It's Starting

Almost Gone

It is 6.30am in the morning. Kyuhyun stirred from his sleep. Subconciously, he stretched out an arm to pull his lovely Minnie into his embrace for some morning cuddles, but his arm fell straight onto an empty spot on the bed instead. He opened his eyes, sat up and stretched lazily while glancing over at the bedside alarm clock. Where is Minnie? As Sungmin advanced in her pregnancy, she gets tired more easily and tend to sleep in way more than Kyuhyun these days, waking up at around 10am to 11am everyday. Ding! That's the sound of the toaster coming from the kitchen. Kyuhyun realises that the smell of fresh warm toast is floating into the bedroom. With a sleepy grin plastered across his face, he got up and walked out of the bedroom towards the kitchen.

---

Sungmin was standing over the kitchen counter trying to open a bottle of jam when she felt a sharp pain bolt through her belly. She shut her eyes and instinctly grabbed the edge of the kitchen counter to support herself. This is the 3rd one since last night, Sungmin thought to herself. She opened her eyes and breathe deeply, her swollen 9-months belly gently. Kyumin ah, I know you can't wait to see Umma and Appa, but please be patient for a little longer alright? Today is an important day for your Appa, so Kyumin has to be a good boy and not distract Appa from his work ok?

---

"Minnie ah, are you alright?" Sungmin's inner conversation with Kyumin is abruptly interrupted by Kyuhyun's worried voice and a pair of hands wrapped around her belly. She took Kyuhyun's hands and turned around, "Baby, did I wake you up? Sorry I thought I could wake you up once the toasts are ready so that you could sleep in a little longer.". "Well, the heavenly smell of the toasts you are making is definitely more effective than any alarm clock in this wolrd," Kyuhyun grinned before continuing in a serious tone, "but seriously, are you alright? I saw you grabbing the kitchen counter just now. Are you feeling pain anywhere? You have to tell me you know." A crease formed over Kyuhyun's eyebrows as he stared at Sungmin with those worried puppy eyes. "I'm ok Kyu, don't worry. It's just that Kyumin is being active today and he just kicked me a while ago here." Sungmin took Kyuhun's hand and placed it over her belly, "Naughty boy, just like his Appa.". "Kyumin ah, please don't give your Umma a hard time ok? You have to love Umma as much as Appa loves her, arachi?", Kyuhyun Sungmin's belly as he bent down to speak to their son. "Sungmin ah, you shouldn't have woke up so early today just to make me breakfast. I know you can't stand for long without having backache and muscle cramp nowadays, are you tired now? I'll take over from here, you go and sit down now." Kyuhyun gently pulled Sungmin to the dining table before she could protest. "Baby, I'm fine! Since when did the evil maknae become such a worrywart? Plus the doctor said I should walked around more, it'll help when I go into labour." Kyuhyun walked over from the kitchen counter with a plate of toast in one hand and a bottle of jam in the other, set them down on the table and squat down, gazing lovingly into Sungmin's eyes. "Since when do I not worry about you Lee Sungmin?" He then placed a hand on Sungmin's belly, "especially now that Kyumin is due to arrive anytime now. Aish! I can't believe we are having our comeback right when you are in your 9th month. If not, I would have taken a month's leave to take care of you." Sungmin cupped Kyuhyun's face in her hands, "I'll take care of myself and the baby, Kyu. And it's not like you are staying at the dorm. You are staying here with me in our apartment, and you have been an amazing husband and father-to-be during the past months, massaging my legs when they cramped up at night, driving out to buy me the food I'm craving for at odd hours, and supporting me through those crazy bouts of morning sickness. I love you baby." Sungmin leaned forward to kiss Kyuhyun on the lips. "I love you too bunny" Kyuhyun replied with a satisfied smile.

