Troubles with korean

Endtapes

With a lowered glance I went to the table and sat down besides him.

He didn't look up to me, not even when I placed my books on the empty black table, but in the corner of my eyes I noticed that he moved tiny centimeters away from me.

 

The korean class was about something I didn't understand and that made it really hard.

Sometimes I peeked over to him, just to check if he still sat there in his uncomfortable position.

After some time he finally changed his position. He rested his head on his right arm and stared out of the window.

The hour seemed to drag on longer than the others before.

I peeked again over my shoulder to him. His position was still the same. His eyes straight to the windows.

What if he fell asleep? 

I leaned a bit over my table to look out of the window as well, but besides the discusting weather i couldn't see anything special.

 

Another glance into his direction. This time he moved and I immedially set my eyes to the blackboard.

I have to admit from afar his specs looked a bit smaller but seeing him so close his specs seemed huge and covered almost his entire face.

He glared at me angrily.

I heard him whispering something in korean but I couldn't hear him clearly.

His low voice overplayed it.

 

The next moment happened way to fast. The bell rang. Chanyeol took his book and almost ran out of the classroom.

Perfect.

I sat dazed on my chair and watched him with a blank expression as he left.

Somehow I had the feeling that I was the reason why he left that quickly, but I tried to cover that thought with another one: maybe he had a meeting with the other beauties.

 

"Aren't you Robin Stephensen?" I heard someone asking me. I looked up and a small korean guys with huge specs like Chanyeol had, looked at me with a super bright smile, forcing his eyes to almost disappear.

"Robin. Just Robin" I corrected him. My name tag was a real problem.

"Hi, I'm Jongdae!" he cheered and took my hand to shake it.

"Hi, Jongdae"

"You can call me Chen. That doesn't take as much energy as Junmyeon does" he said and kept shaking my hand.

"We will have p.e next, I'm gonna walk you to the gym" he said. He seemed totally excited to share another class with me.

I didn't wanted to ask from where he actually knew that I will have p.e next, so I just followed him.

 

He was a real chatterbox, what made it easy for me. I didn't have to talk much.

I didn't really listened to him. My thoughts were still set on the boy who sat next to me during my korean classes.

Once I spotted him sitting on this table in the cafeteria he already caught my entire attention. Should I talk to him next time? But he seemed so pissed..

I suddenly remembered what Boram told me

'Nobody's good enough for him. Don't even try it'

Mentally I shaked my arms above my head to get her high pitched voice out of my head.

I can at least be friends with him.

 

"Are you still on this planet or already on your way to pluto?" he laughed and I winced.

"I don't know" I shrugged and we entered the gym.

I went to the coach for this semester and he gave a new garnish of sports clothes.

The good thing: he didn't wanted to let me play on the first day, so I had to sit on the bench as supportive lame audience as I watched the girls and boys as they played basketball.

I already calculated how many injuries I could get and also figured out which spots in the gym were the most dangerous when it comes to slipping.

I got a little bit sick at the thought of it.

 

The lesson finally ended with team b winning and I could finally leave this place.

I had to walk through the school building to get to the bus stops in front of the building. I also had to pass the secretaire.

And as I passed that I heard a conversation between the lady from the morning and 

Chanyeol.

The door was a small ankle opened and I peeked inside.

 

"Well sweetie, you guys can't exchange classes. Mr Park has to stay in korean I and Mr Kim in Korean II." the lady told him in a low nice tone.

Now I noticed someone standing besides Chanyeol.

It was Kai.

"But I really need to exchange with Chanyeol!"

Puh I already thougth Chanyeol wanted to exchanged because of me.

"Is there a reason for that?" the lady asked

"Yes" Chanyeol said and looked to his friend who leaned against the counter. Kai looked up to his tall mate, his finger pressed against his lips.

"..it's a girl" Kai answered as he turned his head back to the old lady.

 

"Well that's nice. But you guys know the dating rules. Besides that you're an ambitious and brave guy, can't you talk to her during the breaktimes?"

"No I can't I need to have the chance to talk to her about the korean class"

Because I was the only girl who really exchanged to this school and not another girl, I wodnered if they were talking about me.

The secretary shook her head.

"ok" Kai said "I understand. Thanks for understanment" he said and bowed. He and Chanyeol both turned around and I startled. It was time to run.

 

I walked behind a wall and leaned on it as I heard them leaving the room talking.

"I'm sorry dude" someone said "You have to handle that differently."

"Ah " The other boy said "Now i have to bear with that thing"

"Cheer up man"

"yeah Let's go I'm hungry"

The both walked past the wall I was leaning on but didn't noticed me. Luckily.

The left the building and it was time for me to do the same.

 

As I stepped out of the building into the cold rainy weather, I thought about what they could mean.

'The Thing' 

Why would they want to switch classes.

Maybe I was the reason?

Maybe I was that thing?

____________________________________________________________________________________________