His Glances.

Gravity.

 

                                                                 "something always brings me back to you."

 

-YURI-

I sat in the fifth row of the arranged chairs in the school hall. It was a prize giving ceremony for the graduating seniors who have achieved amazing results for their national exams. I clapped my hands smiling proud for them. One day im going to try my best to be in their position. With love and happiness not being found in my vocabulary, I believe that i can achieve it. You know how the elders say. Love always distracts you from every single thing you want to achieve in life. Im confident.

 

My phone rang in the middle of the prize giving. I was not sure what i was suppose to do. Since we werent allowed to use our phones in school, i was hesistant in my decision to answer the phone. I turned to my friend who was talking continuously to the guy beside her.

"Clara, my phone is ringing. Should i answer it?' I held the phone in my hand waiting for a respond or a simple gesture. Hence, she just rolled her eyes and continued talking to her guy friend. It hurts to be treated this way by a friend you thought you were close to but it was something normal for me to be invisble amongst a huge crowd of people. Im anti social and i hate people. Oh how i wish Yoona was here. She's always there when i need her. Eventhough she's the main character of everyone's high school life because of her beauty, people never seem to see through her mask that she puts on everyday. Her terrible past and present. Hence, she's always my helping hand and my hope.

I decided to answer the phone since it was my mother. It could be something important and it was.

"Yuri, where are you?' My mother said with a worried tone.

"Im still in school. The ceremony doesnt end till eight."

"Can you go straight to the hospital after that?"

"Why?" I started to get worried at the mention of the word 'hospital'. The last time it was mentioned, my grandmother passed away. It scares me till today.

"Uncle Kim is admitted. He couldnt breathe and fainted at home. Make sure you come to the hospital staright after the event okay?"

"Okay mom. I shall take the other bus then." I hunged up and sighed. I glanced to my right to see whether Clara heard it. I guess she didnt since she was still in the postion.

 

I collected my refreshments and headed to the bus stop. The weather was a bit chilly since it rained making me shiver while i nibble on my refreshments.The bus stop was packed with students and parents waiting for their respective buses I stood in the shelter of the bus stop and took out my phone and earpiece to hear music. I plugged in the earphones turning on music eventhough my battery was hanging on dear life of seven percent. My bus finally arrived and everybody crowded to the front to get in. I was getting irritated since everybody was pushing me. If it wasnt for the rain, i would have walked to the other bus stop to take my bus to the hospital.

"Only three stops Yuri... Three stops." I mumbled to myself as i tapped my card and quickly walked to the standing area of the bus. People streamed in and a male student stood infront of me. It was uncomfortable since we were really close to each other. The good thing is that he's infront of me but facing infront. I brushed it off since i didnt want to think about it so much.

 

I scrolled my music album to choose another track. Somehow at that point, i was confident that i saw him turning his face behind but when i looked up, his head was facing the front. i ignored it and scrolled to search for the track but i finally caught him! He was glancing back again. I wondered why but i still decided to ignore it. It happened for a few times before he managed to get a seat in the bus on the second stop of the trip. I still stood in the bus since the next stop was my stop. It was stupid thinking someone you didnt know would stare at you but i felt it. Eventhough he was playing his phone, i knew i felt those glances on me. I realized that my stop was nearin and pressed the 'stop' button signalling to the driver that someone on the bus was going to alight. I went nearer to the exit as the bus started to slow down. I tapped my card and the bus door opened. I alighted and stood in the shelter. I watched as the bus drove off. Most importantly, i got a glance of him. That familiar face of him.