Chapter 2

She Did Not Know

I watched as the group of giggling girls hid themselves behind their hands and squealed every so often when Myung Soo so much as bent over a table to clear up used cups and dirty plates. I rolled my eyes as I manned the counter.

“Oh my God, he is so cute” I heard one of the other customers say to her friend as she ordered her Chocolate Orange Mocha with added extra cream, “Look at his bum in those jeans, he is yummy...”

"I'd tap that"

"Wow he is so cool..."

"Oh my god look at his smile and his eyes..."

I failed to hold in the sigh that escaped from my lips. It was a shame that the girls only got to see this side of Myung Soo…if they could see the other side to him - you know, the one where he is an egotistical and rude jerk then maybe they wouldn’t be saying the same thing. What happened to falling for real gentlemen in this day and age? It seemed they no longer existed.

 

Myung Soo dumped the tray of cups, plates and cutlery on the counter and grinned at me, “You know your face looks like thunder today…you’re not going to attract your dream man looking like that. You have a hard enough time attracting anyone as it is…” he laughed, sneering at me as I narrowed my eyes at him in a silent warning to shut up or face the consequences.

This only seemed to spur him on, “You know maybe you should go out sometime and try your luck? With some make-up and new clothes that don’t look like they belong to the nineties, you might be half decent”

I snorted in disbelief, “Does this qualify for in work bullying?” I muttered to myself, trying to keep my cool as Myung Soo turned the charm on with a particularly attractive female customer, who then tipped him more than generously. I wanted to puke.

“Your body isn’t bad you know, if you just stopped hiding it under such bland colours…” he mumbled.

I exhaled loudly and half turned towards him, “Will you stop thinking that it is any of your business how I look?”

Myung Soo just shrugged with that forever annoying smug grin plastered to his face.

I tried for a diversion, “Maybe you should worry about all those girls over there that are practically devouring you with their eyes…” I said, half hoping that they would distract him from being a right with me, “You know they might follow you home and camp outside your house, waiting for you” I muttered, “If their mouths open up any wider, I’m going have to start wiping their drool from the floor…”

On second thoughts I wondered whether we had any bibs in the back stock room, they might come in handy for half these morons.

“I’m surprised you think I’m hot Suzy” Myung Soo suddenly said, snapping me out of my pensive state.

“Huh?” I muttered, frowning at him as if he had just told me he secretly had three feet.

“I said I’m surprised you think I’m hot” he repeated, grinning this time.

I scoffed at his words, “I don’t think you’re hot”

He nodded, “Yeah you do…you just admitted it. You know you secretly want me”

Now, if there was anyone on earth that you know, who is more egotistical and shameless than Myung Soo, then I feel sorry for you. It was highly possible that Myung Soo was maybe just a tad sick in the head but to make up such fanatical rubbish was truly a new low in my overall evaluation of my co-worker.

“Are you mad?” I threw at him, disgusted that he could actually think I wanted him.

Myung Soo smiled, “You just said all these girls are here to ogle me…right?”

I nodded, “Yeah and?”

“And do you know any of these girls personally?” he asked.

I shook my head, “No”

“Okay, so how do you know that they are here because they think I’m hot…unless you think I’m hot…and you have portrayed your thoughts on to their actions”

My eyes widened in disbelief as Myung Soo continued to grin at me like he thought he had just invented the cure for ‘-ness’.

I turned full body towards him so that I was facing him. Mustering up all the seriousness that I could manage I said, “Myung Soo, all I needed to do was look at them. Can you see that wetness coming out of their mouths?” I asked, pointing to my own mouth for emphasis. I watched as his eyes lowered to my lips. “Yes, it’s called drool…” I confirmed.

“Now can you see their eyes tracking your every movement when you walk?” I added, tapping the corner of my eye. Again Myung Soo’s eyes slowly travelled their way up to my eyes, “Yes that’s called staring…and finally can you see their silly girl giggling? That’s a girl crushing on a guy. Now do you see me doing any of that stuff when I’m around you?”

I held my hand up to stop him from answering, “That was a rhetorical question” I said.

He closed his mouth again and lifted an eyebrow at me as if to say ‘go on’.

“Get it in to your big head...I don’t want you nor do I think you’re hot…”

Myung Soo grinned, jammed his hands into his jeans pockets and shrugged.

“Whatever you say…” he muttered, “You’ll realise one day Suzy Bae”

I chose to ignore his last comment…