Significance

Under Unfortunate Circumstances

Chapter 5

 

“Come on redhead, we’re here.” Jiyong nudged me while I was caught up in my thoughts.

I hopped out the car and shielded my eyes from the sun with my hand, taking a good look at the condo. My jaw dropped, I stood there with my mouth hanging open in sheer awe. It was three stories, verandas on the first and second floor. The garden was beautiful; flowers bloomed everywhere, exploding with intense violet, red and orange colours. My nose was overpowered with scents of plants and freshly mown grass. A gardener working on some potted plants by the front door bowed at me, giving me a toothy smile. I bowed back, my face still full of awe.

Jiyong skipped over to me and scooped me up, his arm sweeping underneath my legs. I kicked him weakly but he just grinned and grazed my nose slightly with his teeth. I winced away, which provoked some chuckles from Jiyong as he kicked open the door and dropped me to my feet.

I brushed my jeans off and looked around the spacious hallway. Everything was so neat and… modern.

“The house isn’t the only thing that’s big,” Jiyong winked as he skipped off down the long corridor “Come on I’ll show you around!”

I sighed and rolled my eyes, about to follow him when he disappeared around a corner. I walked carefully to the corner he had turned round and poked my head around. I couldn’t see Jiyong anywhere. Oh no. This house was massive. What if I got lost?

My breathing became shallow as I scurried around, trying to find the stairs. I poked my head around a wall to find a large spiral staircase. Bingo. I hurried up them and walked each corridor, keeping an eye out for Jiyong. I hurried towards a huge bedroom. I mean HUGE. The carpet and walls were both white. The bedspread was a sea blue colour, as well as the curtains and rugs. Wow. I turned around and a massive flat screen TV was attached to the wall. I turn to the bed, which had a fluffy white comforter and matching cushions decorating it.

I couldn’t resist; I had to jump. I took three long strides and a giant leap towards the bed.

I bounced on to the plush white comforter and curled into a foetal position. If I were a kitten I’m pretty sure I’d be purring right now.

“Wow… You ended up in my bed sooner than I thought.” Jiyong teased, leaning against the door frame.

“Er… I-I… It looked comfy.” I stuttered, feeling my cheeks burning.

“Oh it is.” Jiyong winked as he prepared to leap beside me.

The impact caused me to bounce a few times, making my attempts at escape futile.

Before I could even gather myself Jiyong’s arms s around my waist and pulled me closer. GAHHH. I struggled desperately, but to no avail; his arms tightened around me, making my struggle even more futile.

“Let go of me!” I wheezed out while trying to peel his arms off of me.

“No.” He whispered into my ear.

“Why?” I demanded, still trying to peel his arms off of me.

“I want a cuddle.” he said innocently.

“Well I don’t!” I half-shouted.

“Fine.” He gave in and released his hold on me.

I gave him a lopsided smile and shuffled away from him. Though I acted as if I was glad he set me free, I was also kind of disappointed; his tight hug made me feel warm inside.

“So you don’t like cuddling?” Jiyong looked at me quizzically.

“I didn’t say that.” I retorted.

“So you do like cuddling?” He raised one eyebrow, giving me a patronizing stare.

“I didn’t say that either.” I mumbled. Of course I did, but I didn’t want to prove him right.

As if reading my mind Jiyong grabs my waist and pulls me to him, enclosing his arms around me. I protested again, flinging my arms around, but he snuggled his face into my messy hair, inhaling deeply.

“Mmm… I love your hair.” He purred into my ear.

“What?” I flipped my head around and glared at him, taken aback by his statement.

He moved closer toward my ear and whispered:

“You heard.” His infamous smirk curled the corners of his lips, making my insides melt along with the downpour of insecurity over my already-tiny ego.

“I know you said I’m adorable… but I’m nothing special, I’m not even Korean…” I whined again.

“I can’t help who I fall for.” He teased.

I scooted away from him at such speed I nearly fell off the bed, thankfully Jiyong’s arm wrapped around me and hauled me back to safety.

GAAAAH.

“Y-you fell for me?” I weakly sputtered out, not thinking through what I was about to say. I raised a palm to my forehead and chastised myself for sounding like a fool.

“I don’t know…” He grinned and shot to his feet, grabbing my wrist and dragging me off the springy bed, halting any kind of reply I tried to conjure. “Let me show you the garden!"

After being dragged through hallways and pushed out the back door by a certain jerk, I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, embracing the sweet scent of the flowers which surrounded me. Everything in this garden was so beautiful for each of the 5 senses; caressing my skin, nose and ears like silk.

When I opened my eyes I nearly jumped ten feet into the air. Jiyong was stood there, holding a pink rose practically in my face.

“A beautiful rose for a beautiful girl.” Jiyong cooed sweetly.

I took the rose and smiled sweetly- only to hear his booming laughter fill the quaint garden.

“I-I can’t believe… you b-bought that?!” He choked out in-between laughs.

 I gave him the coldest stare I could muster and attempted to spin myself round and walk away from him in a dramatic manor. Instead, I lost my footing and found myself plummeting towards a muddy puddle.

Damn my clumsiness.

I covered my arms over my face and prepared for the worst, only to feel a pair of hands grab me, saving me from the impact. Only my legs skidded a little and I ended up dunking them both in the puddle.

I removed my arms and assessed the damage; muddy ankles and muddy feet, with little splatterings of mud across my arms. I would need another shower. Great.

Jiyong aided me to my feet and looked at my legs, shaking his head with an amused expression on his face.

“Your fault.” I murmured, marching past him, back towards the house.

“Do you like books?” He chirped, completely ignoring my attempt at a tantrum.

He jogged towards me and lead me back into the house, bringing me to a huge bookcase, filled with all-sorts, English, poetry, a lot of Korean books though, which was a shame because I couldn’t read Korean too well.

“What’s the matter?” He looked at me quizzically, obviously spying my sad pout.

“I can’t really read Korean.” I sighed.

“I’ll help you,” Jiyong chimed, picking out a book at the top of the shelf. “This is one of my favourites.”

I followed him to the living room and slumped on the floor next to him. He placed the book in front of us and turned to me, giving me a dazzling smile. His smile was perfect; it lit up his face and melted my insides. His jawline was so amazingly chiselled it was as if God himself carved it. I drank in his features; his little nose, pouty lips, his brow which was furrowed in concentration.

“Annalisa, are you even concerned with this book? Because you won’t learn by staring at me.” He teased and pinched my nose.

His facial expression was filled with amusement, his chocolate eyes glittering. I lowered my gaze down to his lips, which had a smirk playing at them, threatening to break into the full dazzling smile I just can’t get enough of. I wanted to kiss them. Feel them against mine again.

Impulse took over and I sprung towards him, cupping his face with my hands and pressing my lips against his.

They were so warm, so perfect… Just like Jiyong himself.

My eyes shot open as I realised what I was doing.

Oh crap.

--

oo cliffhanger oo drama oo oo oo

comment etc

luvu guuiizzz xxxxxx