Ignored

The Reckoning

"Hey! Gikwang's ditched us again!" Doojoon's   deep cry of frustration  rings out in the mini room, waking up everyone else including you. You sit up and rub your eyes and see him pointing at Gikwang's empty bed: its sheets are ruffled and  part of the blanket falls to the ground.

"Aw again?" Hyunseung groans as he gets up, observing Gikwang's bed beside his own.
"He's not gonna stop," Dongwoon says, shaking his head in disbelief.
"Is that good or bad?" you ask.
"Bad. 100% bad," answers Junhyung, neatening his bed.
"He's been ditching us for who knows how long!" Yoseob grits his teeth, flinging a pillow across the room. Dongwoon throws his favourite jacket over his shoulder. You sigh. "Why does he do this? It's annoying how he avoids and ditches us." What you say is true. Him leaving you with the other boys… it's happened so much times already that it is starting to get on your nerves. You know that something's bothering him, but it would be better if he tells you WHAT. 
"It's alright Somin." Hyunseung whispers slowly, fully dressed. He sits beside you on your bed. You feel fingers slip into your own. "Look, I know how you feel. But this will take some time to either get used to or changing it to something better. I promise you, everything will be fine. Okay?" He stares directly into your eyes. Usually he has a look of mischievousness and energy in his eyes. But not this time. This time, he has an different look. A look of care and trust. All this makes you start to like him. As if every glance at him attracts you to him. But at the same time you feel a tug inside you, trying to pull you away from him. You fight the tug, lower you head and nod. Hyunseung smiles, leaning close to you. He lifts your chin with one of his slim fingers, and lands a kiss on your cheek. You feel your skin  burn on the spot where he has kissed you. He laughs. "Come on now. You don't wanna be late for class," he adds, standing up and offering his hand. Smiling, you take his hand and say, "Don't be silly! There's still a half hour left!" He throws you your schoolbag and all six of you head out of the room, locking it and keeping it safe in your pocket.
LATER…
"Right," says Doojoon, checking his heavily designed watch strapped onto his left wrist. It is an odd kind of watch, for it has seven hands, long and short, instead of three and the numbers are replaced by slashes of gold. Diamond dots line the outer hard protective cover of the watch and emeralds almost conceal the wrist latch. All the hands are different in what they are made of. Polished turquoise, amethyst, pearl, ruby, silver, metal and copper all make out the hands, giving the watch itself an odd but unique style. In fact, the watch is so odd that you are afraid but sure that it could hardly be found anywhere in the department stores. Perhaps he has made it himself at home. You feel a sharp pang of pity on thinking how hard he has made this with so many items combined together. It is a confusing array of slashes, rare rocks and hands, but it must've made sense to Doojoon because he tucks it away safely in his coat pocket and says, "Five minutes left for start of class."
"Maybe Gikwang has beaten us to it then eh?" you add for him. "He went out early anyways." Dongwoon nods. "Yeah, since he also knows all the shortcuts and passages in the school." He shrugs. "Ya gotta love that guy."
"Darn I really don't believe you can read the time with THAT watch," says Junhyung and Yoseob together. They remain silent, then Yoseob laughs, "Jinx! Gotcha now ha!" He claps his hands gleefully then jumps excited leaps into the air like an hyperactive monkey. Junhyung pulls a grimace and throws his hands in the air, then glares at him, who sticks out his tongue. Dongwoon shakes his head. You walk with the other five members up spiral staircases and dark endless corridors lit with flaming torches. It takes a while before you reach the classroom. Within two minutes (you have no idea how so fast) you stand in front of a huge wooden door. Yoseob clutches your arm tightly. You know why; it freaks him out easily. The door stands tall and wide in a dark brown shade. Vines creep their way over and around the entrance. You start to regret choosing this school for your what-was-supposed-to-be-vacation period.
Hyunseung is the first to push open the door with a loud creak! and peek inside. You see the scruff of his neck moving as he looks around the classroom. He pops his head out. "Lucky for us the professor still isn't here," he observes. He faces the other members. "But Gikwang sure is. Check it out." He widens the door with another louder creak! a vein sticking out of his temple. That door must be heavy then, you think, helping him to widen it more. Doojoon steps inside first. "How big IS this place?!"
He has said the question you want to ask and you feel that he has done a huge favour for you. As for the answer, it was right in front of you. A classroom stands before you like you have attended a ball. The students' desks are lined in a usual grid, the rows further back higher in elevation than the rows up front. A huge chandler hangs in the middle of the room, hovering just above the teacher's desk. Lanterns, set up on the sides of the walls every few feet away from each other, light up the dark classroom dimly. Students are almost taking up the seats but slowly. Those students include Gikwang, who is again reading the texts of his chemistry book, expression scrunched up in confusion.
"Well," you say, a faint tone of annoyance shown in your voice, "here's our 'shy boy'."