Part 7

The Small Dancing Studio

Hello everyone!

Sorry it took a little while, school is unforgiving! Also, a big thank you to my subacribers and all those who upvoted <3

Please leave me a comment and tell me what you think - they are much appreciated.

Sophie :)

_______________________________________________________

I hurried along the street, fuming as I rounded the corner and stormed into the store. Anya had blown me off for Sehun, for the second time, and my parents were home from working in Japan; only staying home for a weekend and making me cater to their every whim.

The bell tinkled as I hurried through the door, the keeper turning her head to nod at me before going back to serving the grumpy old man that was grumbling about how the weather was too damp and that the harvest was going to be ruined ~ in London?

Scanning the shelves, I scooped packet after packet into the basket; choosing everything I had been asked to get with care, placing it all in neat rows so it would be easier to pack when I had paid. However, as I rounded the corner, done with shopping, I didn’t notice the person coming the other way and soon the contents of my basket was scattered across the floor.

“Ahh crap,” I swore under my breath as I ducked to the floor and started to gather the produce. The other person helped; a male I deducted from the manlier hands, before helping stand. My eyes went wide when I realised it was Jongin; swallowing loudly when he looked me straight in the eyes.

“Are you ok?” he asked; his voice turning me to butter.

“Uh ... yeah?” I nodded dumbly as I checked my bag was still on my shoulder and that I had everything I dropped.

“Um Jen, you left pretty ... uh ... quickly the other day,” I stared with wide eyes at the blush that had seemed to spread across the boy’s cheeks as he stood quietly, almost nervously, in front of me. I slightly cringed, remebering the incident but some how proud that he knew my name.

“Yeah, something happened and I wasn’t in the best of mood,” I internally sighed as I managed to make it through a sentence without stuttering. The heat radiating from my face was probably enough to provide enough heat for a whole house but I almost felt as though I was floating on cloud, finally having a conversation with my crush; even if it was in the middle of a convenience store.

“Oh, is that so. Well, are you dancing this week?” Jongin asked. I nodded; he then bid a quick and embarrassed goodbye before scurrying out the door. I stood on the spot, still for a moment as I screamed like a fan girl inside before righting myself and casually going to pay. The lady at the desk gave me an approving look, almost winking as she scanned the items and took my well earned money.

_______________________________________________________

From: Anya ;)

Hello, sorry I had to go *pouts*. Sehun needed me.

I rolled my eyes as I read the text message; not falling for the faint aegyo that came with the descriptions. I was still annoyed that she’d put off our monthly movie marathon day to go and help Sehun at the dance studio ~ claiming there was a lot of ‘paperwork’ when truly it meant there would be more lip locking in the closet going on.

To: Anya ;)

Nah, it’s ok.

From: Anya ;)

No it’s not ~ got that from your last text. You should come and hang out with us now. Come to my house.

I gaped, not believing that she had the audacity to now hang out with Sehun when she said she would be working. I glanced at the clock, noticing it was two in the afternoon before glancing out of my open bedroom door.

To: Anya

>:( I thought you were working with Sehun at the dance studio?

From: Anya >:(

Ooppsss?! Just get your over here. We’re thinking of heading to a party later so bring some clothes :)

Sighing, I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes, fighting the feeling of wanting to snap at Anya. Chuckling sarcastically I moved across to the other side of the room and opened my closet; grabbing random dresses and my make-up bag before slinging them into another, larger bag. I snatched up the handles and headed down the stairs, slipping on my shoes and heading out to Anya’s house.

“I’m going to Anya’s,” I shouted, hoping someone would hear me. There was a muffled ‘wait!’ but I was already out the door and down the lane by that time.

My parents both worked for the embassy, travelling the world whilst representing England. When I was younger, my older brother and I used to travel with them. I had been schooled in Paris, Malaysia and in L.A, never settling long enough to make lifetime friends and never having a chance to find something I was good at in one place. My brother, Cameron who’s four years older than me, now 22, suggested that we should stay in one place whilst they moved around. So, when he turned 18, our parents left us in London with a house and a steady flow of money so that we could live. I had grown used to it being the two of us but when I turned 17, Cameron became a little more distant; more interested in his friends now that his baby sister wasn’t a child anymore. It was lonely sometime but I got used to it and found it more annoying when my parents came home; not getting on well with them now that I understood the pressure my brother had been through.

In complete contrast, Anya’s parents were home nearly all the time; her father a business man in the city of London and her mother owned the flower shop just around the corner where I had worked one summer with my best friend. Anya had two older sisters, Sasha and Jayne with a younger brother, Thomas. He was babied by the girls and me ~ I considered him like my own brother. Anya’s mother always made me feel welcome, often comparing the two of us and telling Anya that she should be more like me; only to be told sharply that Anya was her own person and could do what she wanted.

I smiled unconsciously as I made my way down the street, trying not to trip in the cracks as I though about the huge comparison between the two of us. The sun felt warm on my cheeks and suddenly the day seemed to get better. Maybe I was too harsh earlier?

Walking up the old gravel path, I knocked sharply on the red door. It swung open quite violently and Thomas appeared on the other side, smiling before moving and leaving the door open for me. I hurried in, shutting the door behind me before slipping off my shoes and heading up to Anya’s room, not before poking my head around the door frame and saying hello to her mother.

“I’m here,” I announced as I walked through the door and dumped my bag. A grouchy looking Anya and an amused Sehun lay on the bed together, flicking through magazines.

“Hi,” Sehun greeted and I nodded in return before sitting on the free space at the end near the couple. “My mother is a ,” Anya announced as she rolled her eyes. I looked at her questioningly, egging her to go on.

“She walked in and tore me away from my boyfriend.”

“Congrats,” I smiled at the two of them when Anya’s eyes went wide, as though she wasn’t supposed to tell me. I faintly heard the sound of the doorbell in the background as we continued to chat about the new-ish relationship on the block.

“Oh, hey,” I suddenly turned when Sehun interrupted Anya’s complaining. I swallowed hard, noticing the person was Jongin. He stared at me, also swallowing as his cheeks immediately went red.

“Hello.”