He's back

Endtapes

The next day was better.....and worser.

It was better because it didn't rain, and easier because I knew what would happen at school today.

Chen sat next to me in english and followed me around and Hanbyul watched us with a hostile glance. And that was actually flattering.

During lunch I sat with a big group of people, among them Hanbyul, Chen, Boram, Chorong and some others.

 

It was worser, because I was really tired. I couldn't sleep that night, probably because of the new environment. 

It was worser because I got picked to solve an exersice, unreported of course, and the answer was wrong too.

It got even worser in p.e as we played basketball and I, as I finally got the ball, threw it at on of my team members.

But what made the day worser was the fact that Park Chanyeol didn't appear in korean like he was meant to.

 

The night I couldn't sleep I actually really thought about how I could start to talk to him during class and now he didn't even appear.

When I stepped into the cafeteria together with Chorong, my eyes scanned the entire room and as I spotted the table where his other friends sat, he wasn't there.

Chen caught us up and brought us to his table and Chorong seemed to really like his attention.

I didn't really listen to their conversation, I was nervous.

He didn't come and I got even more nervous.

He stayed away the entire lunch break and that was the moment that actually gave me the strength to go brave to the next class aka korean.

 

Chen followed me again until we reached the room. I hold my breath. No sight of him. I refliefed and walked with a smile to my now free table.

Chen stayed next to my table until the bell rang, when he had to leav and walk to his table, where he sat down next to a girl with an unpleased look.

I was glad that Park Chanyeol thougth about stayin away from school. Well...that's what I told myself. I just wanted to get the pictures out of my head from yesterday, when he and Kai went to the secretaire and asked to exchange korean classes and that simply gave me the thought that I might be the reason for his absence.

 

As the day was finally over, I was really happy to get home and do absolutely nothing.

On my way home I stopped by a small store to get some ingredients, because yesterday I noticed that my dad was barely at home and so he had only the most important stuff at home such as cry oats but not even one apple.

So I spent some money which was actually meant for clothes and bought some korean ingredients which looked delicious.

 

As I arrived at home the house was complety epmty 

I grabbed some snacks I found in the fridge and went to my room where I threw myself on my new bed.

I scrolled through my phone and noticed at least 4 missed calls from my mom, as well as a messange from her.

'Robin if you don't call until tomorrow I will buy the next plane ticket and travel all the way up to you"

I still had time to answer until tomorrow and that was my plan.

 

The rest of the week was uneventful. My schedule was a normal routine after that week and I knew every student by their faces. My basketball team member got used to my play style and whenever it was my turn to play, at least one of them jumped in front of me.

Park Chanyeol didn't come the entire week and that made me sad and glad to the same time.

I still wanted to talk to him and imagined several possiblesituations I could start and end a conversation.

I also got closer to the people who kind of introduced me to the school and class and my schedule and anything important I needed to know.

 

As I arrived at school on monday morning, about one week after I arrived in Joam of course,  was greeted from all sides. They accepted me as a new student. I didn't know all of them but I could already tell the faces to the school.

It was colder than the day before, but luckily it didn't rain.

In english Chen sat on his usual place right next to me.

We wrote a pop quiz about Obama's speach from 2008, but luckily it was really easy.

All in all I felt much more comfortable than I expected.

 

As english class finally ended and we stepped out of the building, it swirled white fluff through the air. Students screamed excited and the wind brushed my nose and cheeks.

"wow" Chen said "It's snowing"

"uh" Snow. I think that's the end of the good day.

"Don't you like snow?" he looked surprised.

"No. Snow means more coldness than before"

Chen laughed. In the next moment he was shot with a big, fluffy snow ball. We both turned around, to look,from where it came.

My hunch fell on the innocent looking Hanbyul, who whistled as he looked up to the sky.

"We'll see us later, okay?" I said and ran away. Once people start to throw white stuff around it's time for me to leave.

 

In red alert I headed together with Boram to the cafeteria. You'll never know if one of the snowballs might hit your face.

In front of the room waited Chen for us, whose brown hair was wet from all the snow.

As always I looked at the table in the corner. To my misbelieve were five people seated than the usual four.

Boram dragged on my sleeve.

"Hello, Robin? What do you want?"

I looked to the floor. I haven't done anything wrong. There was no reason to feel sick now.

"What's wrong with her" Chen asked.

"Nothing" I replied "I..I just take something to drink I think"

"Aren't you hungry?" Boram asked

"To be honest, I feel a bit sick"

 

I waited until they both got their tablets filled with food, then I followed them to our table.

Slowly I nibbled on my bottle, my stomach growling from hunger. Chen was overly worried and asked several times if I was okay and if I want to go to the school nurse.

Ridiculous! There was no reason to run away now!

I decided to take a second look on the table filled with the mysterious boys.

Something was different. They laughed and joked around. They never did. The entire week over.

I studied Chanyeol with big attention. He looked different. Happier I think.

"Robin, what's wrong" Boram dragged me out of my thoughts and followed my look.

In the same moment he looked over to our table and our looks met.

I lowered my head and stared on the water bottle in front of me.

"Park Chanyeol is watching you" Boram whispered with excitment.

"But he isn't looking .. angry of something?" I asked her silently.

"Uhm now...he looked excited and happy actually. But yeah why should he even?" my queston seemed to confuse her.

"I think he hates me." I told her.

"uhh nobody this table likes anyone - he still looks at you"

"Stop staring on him!" I hissed

Boram giggled.

 

I wasn't excited to walk with Chen to the korean class as usual.

Chen didn't stop nagging about the fact that it started to rain again and the disappearing layer of snow.

I reliefed as we arrived at the classroom and I found my table empty.

My teacher walked around and placed small lectures on each table.

There were some minutes leftover until the lesson would officially start and I decided to spent that time alone reranging my stuff in my bag.

I avoided looking at the door.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________