4

Tired

My cousin is weird. 

Well, second cousin. We're barely related, and I can tell.

His name is Taekwoon and he's a quiet guy, and he doesn't like me at all. I've known him since I was little and our parents hoped we would get along well.

But Taekwoon really hates me for some reason. I can't see why, because I've always tried to be friends with him, because he is a cool guy, but I just don't get it.

Yet today of all days, he's here in my bedroom just staring at me, not his usual glare though, his expression is one of pity, and I can't help but feel confused.

Why would Taekwoon pity me? His dad just lost his job and if they don't pay the bills by next week, they'll be kicked out of their house. It should be me pitying him, not the other way around.

"What is it? Why are you looking at me like that?" He gazed down at the floor.

"Yah, Jung Leo, what's wrong?" Leo is the nickname I gave him when we were little. 

"Just-" He glanced back up at me and his eyes appered red-rimmed and puffy.

I was shocked, and more than that worried. "Taekwoon-ah, are you alright? What's wrong, why're you crying?" He just hung his head, and it was quiet for a while.

"I'm sorry, Hakyeon, for what's happening with you..." His voice shaky, no louder than his usual whisper.

"What are you talking about, Leo-yah, I'm fine." My voice felt weaker all of a sudden, and I sat down before my knees gave out.

"Don't- Just, don't lie to me." He uttered, before he stood up and pulled me into a tight hug.

I would normally push a hug away (I don't like being touched) but this was Taekwoon, and I was more comfortable with him than even my family.

"I just don't want you to get hurt." He whispered into my ear.

Maybe he doesn't hate me so much after all.