Do you even remember me?

Endtapes

My mother drove me to the airport. It was warm, about 30 degree, and above us a flawless blue, cloudless sky. Normal australian weather.

I was wearing my favorite blouse, a sleeveles one with a flower print. On my lap rested my new parka. 

My dad called us before to tell us that it's winter in korea. So I needed the parkas.

 

I used to live together with my family in Seoul, the capital of south korea, until I was two months and my mom couldn't handle to live with my dad anymore, so she chose to divorce and move back to Sydney to my aunt.

I haven't been in korea since that but since I'm pretty much a city kid, since I lived in Perth for a long time. My dad told me he moved to a small village. I hated his desicion.

Besides that, it's winter in korea right now and summer in australia, what pretty much means that I will freeze to death. I hate the cold. I hate the fact that I chose to move to my dad because of my mother.

"Robin" my mom said for the 1000th time today and in the past weeks "You don't have to go if you don't want to"

My lovely, unpredictable, crazy mom who was enjoying her life more than a 20-year's old rich teenage girl who loves to party everyday - how could I just leave her alone now?

Yeah she has Rick, who is a famous comedian and pretty much one of the rich kids, at least she could pay the bills, there will always be something in her fridge as well as patrol in her car. Well..I hope that. But still....

"But I want to" I asserted. I have always been a miserable liar, but this sentance was the only sentance I repeated at least once a day, that now it sounded convincing.

"Greet your father!" she said

"I will" I answered

"and your grandmother!"

"Ok" I answered and rolled my eyes as I placed my hands on her shoulders.

"Don't let it trouble on you" I told her.

She sighed

"Are you sure that you want to go?"

"Yes" I answered

"I will see you soon" my mom asserted "You can always come home - I'm here when you need me"

In her eyes I could see the sadness and the small happiness twinkle. She could finally travel around with Rick, but she would miss me.

"Don't worry mom" I said "Everything is going to be alright. I love you, mom."

She pulled me a into a tight group hug, then we went away, and she was gone

 

The flight from Perth to Seoul took me about 12 hours with a stop in Hongkong, where I had to wait one and a half hours for the next flight. I didn't mind the flights and the stop in Hongkong and the long waiting times,

but I was scared to meet my dad again. The thought of meeting him after 16 years for the first time in REAL life, and not just over skype once a month, scared me. And the cold of course.

 

Jason, who is if you don't know the real name if my dad, had a pretty good response to the entire thing I planned.

He seemed to be pretty excited at the fact that I was about to stay for a longer time and he already registered me on a pretty good high school.

The only problem I had, is that I don't know what I should talk with him. Should I introduce myself? Tell of my life? My education? Hobbies?

 

It rained once we landed in Incheon. Typical. I had already accepted the fact to see the sun for only a few months a year.

Jason picked us up with his car. A pretty small blue prius. 

 

"Nice to see you, Robs" he greeted me with smile and I responded with a grumpy face. I didn't like the fact that he just called me Robs.

"Robin" I said in a low tone

"What?"

"My name is Robin, not Robs"

"I'm sorry" he said and walked over to my suitcase and bag.

"You didn't change at all. How's your mother" he asked me

"Mom's fine." I answered.

And with that the conversation ended and Jason began to load my bags into the trunk of his small prius. I only had a few bags with me.

Before I left, my grandparents and my mother gave me a lot of money and I planned a huge shopping tour for the first week.

Everything fitted trouble-free into the trunk and we could finally leave.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________