Cupid's Trap

Cupid's Trap

 

Kim Hyun Joong, 501ville University Dance Club President, looked around the practice room then proceeds to the locker rooms. He received a call from Chareeh a while ago that she injured her feet while practicing and can barely walk home.

It was 8:30 in the evening, and he was prepared to scold her vice president who was too careless since the dance competition will be a few months. However, what welcomed him was the usual cluttered space and absolute silence of their locker rooms after practice.

He was worried about her and still looked around “Chareeh?? Yah!! Where are you??” She shouted while panting. Then, he heard footsteps entering the practice room.

“Chareeh, what happened? Are you ok~~~” The last word came from his as he recognized the person.

“Ohh..  Pr~president??  You’re here?? “Young Saeng asked shocked.

Hyunjoong was about to replied when they heard the practice door slamming being padlocked from the outside.

“Hmm…something smells fish-” Youngsaeng murmured as he tried to a peek from the glass window but the hall way lights were off making it not possible to look at their captors.

“What’s going on?”Hyun Joong demanded.

Young Saeng thought for a while, hands crossed against his chest, staring at the door. “So that’s what that new lock was for,” he murmured.

“What?” Hyun Joong asked in a loud voice still confused.


The dimpled boy sighed and frowned a little, as if formulating his next words carefully. “Park Shanederella Bromance Cupid Plan,” he said simply.

Hyunjoong’s face went from the worried look to confusion and finally to an “O” fearful realization. He was suddenly helplessly distressed and he didn’t like it one bit and most of all somewhat angry that his vice president play along with it.

“No wonder she didn’t want to tell me what she’s up to.” Youngsaeng crossed the room and slumped against the practice room floor with the take-out he brought along the way.  Shanederella called him to buy things at the convenience store since she was still stuck practicing with the vice president for new steps.


“She’s your friend isn’t she? Do something,” the president  frowned.

Young Saeng spent the moment unpacking the food he bought. Siopao – cola – water – chips , and soju??.  He stared at the soju and chuckled in disbelief with her smart childhood friend. But he is wiser and can definitely outsmart her right? After a while, Young Saeng turned to him, an amused smile playing upon his lips.

“Okay…but I need your help, Pres~~~ err Hyun Joong,” he said. “Before that though, I think we better erased the awkwardness. I don’t think we’d be let out until tomorrow morning.” then he handed him one bottle of soju.

Kim Hyun Joong sighed resignedly and took off his shoes. It’s going to be a long night.