Chapter 7

Love the way you Lie

Later that night, Jessica walked in through the door. She quietly took her shoes off and began walking to her room.

She was about to turn the doorknob when someone called out her name.

“Jessica.”

She slowly turned around and faked a sweet smile. “Hey girls.”

Yuri, Tiffany, and Sunny all looked at her with disgust. “Why would you do something like that?”

“Do something like what?” Jessica asked as she took her hand off of the doorknob.

“Go out with Taeyeon’s boyfriend.” Sunny answered.

Jessica scoffed and began taking little steps towards them. “Why can’t I? He was the one who asked me out to get a drink anyway. I was just being polite.”

“Too polite.” Tiffany said as she folded her arms. “You got caught by the fans and paparazzi and you didn’t do anything.”

“You were embracing the moment you had with Jaejoong.” Yuri stated.

Jessica smiled at them and shook her head. “Is it wrong to be seen with a friend?”

“Of course not.” Sunny replied. “But it’s wrong if you meet up with one of your member’s boyfriend.”

“They aren’t on good terms right now, so why does it matter?” Jessica questioned.

“You’re going to make it worse.” Yuri replied as she began to get impatient with Jessica’s attitude.

“Why are you acting like this? You and Taeyeon are supposed to be sisters. You guys love each other.” Tiffany said as she looked at Jessica.

“I do love her, and she is my sister.” Jessica stated.

“Then why are you doing this?” Yuri questioned.

“Did you guys forget that I had Jaejoong first?” Jessica asked as her voice got a little louder. “I met him first! I dated him first! I had him first! He liked me first!!”

“It doesn’t matter if he liked you first!” Sunny started. “You’re the past. Taeyeon’s the present.”

“I want to be the future, and I will be the future.” Jessica said before walking into her room and closing the door shut behind her.

The three girls shook their heads at Jessica. They were ashamed of how she was acting.

“How can a guy just ruin a sisterly relationship?” Tiffany asked.

Yuri and Sunny shrugged. “Jessica’s just crazy.”

-----------------------------------------------

~The next morning~

 

Taeyeon woke up and got ready for the photo shoot that she had to get to.

“Taeyeon?” Seohyun said as she came into the room.

“Yeah?” Taeyeon asked as she fixed her bed.

“Um, there’s a change of plans.” Seohyun said as she walked towards Taeyeon. “We have a radio broadcast.”

“Oh really?” Taeyeon asked as she quickly tied her hair up into a ponytail.

“Yeah, we’re leaving soon.”

“Okay, let me just wash up.” Taeyeon said as she looked at herself in the mirror. Seohyun nodded and walked out of the room.


----------------------------------------------------------

~At the radio station~

 

“Alright, we’ll be back after the commercials.” The radio DJ said.

“So Jessica, are you dating Jaejoong?” The host asked as he looked over at Jessica.

Jessica blushed and shook her head. “No, what makes you think that?”

Taeyeon felt uncomfortable and stood up from her seat.

“I saw the news. You and Jaejoong make a very nice couple.”

“Uh please, let’s not get into people’s personal business.” Sooyoung said as she too felt uncomfortable.

“If you’ll excuse me, I have to use the restroom.” Taeyeon lied as she walked out of the room.

Yoona and Yuri exchanged looks. They both nodded and got up to follow Taeyeon.

“Is something wrong? I feel the tension in the room.” The host said with stupidity.

The members except for Jessica all shook their heads. They didn’t want the host to know anything about what was going on between Taeyeon, Jaejoong, and Jessica.

Taeyeon turned the corner but was soon stopped by a stone-like figure. She quickly bowed and apologized a few times without looking up to see who the person was.

When she didn’t hear any response from the person she looked up and found someone she wasn’t ready to see.

Yuri and Yoona soon appeared but quickly stopped themselves when they saw their leader with Jaejoong.

“How did he know she was going to be here?” Yoon asked in a low whisper.

Yuri shrugged. “Probably from his manager, I don’t know.”

They both peeked out from behind the wall and spied on Taeyeon and Jaejoong.

“What are you doing here?” Taeyeon asked in a low voice.

“I’m here to speak to Jessica.” Jaejoong replied. His sentence made Yuri want to go and slap him.

Taeyeon was so shocked that she had nothing to say. She slowly stepped out of the way and pointed in the direction she just came from. “She’s over there.”

Before tears could well up in her eyes, she ran passed Jaejoong and towards the restrooms.

Jaejoong slowly closed his eyes. He kept them close for a while. When he finally opened them, he his heels and walked back to the elevator.

“Why didn’t he go and speak to Jessica?” Yoona questioned.

Yuri shrugged. “Maybe he was lying.”

“Could it be because he didn’t really want to tell Taeyeon why he was really here?”

Yuri slightly nodded. “Maybe, but why would he come here anyway? Why would he lie about coming here?”