Chapter 10

Love the way you Lie

(Taeyeon’s POV)

Junsu had asked me to get a bite to eat with him when we bumped into each other. I hesitated but said ‘yes’ anyway.

He took me to a fast-food restaurant and got us a table in the back so no one could see us.

I sat there biting my lower lip as I waited for him to come back with the food. I’ve never been so nervous before. Is it because he’s my ex, and I’m dating Jaejoong who’s like a brother to him?

This can’t be good. I should’ve said ‘No thanks.’

I looked up and saw Junsu walking back to our table with shades on. Disguises never work on celebrities. But I do have to admit that Jaejoong looks very attractive with his beanie and shades. I miss him so much! My heart just flutters when I think about him. Hopefully he’ll call me again. I feel kind of bad to dismiss his phone call so early. But now that I think about it, SM Entertainment don’t even know that we’re dating. Is that a bad thing?

My train of thoughts vanished when Junsu sat down in the seat in front of me. He passed me my burger and fries before unwrapping his burger.

“Thanks.” I mumbled before eating a french fry. I felt his stare on me so I looked up. I was right.

He gave me a smile before speaking. “We haven’t talked in such a long time.” I nodded in agreement. “How are you?”

“I’m good, and you?” I know I’m not saying a lot, but there’s really nothing to say.

“I’m feeling great!” He said with that dolphin voice of his. I couldn’t help but giggle. “What is it?” I shook my head at him telling him that it was nothing.

After several minutes of eating, he began to talk again. “How’s it like dating Jaejoong?”

My body completely froze up. “W-what?”

“Is he treating you well?” I nodded and nervously took a sip from my drink. Things are getting awkward. “Taeyeon…”

Oh boy…. “Hm?”

“Let’s be friends. Let’s forget about the past and focus on the future.”

I nodded before agreeing. “Okay.”

His eyes lit up in happiness. It’s not wrong being friends with your ex right?

(End of Taeyeon’s POV)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over the next couple of days, Taeyeon and Junsu grew closer. They would spend more time together, and soon they were texting each other every minute.

The SNSD members became very worried about Taeyeon. They would always bring Jaejoong up into their conversations, but Taeyeon wouldn’t really make any comments. She always looked bored.

“What if Taeyeon’s losing her feelings for Jaejoong?” Seohyun asked with concern.

“Let’s not think about that.” Jessica stated. “I mean, there hasn’t been any signs of her losing her feelings for Jaejoong.”

“Oh really?” Tiffany questioned. “Remember that one time when Jaejoong called her, but she was on the phone with Junsu? She totally chose Junsu over her boyfriend!”

“Quit it!” Yuri shouted. “The only thing we can do is hope for the best.” The rest of the girls nodded in agreement.

“Hey, let’s go to bed.” Sooyoung said as she got up from the couch. The others nodded and walked into their rooms.

--------------------------------------------------------------

~Later That Night~

Taeyeon was in her bed asleep. She tossed and turned and finally woke up. “AHH!” She yelled out from being frightened. She soon calmed down, and a smile formed on her face. “Jaejoong, you’re here.”

“Yeah, sorry for scaring you like that.”

Taeyeon shook her head and sat up. “How did you get in?”

“Sunny opened the door. She also went to sleep with Hyoyeon.”

Taeyeon giggled and hugged him tightly. “Why didn’t you call me when you got off the plane? I would’ve stayed up and waited for you.” She saw him put on a smile, but she noticed that it was a very weary one. She slightly pouted and cupped his face. “How much sleep did you get?”

“Not much.” Jaejoong answered with gloomy eyes.

Taeyeon exhaled softly before moving to the other side of her bed to leave some space for him. She patted the spot next to her and looked up at him. “You’re going to sleep with me.”

She saw him squint his eyes. “I can’t.” he said after a couple seconds of thinking.

“Yes you can.”

Jaejoong continued to look at the empty spot on the bed. He was tempted to sleep next to her but he couldn’t. He stood up from the chair he was sitting on and slowly backed away. Before he could get too far, Taeyeon grabbed a hold of his wrist. “Wait! Where are you going?”

