1

Tired

It was raining.

I was laying on my bed, back to the door, staring out the window at the puddles quickly forming on the sidewalk. They put in new cement right out our front lane this morning, and I just watched as the flawlessly smooth substance became pockmarked and runny.

I could hear the phone ringing downstairs, the neighbour's dog barking, mom screaming that this was dad's fault, that he was the one who made this happen. 

I put on my headphones and tried to forget.

I must have fallen asleep at some point, because I was woken up by the sound of mom fervently knocking on my door, the sky outside now pitch black.

"Hakyeon! You better not be sleeping, Cha Hakyeon! You need to study!"

I'm sick of studying. I study through the night and it's still not enough. I can't remember the last time I slept in my bed, and not at my desk, dozing off in the midst of reading my textbook over and over again.

I put my headphones back on and tried to drown out the noise of her slamming on the door, yelling at me to open it, but it was locked. She should be held back from me for a while, at least until she gets the spare key from the attic.

I turned up the music and went to sleep.

~~~~~~~

first chapter is really short oops, i'll update again tomorrow.