2

Tired

"Hakyeon-ah!"

Sanghyuk appeared at my side, out of breath and red-faced, yet still smiling brightly. He must have been running since he left the school gates.

"Yah, it's Hakyeon hyung to you, hyung." I chuckled and ran my fingers through my neighbour's disheveled hair.

"You coming to dance practice tonight? We have to work on our piece for the showcase, it's only a month away." My face fell.

"I don't think I can make it tonight, Hyukkie-"

"Hyung! You haven't been to practice in weeks, and you're the soloist! You have to be there."

"Sorry, my family's just been really busy lately, I'll try to make it." I lied.

"Ok, call me if you can go, we can walk there together." And he smiles. Sanghyuk's smiles are cute, like a little puppy, momentarily making life seem like nothing could go wrong, as if the whole world was as pure and innocent as him.

A red truck pulled up next to us, stuffed full of rowdy freshmen, all laughing and yelling.

Sanghyuk turned to me, his face bright. "This is my ride, hyung, my class is going to karaoke. I'll see you later!" He hopped in the backseat and the truck drove away. even louder than before.

That pure and innocent world didn't exist.

~~~~~~~