Admission

The Reckoning

You wake up to a piercing alarm. You are still hidden in your flowered blankets and blindly reach your hand over to the alarm fuse and press hard on it. You reveal your head from the blankets and look at the time. Seven in the morning it said. You wonder how did time fly by so quickly just by sleeping. You shake off the blankets and walk to the bathroom. You wash your face, wipe it with a towel then stare at your reflection. It is the same as it is every morning; short, brown, ruffled hair, large sleepy green eyes and red lips. You never put on makeup but everyone compliments about your healthy and beautiful looks. You hear the bedroom door open.

"Somin?" you hear Woohyun inquire. You come out of the bathroom, fully dressed in your colorful top under a neon jacket and shorts.

"I'm here Woohyun," you say. He appears from behind the bed and walks to you. You notice that he is still in his night pyjamas. He hugs you in the same light way from the day before. "Good morning Somin," he says gently as you both let go and trugde downstairs. You see the other members eating stacked pancakes around the table and BoA making another two piles for you and Woohyun. You settle between him and the finally awake Sungyeol. "Aha Sungyeol's up from his bed!" you say. "How did you guys do it?" L swallows a piece of his pancake and replies cheerfully, "Your alarm! Thanks to it it worked!" He smiles.

"We put the alarm next to his ear quietly and waited till it sounded," adds Dongwoo, sipping some orange juice. "You should've seen his expresion! He was like—" he pulls the weirdest face, wide eyes and jaw dropped, then you all laugh. Sungyeol shivers. "If it weren't for him only THEN I would've gone through anyone's longest sleep!" he complains. BoA sniggers her young snigger. "I was right then about yesterday!"

"What's with all the laughter nowadays?! It's not the end of the world just yet is it?!" Sunggyu clutches his head as if in pain. Hoya stares at you and sends you a telepathy message. Let's play a joke on him, pretending it IS the end of the world, he thinks and you nod in mischief.

"Actually, Sunggyu," you say, winking, "it is today in the evening. Eight in the evening." Sunggyu screams in fright. All is silent, then again laughter. "I can't believe you take it THIS seriously dude! It isn't today!" you laugh. Sunggyu frowns and stomps upstairs, muttering, "Ha ha ha, very funny." L shakes his head in disbelief. "Wow, he's really fumed now!" he predicts. BoA fetches some papers from a shelf behind you. She clears and the room goes silent.

"Somin," she announces, "I have sent your marks to your dream summer school hostel for you. You're accepted! The staff never knew anyone with hundreds all over!" Cheers erupt all around you. Woohyun hugs you again and L pecks you on your cheek. "Well done!" Sungjong booms. Hoya, Sungyeol and Dongwoo beam at you.

"The start of the first one-month term will be next week. You have enough time to prepare for the first day," BoA continues, reading off a piece of parchment. She looks up from it and grins. "I'm vey proud of you, Somin."

The next week passes by slowly but fun. You and Infinite have fun in your room, throwing pillows and telling ghost stories in the dark. You even try to impress Sunggyu by standing on your hands and walking that way. You work on your super huge painting of a still shot from Infinite after their concert, holding victory signs and grinning broadly. You finish the last touches and admire it from a view. It looked so real, you think. You figure out that Infinite would surely love it.

On the day before the first day of summer school hostel, you can't sleep. You are hyper and jump around the room. Poor L tries to get you to sleep like father to a son. He pushes you into bed and tries to pull the blankets over you but you are too fast for him. "Can't you stay still?" says Dongwoo. All the other members sat on the ground, helplessly staring at L. You stop to catch your breath behind Hoya. "No I can't," you reply between heavy panting then continue running from the already exhausted L.

"How in the world does she defy science's energy law?!" L slumps onto a wall and slides to the carpeted floor.

"Cuz she's still a kid!" Sunggyu answers, shaking his head. "See, you waste energy trying to catch her. You have to use your TONGUE in order for it to work properly. Observe." He stands up on his numb, wobbly legs, he crosses his arms and calls out at the top of his voice: "GET TO BED YA SOMIN!" You freeze in your tracks in front of him. Then, imitating a robot, you stride to your bed, pull the blankets over your head and fake snores. L lets out a sigh of intense relief. He wipes his sweating forehead.

"Wow!" he explains. "That's a job well done hyung!" He dawdles over to Sunggyu and collapses on him. "Thanks! You're a live saver!" Sunggyu pats L's back while saying, "It's nothing! Now you should sleep as well! You look beat!" L nodded and headed out of the room. "You too! Up you get!" Sunggyu helps each member to his feet then leads them out of your room. Sunggyu is the last to leave and before switching off the lights he makes sure you are asleep. Your fake snoring has stopped, and soft breathing has replaced it. He kisses your cheek, mutters "Good Night sis," and leaves, turning off the lights and closing the door with a faint thud.