Hope Under The Starry Night

Lady Death

Watching_the_stars_28314_500x375theAnime

Bom came in through the window. She left it open as she knew she would be coming home late. It is always like that. The last person to die in her list is exactly at 4 am. Lucky man he is as he is surrounded by families who loved him so much. Bom knew this without checking his backgrounds. As Lady Death she can feel the happy vibes. A vibe that tingles her and always made it hard for her to take away the human's soul. This vibe will make her do her job slowly, calmly and gently as not to hurt the vibe of happiness. You can't easily throw away a gift from God. Happiness is a gift from God that even the Lady Death can't easily take it. 

When she was about to lay on her bed she heard someone knocked on her door. She opened it a slit not more than an inch. In the dark, she saw it was Seunghyun. She opened the door fully and signalled him to come in.

"What are you doing still waking up?" asked Bom as she sat on her bed. She snapped her fingers and her suit burn into ashes replaced by a pajama without revealing any of her not-supposed-to-expose-skin.

Seunghyun was a bit shocked at frirst but recovers from it quickly. "I just woke up because of a nightmare and I can't seem to fall asleep when I heard your heels clicking. I wanted to check if that was really you"

"Thanks for the concern. Hey, do you want to talk a bit? I am not sleepy yet and this is a good way to pass the time for both of us." Bom said.

"Yes, anything for my lady."

"What?"

"Uh- I mean anything for my Lady Death. I am a human and I am afraid of death so I have to treat you like a royal."

"Wow, I guess lesson learned then. You must be a slow learner that's why you can only think straight when you are not you."

"Okay, shut up. Now I am regretting this."

"Relax. I just like to be sadistic. Sarcasm is the way I delivered my jokes. It sounds polite but actually it isn't like that. If you want to blame somebody, blame Satan. He was the one who teached me these things. We lived in a same palace."

"Wai- what?" Seunghyun's heart is beating wildly. It can't be. This can't be true. "Do the Lady Death has a scandal with Satan?" Seunghyun was praying inside as he waited for the answer.

Bom burst out a laugh and she quickly covered it with her hands as not to wake up the others. "No, man. That's far more gross than having a scandal with you. Satan is a type of man that no woman want even me."

Hearing those words made Seunghyun's heart leaped with joy and made his mind form the word interesting.

"Hey Bom, I want to ask you something. "

"Shoot."

"Why can't we, the normal humans see you guys? I mean you guys always dress this flashy. I am sure even Satan like to roam around this world unless he is too ocuppied treating his guests at his palace."

"Well, if you want to know, God loves humans. He want to protect all of you from the harsh realities because He knows that humans have many other matters to solve. Many other harsh realities to face so, he sets a blind curtain over every human's eyesight."

"So, how come I can see through these curtain that you said?" 

"We, the invincibles with time have found the loopholes of these curtains. Many of us knew how to create a hole on these curtains. Every inch of these curtains hide different invincibles. Every invincibles knew which hole is theirs. I just simply put a hole on my part of the curtain that is why only people I put a hole can see me. Not everybody in the school can actually see me. If everybody can see me, my work will become a lot difficult."

"I don't understand, why won't God close it back? I am sure He have the power to do it."

"Well, he will not fix something that finally will bring back a good feedback. I think that os why He let us meet. Only God knows what He is up to. Only God can show you the  way to eternal happiness, that I can assure you."

"You are talking as if you know God too well."

"Haha. I gain my knowledge from observation and a good friend of mine."

"Tell me Bom. What do you think of the stars tonight?"

"It twinkles all the same as hope will not disappear and hope will not go dim even if it gets up to million years."

"I knew all along that there is always hope where there is faith. I always lie myself about everything. I always gave up on every task."

"Be grateful Seunghyun because as a human you have the choice to give up. You have the choice to ignore the twinkling stars. You have the choice to embrace the twinkling stars. We, the invincibles are not as lucky as you humans."

"Bom, just have faith that you have the right to choose. I know our meeting have the God's hands in it. I am sure that our meeting is about to change the mindset of humans and invincibles and lastly I believe that God is arranging an eternal happiness for us" Seunghyun looked at Bom's face which glowed under the moon's light. He got amazed and excited about what this woman will give him.

'You are beautiful, Bom. I am not going to let you out of my sight until I have reached eternal happiness with you. Oh, God please help me ease the way to you. to eternal happiness' prayed Seunghyun deep down in his heart.