An Unfortunate Accident

The SM Hunger Games

Thank you for all your comments and sorry this comes so late.

Please not that only one PERSON will survive this game, not a whole group.

 

**********************************

Changmin and company are walking down a hall on the fifth floor of the building when Changmin feels someone watching them. He turns to look around hoping to spot whoever might be following them but can't see anyone. Yunho says it's best to keep moving so they've been walking around for a while now instead of locking themselves in a room like most of the others seem to have done. As they keep heading closer to the stairs Changmin can't shake the feeling of being watched and instinctively moves a bit closer to Yunho.

Behind a corner a group of EXO members are planning. Or most of them are planning, Luhan is peaking around the corner to watch Yunho in childlike wonder. The man is so cool, Luhan thinks, leading his group with such confidence. When the stars around Luhan's head and hearts in his eyes start blinding the rest of the group, Kris slaps him on the head. Luhan yelps and jumps ending up in the middle of the hall.

The noise has drawn Changmin's attention again and this time when he turns around he sees Luhan standing there. He's first confused and wonders if he should just turn away and keep following Yunho, but then he notices Yunho has stopped as well. As the whole group stills and turns, Yunho goes to ask Luhan what's wrong. Always the good hyung. 

The stars around Luhan's head and the hearts in his eyes return when he sees Yunho approaching. Yunho seems momentarily taken aback by them, but he's a brave man and is used to fanboys. Most of them aren't this close to him, but in the end this is not that different honestly. 

Changmin on the other hand, is not even near being as calm about it all as Yunho. This Luhan guy is obviously trying to steal his hyung and that is not ok. Changmin creeps closer ignoring Kyuhyun who tries to tell him to calm down because there's smoke rising from his ears. He glares at Luhan with the meanest look he can possibly summon but the boy doesn't even notice. Changmin growls as Luhan takes Yunho's hand. He raises his camera and turns the flash on. With a sudden bright light Luhan is blinded and Changmin attacks. 

The struggle takes only a few minutes. Changmin reaches for Luhan's throat and the boy tries to defend himself. Changmin ends up being both stronger and taller and somehow manages to push Luhan over the railing separating the hall and the empty space under the high ceiling of the entrance hall and stairs. There's a horrible crack sound when Luhan's back hits the stairs five floors below and breaks.

Yunho looks shocked, his eyes wide and horrified. Changmin doesn't know what to say. He had just killed a guy. He's not really sorry but he's not sure if it's appropriate to be happy either. In these circumstances killing someone would have been inevitable at some point anyway.

The accident has gotten The EXO members raging though. Kris is glaring at Yunho and Changmin like and angry dragon breathing fire from his nostrils while Tao is crying and Lay is screaming bloody murder, 

"Luhan we will avenge you," Tao cries over the railing to the still body lying on the floor.

"You will never see us coming. This is WAR!" Kris roars and tries to attack the two men still standing there, but Kyuhyun and Donghae pull them back just in time to avoid further violence at that moment. They retreat down the stairs in order to get Luhan's boxing gloves but when they get there the gloves are gone.

That's when they see MInho standing behind a plant holding the boxing gloves.

"Hey Minho, what are you doing there?" Changmin asks his young friend.

"I came looking for you!" Minho yells and runs to hug his hyung. It's incredibly awkward. "I found you!" Minho smiles happily. He looks so dorky Kyuhyun can't stop his laugh from bubbling out of him.

Upstairs the Chinese and Canadian members of EXO decide the Koreans can't be trusted and leave by just the three of them.

                                                                -----------------------------------

On the other end of the building the SuJu members are hauled in the break room. Heechul is in the corner inspecting the contents of a box of toys he had received from Jaejoong. Siwon and Ryeowook are arguing over the proper use of a coffee maker and Sungmin has stepped out of the room. Henry and Zhoumi are sitting at a table wondering what they should do.

Out side the room Sungmin has spotted the SNSD members peeking into rooms, opening and closing doors, like they're looking for something. He follows them a little while until he sees a gun pushed into the back of Yuri's tiny shorts. Sungmin's eyes light up. He wants it. 

Sungmin the martial arts expert is fast in his predatory movements and quietly sneaks up on the girls. He has his towel in his hands and when he's close enough he bounces. He wraps the towel around poor Yuri's neck and the girl has no chance against the suffocating force that doesn't let air into her lungs. It's all over so soon the other girls don't even have time to react. It takes them a few minutes to start wondering where the gun disappeared. It had taken them almost two hours of climbing on furniture and crawling under them to find it.

Sungmin returns to the break room looking more innocent than the Angel Junsu in the earliest days. The look is so creepy Henry and Zhoumi make up their mind and leave. They share a look filled with shared understanding and walk out without a word. They're going to find the rest of the Chinese and Korean SM idols because obviously these Koreans can't be trusted.

                                                               --------------------------------------

Meanwhile the EXO-K members are trying their best to convince Kai to stay with them.

"You need to stay," Suho says. "We are one."

"You can't leave us, we just lost the four Chinese members," whines Baekhyun.

"Who will we make fun of if you go," cries Chanyeol.

"My Luhannie is DEAD!!!" wails Sehun.

"I want to go find Taemin," Kai says with finality. This group will do just fine without him, and if they don't then there's hardly anything he could do about it anyway. And he had seen Minho with Changmin's group just a while ago. He's not going to trust the rest of his friend's group to take care of him. He's sure Jonghyun is just waiting for an opportunity to jump the poor boy and Onew's just going to be more trouble than help if he's going to try stopping it. The guy is so clumsy he'll end up breaking all of their necks. Kai is not going to even think about Key.

So Kai leaves the room leaving D.O. staring after him with his eyes rounder than they'd ever been before.

                                                          -----------------------------------------

No one had seen any sign of BoA or Kangta since they disappeared in the beginning of the game.

 

**************

 

List of idols still in the game (42): Changmin, Yunho, Tao, Kris, Lay, Chen, Xiumin, Kai, Suho, Sehun, DO, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Heechul, Siwon, Kyuhyun, Donghae, Ryeowook, Kangin, BoA, Jessica, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Sunny, Taeyeon, Seohyun, Sooyoung, Sulli, Luna, Amber, Krystal, Victoria, Minho, Taemin, Jonghyun, Key, Onew, Kangta, Henry, Zhoumi

Weapons revealed: BoA (iPhone, Yoona's handbag), Siwon (Bible), Changmin (camera), Minho (Luhan's boxing gloves), Sungmin (a towel, Yuri's gun) Heechul (a toybox from Jaejoong)

 

A/N

1. Please note that more than one idol can die in one chapter so I'm not sure how many chapters this fic is going to have.

2. The idols can take the weapons of the people they've killed.

3. I have a list of weapons I think each idol has, but if someone has a better idea for an idol whose weapon has not yet been revealed, I can change it. If you want to suggest a weapon, please leave a comment with an idol's name and the weapon you think they should have. Use your imagination.

4. If you want an idol out of the game, leave a comment saying who you want to be the next to die. (The best way to keep your favorite in the game is to vote others out.)