu..." Sungmin said weakly. Kyuhyun burst into tears and hugged Sungmin tightly. "Sungmin ah...Sungmin... Do you know how scared I am that you will leave me? Please don't scare me again like this...I can't...I...I..." Kyuhyun choked on his words as he sobbed. Sungmin wiped Kyuhyun's tears-streaked face with his hand, "I'm sorry Kyu... I won't leave you again, I promise..." Sungmin's voice trembled as he seldom sees Kyuhyun so vulnerable in front of him. Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin deeply on the lips before embracing his wife for a long long time.  

---

Later that night, Kyuhyun is sitting next to Sungmin's bed carrying Kyumin in his arm while Sungmin is carrying Minhyun in her arms. "Minhyun ah... sorry that Umma didn't get to see you when you first arrived. Isn't she beautiful?" Sungmin smiled at the baby girl in her arms. "As beautiful as her Umma." Kyuhyun kissed Sungmin's forehead. "Sungmin ah, after what you have been through in the last 2 days, I don't think I want any more kids in the future. I can't let you suffer the same way again" Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin with a pained expression. Sungmin squeezed Kyuhyun's hand, "Kyu... Thank you for being my pillar of strength and support when I needed you most. I wouldn't be to bring these two angels into the world if it weren't for you." 

Gazing at their two children, Sungmin said gently, "Kyumin and Minhyun ah, thank you for letting Umma knows how much your Appa loves her." Kyuhyun smiled at Sungmin and pulled her into his arms, "and for letting Appa knows how much your Umma loves him." Sungmin looked at Kyuhyun and they shared a long kiss, grateful for each other and  the new chapter of their life together that is awaiting them.

---END---

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdmBh1ABaSE

 

"Isn't She Lovely" 
 

Isn't she lovely
Isn't she wonderful
Isn't she precious
Less than one minute old
I never thought through love we'd be
Making one as lovely as she
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she pretty
Truly the angel's best
Boy, I'm so happy
We have been heaven blessed
I can't believe what God has done
Through us he's given life to one
But isn't she lovely made from love

Isn't she lovely
Life and love are the same
Life is Aisha
The meaning of her name
Londie, it could have not been done
Without you who conceived the one
That's so very lovely made from love