After Kyuhyun and Sungmin had breakfast together, Kyuhyun went to change and it was time for him to go to SM. "Bye Minnie, call me immediately if anything happens ok?" Kyuhyun pecked Sungmin on the forehead. "Arraseo. Hwaiting Kyuhyunnie! I'll be cheering for you guys during the live telecast later on." Sungmin gave Kyuhyun a wide cheery grin. Once Kyuhun left and Sungmin closed the door behind him, a pained expression formed on her face as she leaned against the door. The 4th contraction, and it seems even stronger than the last one. Throughout the morning and afternoon, Sungmin experienced contractions that are stronger and closer to one another as time passed. "I can't call Kyuhyun now, he would be so distracted and would not be able to perform. I can't let this get into the way of their comeback. Kyumin ah, we can do this, we can do this, let's wait for Appa a little longer ok?" Sungmin thought to herself repeatedly as she grimaced in pain. By the time Music Bank started at 4pm, Sungmin is kneeling on the couch, rocking herself from side-to-side, trying to ease the sharp throbbing pain in her stomach that is coming every 15 minutes. Beads of perspiration streaked down her face as she tried to steady her breathing to work through each contraction. "Kyu..." Sungmin whimpered subconciously with her eyes shut tight.

Finally, after what seems like eternity, Super Junior performed their comeback stage and even took back the champion title at the end of the show. Sungmin couldn't take the pain any longer. Just as she picked up her handphone to call Kyuhyun, her phone rang. It was Kyuhyun. "Yeoboseyo? Sungmin ah, did you catch our performance? We won 1st place!" Kyuhyun exclaimed excitedly over the phone, he obviously wanted to share his joy first-hand with Sungmin. "Yes I saw it... You guys did a... great job. I'm really happ..y.." Sungmin bit her lips to prevent herself from groaning as she didn't want to alarm Kyuhyun. "Minnie? What's wrong? You don't sound alright." Kyuhyun turned serious. "I'm ok... Kyu, can you come home now?" "Sungmin ah, I'm coming home now, i'm walking to the car already *He is running actually* But what's wrong? Tell me. You sound like you are in pain. Sungmin ah, don't hide anything from me. You are scaring me." "I'm... I'm in a bit of pain..." "OMO the contractions started already? Sungmin ah, don't be scared! I'm coming home to get you!" "Kyu!" "Yes yes Minnie?" "Don't speed... drive safely..." "Aish! Why are you still thinking of such unimportant things at this moment!" "Urgh!" All of a sudden, another contraction hit Sungmin and she couldn't stop herself from letting out a cry in time. "Minnie!!!" Sungmin could tell from Kyuhyun's voice that he is freaking out on the other side of the line. She wanted to say something to reassure Kyuhyun but the pain is too much for her to continue. She hung up the phone so that Kyuhyun will not hear her cry anymore.

---

15 minutes later, Kyuhyun burst through the doors of his apartment looking like a madman. His heart almost stopped when he saw Sungmin sitting on the floor, grabbing the edge of the couch with a pain expression on her face. "Minnie!"  Kyuhyun rushed forward to Sungmin at once and supported her in his arms. He could see beads of perspiration forming on Sungmin's forehead as she forced a weak smile Kyuhyun, "Kyu... You're back..." "Sungmin ah, you call this abit of pain? When did this started? Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" Kyuhyun's voice trembled. "Actually... It started at 2am last night... I... I... didn't want to wake you because... because you have your comeback stage today..." Sungmin said weakly. "LAST NIGHT? Sungmin what are you thinking! How can you even think whatever comeback is more important than your safety! What if something happen to you and kyumin? What am I supposed to do?" Kyuhyun only realise that he raised his voice at Sungmin after those words escaped his mouth. He wasn't really angry at Sungmin, he was more worried and afraid of losing Sungmin than anything else, and he felt helpless and frustrated at the thought of Sungmin suffering alone in pain for the past 15 hours. "I'm... I'm sorry Kyu...Ahh!" Sungmin's felt guilty all of a sudden, was she endangering their baby without realising it? Just then, another contraction jolted through her belly and she crumbled in pain in Kyuhyun's embrace. "Sungmin ah!" Kyuhyun felt guilty seeing Sungmin bitting her lips, whincing in pain silently in his embrace. He knew that she was surpressing the urge of cry out loud so as to not make him even more flustered and afraid than he already is. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to shout at you. I'm so sorry, I just... It just pained me so much to see you hurting like this...Otteokke..." Tears flowed down Kyuhyun's cheeks as he hugged Sungmin. 

"Kyu..." Sungmin is breathing heavily in Kyuhyun's chest. "I think my water broke."