“I only came here to see you not to spend the night with you.” Jaejoong stated. “I’ll sleep when I get to my dorm.”

Taeyeon got up on her knees and tugged him closer to her. Soon their lips were pressed against each other.

Taeyeon had her arms wrapped around his neck, while Jaejoong had his hands wrapped around her waist.

They soon pulled apart from the kiss. “You’re tired.” whispered Taeyeon.

Jaejoong let out a defeated sigh before hopping into bed with her. Taeyeon giggled while she pulled the covers over them but stopped when it reached her shoulder.

She felt a sudden tug on her body. It was Jaejoong’s grip on her waist. He was pulling her closer to him. Once she got close enough, he placed his chin on top of her head and closed his eyes.

“Jaejoong?” Taeyeon said in a soft voice.

“Hm?”

“How was your trip?” She asked with curiosity.

“Good….” Jaejoong mumbled in return.

“Did you have fun shooting the music video?”

“Mm-Hm…”

“Am I talking too much?” Taeyeon asked as she tilted her head to look up at him.

Jaejoong shook his head. “No, I enjoy listening to you talk. It puts me to sleep.”

Taeyeon took it the wrong way and hit his chest. “Are you saying that I’m boring?”

She heard him let out a soft chuckle. “No. What I’m saying is that, your voice is soothing. Like when you sing; it’s pleasant to my ears so it’s easy for me to sleep. Your voice is like a lullaby.”

Taeyeon blushed before laying her head back onto his shoulder. “Sing me a song.” Jaejoong demanded.

“What song should I sing?”

“Any song.”

Taeyeon brought her lips to a thin line. “Oh I got it.” She began singing ‘Like a Star,’ the duet she had with her vocal trainer ‘The One.’

After a few seconds of singing that one song, she stopped and began singing her solo ‘Can You Hear Me.’ When she finished the song, she looked up to find a sleeping Jaejoong. A smile crawled up to her face when she saw how serene he looked while sleeping. She kissed his forehead lightly before snuggling up next to him.

------------------------------------------------------------------

~The Next Morning~

Taeyeon woke up and found an empty spot next to her. She pouted in sadness and got up to walk out of her room.

When she reached the living room she saw Jaejoong standing there with her phone in his hand. “Did you have a good time with Junsu while I was away?” He asked with a hint of anger in his voice.

“What?” Taeyeon questioned in disbelief. Jaejoong held her phone up. “You went through my phone?!?” She yelled out as she charged at it.

Jaejoong quickly stepped away. “No, I didn’t go through it! Junsu texted you and asked you if you were still up to going to the mall.”

“You read my text messages?!?”

“So you admit that you have been doing something with Junsu while I was away huh?!?” Jaejoong inquired. He shook his head ashamed of Taeyeon. “How could you do something like this? Sneak around with him behind my back??”

“Hey! What about you? You went to Japan and hung out with all of those girls!”

“I did not! Those were rumors, and you have no proof of it. You on the other hand have text messages and phone calls that give proof of you talking to Junsu!”

Taeyeon finally snatched her phone away from Jaejoong. “Yeah, well you were caught hanging out with Jessica!”

Jaejoong let out a mocking laugh. “We were talking about making up with you! Now don’t tell me that you and Junsu were doing the same.”

When Taeyeon stood there with nothing to say back, Jaejoong let out a sigh of incredulity. He grabbed his coat from the couch and walked out of the apartment.

When the door slammed shut, Taeyeon fell to the ground with tears streaming down her face. “What did I just do?”

-------------------------------------------------------

~The next chapter will be the LAST chapter. =( ~

chu_david - This chapter probably made everything worse. =(

ah_thien - Aw thanks! <3

ILoveG9 - That's what the plan seems to be. ;)

naydsbeb - Yes he's back! :(

nallym - Oooh...what kind of new fics?

rosesone - You're welcome. =)