First Day (Not Going So Well)

The Reckoning

You stand in front of the giant wooden door. You try to forget sorrowful moments and bring happy images to your mind.Today is the first day of your dream summer school. Infinite had wished you the best of the best luck before you had left. BoA had given you every appropriate piece of information about the school. You take a deep breath and step inside, dragging your suitcase with you.

What a rush of liveliness! You are immediately surrounded by professors and students walking and running across and around the school courtyard. Huge decorated pillars support stone slabs above your head as if you have just stepped into a temple. Walls are covered with paintings to look like those in Greece and Egypt. You stare at the place with a dropped jaw. You can't take your eyes off of such beauty. Looks like I made the correct choice in coming here, you think cheerfully.

You remember where your room is and finally found it at Floor 3 Corridor 50. You see a door with the number 120 in real gold on it. This must be it, you assure yourself and notice the door has been left slightly ajar so you push open the door and enter your room. You observe the room intently. A huge room dividing into two huge rooms had given you the largest space you have ever been given before. Seven empty beds immediately ingulf sleep around you. Several squashy armchairs weaves in and out of the beds. The bright orange color of the walls bounce off the mini lamps, shelfs and other furniture. You feel like you saw this coming somehow.

The door bangs shut. You whip around to see who closes the door but no one seems to be there. Suddenly fear grips ahold of you and chilly shivers are sent down your slim back. "It might be from outside," you mutter under your breath. You your suitcase to a corner of a room and leave it there. Then, taking off your neon jacket, you explore the rooms. It is all dead quiet. Ever since you entered the room, you have had a scary feeling that someone is watching you. And now, the feeling has badly increased. You try to forget the feeling and continue.

As you enter the second mini-room, you hear snoring. You search for where it is coming from and soon you find its source. Five men, fast asleep, were scattered around the room. One was spread on a squishy couch, two on the floor and the other two on a single armchair.  Although these men were simply sleeping, you actually think that they look super cute. They all are in angles that you can't resist; positions like a sleeping baby. The one on the couch shifts in his sleep, frowning. "He seems to have a nightmare, poor thing," you say to yourself. "I mustn't wake them up." Another sound pierces the air, a sound like something fell just as you are heading out of the mini-room to fetch your hair band. You jump in shock and turn back to the fast asleep men. Luckily, not one has woken. You sigh with intense relief.

The lights suddenly go out with a pop and a clink. This time for sure it isn't from outside the room, in fact, you start to think maybe a ghost haunts this place. You take a step back in shock then remain still as a statue. You hear shuffling all over the mini-room, sending worse chills down your back than before. Someone — or something — grabs your trembling hands and you scream  in terror. In the dark, you can make out some moving figures and you know that those were the men who were asleep. Suddenly, you feel dizzy with fright. Your senses are blurred and you fall to the ground in a dead faint.

WHAT SEEMS LIKE HOURS LATER...

You hear muffled voices, slowly clearing. You feel something brush across your forehead. You try to move, but the wind has been knocked right out of you. Mustering your energy, you finally open your eyes after what seems like a super long time. The sudden bursting of light penetrating your eyes stings them but you ignore the pain. The voices continue to clear until you are sure they are about six male voices, all sounding completely different. They seem to be aguing.

"Why did Doojoon have to plan all this?"

"Yeah! He scared the hell outta her!"

"It ain't my fault! I just wanted to have some fun!"

"You wanna have fun ALL the time hyung."

"It's about time you chill and act like a true leader."

"Sikkeureo! You woke her up!"

You suddenly feel a hand under your head,. You think you are about to be harmed, but it highers your head so you feel safe. For now. You manage to raise it and the hand slips away from you. You glance at the people, eyes still adjusting to the stinging light. You try to look for the least possible amount of time since you don't want to be rude or anything.

You are right. Six boys as estimated, all looking unusually familiar despite their irresistible faces. They reveal themselves as the famous six-boy band B2ST, and they came to this hostel to obtain their education so the school problems would leap out of their busy schedule.

"Aha!" You don't know why you just said that. All you know is a chucky-faced boy fell off of the bright red couch and hit the floor with a bam! You wince. "Sorry."

"Never mind kiddo," the boy replies, suddenly popping out from behind the couch — behind you. "Name's Yoseob. Yang Yoseob." He grins mischievously. You have a creepy feeling about this guy. Squeezing your optics tight, you mutter, "Don't do that, it's really scary." Another man besides you claps his hands. You hear him say, "See?! I TOLD you to stop that evil stare of yours! But of course you won't listen." He crosses his arms.

"That's because you don't go serious with us, Doojoon," a third man says. Yoseob sticks out his tongue at Doojoon. He turns to you. "By the way, I'm Son Dongwoon. Maknae–" He is pushed off and is replaced by two similar looking boys. You have a bad feeling about them too.

"Yong Junhyung!" says one of them.

"Jang Hyunseung!" adds the other.

"We are the B2ST twins!" Their voice rang out at once, grabbing you off balance and you fall back onto the couch. Luckily for you, Yoseob is behind you and catches you safely. His arms slither around your torso. He leans towards you and whispers, "you okay?" and you nod, then quietly study his face. It is so close to yours. He looks straight into your eyes, heat pouring into your face. You feel that you want to look away from him, but you also felt that you don't want to stop.

"We forgot to introduce someone!"

A voice snaps you out of your daze. And apparently Yoseob too. He blinks hard twice, gasps and lets go of you. You manage to balance yourself as you sit straight on the couch. Yoseob does the same and glances at you for a moment, then looks at Doojoon.

"That pipsqueak over there is Lee Gikwang," continues Doojoon, jerking his thumb to yet a sixth man. That man was on the farthest armchair in the room, curled up into a ball, staring at his hands intently but expressionless. A jet black scar slashes his face from his forehead, down his left eye and ends at his chin. Yo wonder how did it get there? Perhaps it's just a tattoo for style. He doesn't appear to be hearing anything Doojoon is saying. "He's gonna be quiet the first few days you will be here. No worries, we experienced this before." He winks at you.

"Aish you guys look so much like each other." You don't know why you said that for the second time; this habit drives you crazy at times. You are comparing Gikwang and Doojoon, but Junhyung and Hyunseung thought wrong by accident. "HA! She likes me, she likes me," Hyunseung chants in a rather childish sort of way. Junhyung stands up quicker than lightning. "No, she likes ME!" he argues and tries in vain to catch Hyunseung who is prancing out of Junhyung's reach around the room like a monkey.

"Would someone mind telling me what's going on?" you ask quietly, lowering your head so noone can see that you are blushing.

"Not a little!" replies Yoseob. "I'll explain everything so don't you worry!" He grins. You shiver.