Chapter 6

Everything comes with a price
Daehyun parked the car on the side of the road in front of your house. Both of you alighted and walked to the door. Daehyun reached for the keys in his pocket and unlocked the door. You followed him as he entered the house.
 
Without further thinking-and knowing what to do- both of you walked to the master room. Daehyun reached for his bag on top of the closet and you started to pack his clothes-and yours too. 

As you were packing, Daehyun stood still by your side, watching you. He's studying your face, your expression, everything. Isn't she scared ?, these words kept wandering in his mind. Just as much as he wanted to hug you and say that he is fine, but he couldn't. Why ? Because he doesn't want to lie to you. And at the same time, he doesn't want to let you know that he's scared. Scared to death.  

Daehyun took a step towards you and backhugged his wife. Your hands that were busy packing his stuff were now frozen. The way he's acting is totally weird and awkward at the same time. And you could sense the fear inside him.
 
"I know you're scared. I am too." You said to him. Slowly you dropped your hands and touched his. You pat his hands as a sign of reassurance. 

"I just want to hug you and say that I love you. I love you sweetheart." He whispered to your ear and laid a kiss on your cheek. 

"It's not like the end of the world okay, honey ?" You turn your head to him and squeezed his cheeks with your palms-making his face like a fish. 

"Okay okay. Fishy promise to not be like this again." With a loud laugh, you dropped your hands and continued putting his boxers inside the bag.

"I think we are done. Let's go." 
"Don't you want to pack some food ?" He questioned with his rounded eyes.
"They have plenty at the hospital okay."
"Shirheo. I hate hospital food."
"You are a grown adult Jung Daehyun. Eat what they'll give you !" Daehyun hugged his body as a sign of NO. 
"Okay... I'll go pack some." You purposely let out a loud sigh and went to the kitchen. Daehyun smiled slightly and it caught your eyes but you ignored him. He followed you from behind with his bag. 

You opened the food cabinet and stuff the bag with his favourites-almost everything. You looked up to him and squinted your eyes.

"Happy?" You raised your eyebrow.
"Very!" Daehyun shouted with full joy.
"Let's go." You pulled the zip and Daehyun hung it on his shoulder. You walked up to him and cling your hand in his-just like you did when both of you walked down the aisle.

***
 
"I just need to run some tests today. I hope for the best for you, Mr. Jung." And with that, Dr. Lee left the room. 

"Well. It's not so scary after all." You said to him.
"You think I'm scared?!" 
"Hmm. YES."
"Well you are damn right." 
"See ! Hahaha !" You laughed loudly, hoping it will blow away his fear. All of a sudden there's a knock on the door. The door opened and a nurse came in with a silver tray-and a needle on it.

"Excuse me but I need to take your blood." She said softly. Both of you nodded and she went to Daehyun's side. Daehyun's face had changed and it was really funny for you. 'Daehyun is scared of needles'. You kept repeating the words inside your head. 

'"Stay still." The nurse said as she inject the needle in his flesh.
 
Without he noticed, he was squeezing your hand-maybe passing the pain to you, who knows. Your hand was in pain but you kept your mouth shut. When the nurse pulled the needle out, Daehyun released your hand and you're gasping for air-you never knew he was THIS strong. 

"Thank you for your cooperation. I'll excuse myself then." The nurse said and left the room. 

"THIS!" You raised your hand-which was red at that time-to his face. 
"And why is your hand red ?" He was dumbfounded.
"Well. Unfortunately, you squeezed my hand so freaking hard and it turned out like this. Are you that scared ?" 
"Wow. I'm sorry. And yes. Needles are scary. Needles can kill me."
"Needles this needle that. Hungry ?"

***
 
The clock striked 10 o'clock and you're lying on the sofa while Daehyun was on his bed. It had just been half an hour since you're asleep but your neck felt stiff. At that hour, Daehyun was still wide awake. He was watching you from his bed. 

"I know your neck is stiff by now." He said calmingly.
"No. I'm okay." You looked back at him with a smile-trying not to burden him.
"Come here." He adjusted his body on the bed so that you would fit next to him. 
"I said I'm okay. You need to sleep." You said as you laid your hand under your head, trying to make it comfortable for you. Without you noticed, Daehyun carefully climbed down the bed and walked towards you-along with the IV fluid.
 
"I told you to sleep with me. And now you're making me doing this." Daehyun held the IV fluid between his teeth and bent over to you. He scooped you inside his arms and carried you to the bed. 

"Yah Jung Daehyun ! You are warded ! Stop doing this thing !" You shook your body, trying to fight against him. But as expected, you could never win over him. Daehyun totally ignored you and placed you on the bed. 

"It would be much easier if you listened to me in the first place, don't you think ?" He walked to the other side of the bed and hung the IV fluid as he said that. Daehyun then climbed up the bed and lied down.    

"Yeah. I guess I can never win against you." You said, feeling defeated. Eventhough the bed was small for both of you, but its better than the sofa right ?
 
"Close your eyes and think of something nice. Goodnight my love." Daehyun whispered to your ear and placed his hand on your waist. 

"Goodnight." You kissed him on the cheek.