Chapter 1

Everything comes with a price

                       *2 years ago*
 
" Youngjae-ah, I know you can help me with this. Should I marry her?" Daehyun spoke softly as if he's talking about his biggest secret. He was holding a small silver diamond ring, the one that can make your heart stop. Obviously he is not hundred percent positive in this.

"Why not. She's the one you'll love until you die." Youngjae, Daehyun's only best friend, was trying to convince him to marry you.

"But both of us know very well that my eyes aren't like they were before !" Daehyun raised his voice.

"I know, Daehyun-ah. There must be a donor in this world. Just don't stop praying. Your girlfriend, does she know about this ?"

"No." Daehyun slid his ring in his pocket and buried his face in his palm. "She'll never know" he murmured under his breath.
 
***
 
Autumn is dissappearing with the cool wind from the winter that had settled in. The leaves are dead on the road and the trees are looking old and gloomy. Everything about winter is gloomy. It's a good thing that there's someone  keeping you happy and alive. You raise the back of your palm and trace the cold shiny diamond ring. Your lips are pulled and form a sweet smile as your head are flooded with the memories of you and your husband, Jung Daehyun. You can still recall the moments you had with him for the last 3 years. 


For the first time in your life, you feel very content and satisfied with your decision. You know that he's going to be your soulmate since the first time you laid your eyes on him. You slid off the marriage ring from your finger and the initial at the bottom of the ring shines.        
        'Mine'

 
"What are you doing ?" a sweet voice call you out. Daehyun approach you on the sofa and take you in his embrace. Your head naturally rests on his broad shoulder amd he intertwine his long manly finger between yours. Fits perfectly. 

"Nothing much. Just taking in the gloomy winter you know." you said as he slid the ring back down your finger. 

"Don't ever remove this, okay?" Daehyun lowers his head and whisper in your ear. You turn your head around and met his gaze. The look in your eyes is enough to reassure him that nothing is going to make you remove that special ring from your finger. 

"Jagiya.."

"Mm ?"

"I'm hungry."
 
"Yeah, I thought so" you give him a peck on his cheek. Enough to make him go crazy. 

"I'll make you a sandwich. Is that alright?" Daehyun just nods and release you from his embrace. You got up and straightened your shirt. You make your way to the kitchen and opened the fridge. 

"Food, food and more food" you mumbled to yourself. Married to Jung Daehyun is like married to food. You took out two piece of sliced roasted chicken, mayonnaise and some lettuce. You put them on the table and grabbed his favorite sandwich bread on the shelf nearby. 

"Is it done already ?" Daehyun asked.
"Be patieeeeeeent, yeobo" you smiled at him. 
   
You took out a plate and a breadknife from the cabinet and spread some mayo on his bread. You layered the roasted chicken with some lettuce on the bread and it's done. 

" Here you go " you pushed the plate across the table. 

"Thank you, yeobo" he grinned. Daehyun pulled the chair and sat down. You, too followed him and sat next to him. You watched your husband ate and giggled at how funny and how big his mouth can be when he's eating. Daehyun caught you red handed and you turned away, embarrassed.

"Wae ?" He put on a pout. 
"What's with the pout ?!" You giggled.
"What's with the stare?!" He shouted back at you.    
"I didn't know that your mouth can be that big, yeobo"
"Well, this big mouth made you fall for me right ?" He squint his eyes.
"Well, you wanna see how big my mouth is ?" You squint your eyes back.

 
You unhesitatedly open your mouth as big as you can and suddenly Daehyun stuffed his sandwich in your mouth. 

" YEOBO!" you shouted.
"I guess your mouth is bigger, jagiya. Haha. Half of my sandwich fit in there." Daehyun gave a peck on your upper lip and took the plate to the sink and washed it.

Your cheeks are blushed and your mouth is full. You try to chew everything and it slowly went down your throat. 
         
"Here you go" Daehyun handed you a glass of water. 
"Gomawo yeobo" you smiled despite your full mouth. 
"Aigoo, my wife is soooo cute!" He pinched your cheeks as hard as he can that made you shout till the top of your lungs.
"Yeobo.. that hurts." You rubbed your red cheeks and made a pout to gain sympathy. Daehyun giggled from behind you and he bent his body forward. His face is just an inch from yours. Daehyun lightly kissed your red cheeks and twirled his hands around your neck.
                                
"Thanks for the sandwich" he whispered.
You just smiled and gulped down the last piece.
"You do enjoy flipping my heart don't you" you traced his manly hands and turn your face around. You leaned your forehead against his and look deep into his eyes.
"Close your eyes" you spoke softly. Daehyun did as he told and you slowly kissed on his cheeks. 

" I can flip your heart like you flip mine, yeobo" you said as Daehyun opened his eyes and smiled sheepishly. You pat his cheeks softly and he stood up straight.
 
"What do you wanna do next?" Daehyun asked. You stood on your feet and cling on to his arm.   

"Well, its almost 7. I want to take a shower. This cold winter is making me sleepy, yeobo" you rubbed your eyes and leaned your head on his arm-cause he's too tall for you to lean on his shoulder. 

Daehyun looked at your face and copied. 
"Why are you copying me !" You hit his chest lightly with a smile. 
"Okay okay I'll stop. Go take a shower. I want to watch the news for a while, okay?" He said and kissed your head. You just nod and released his arm as you walked to your bedroom.
 
As soon as you're in your bedroom, you grabbed your towel and headed to the bathroom, just beside the make-up table. Few minutes later, you walked out of the bedroom and put on a cute pyjama. It was so cold that night-even with the  heater - so you decided to go to bed. 

"Daehyun is still watching the news. I'll just go to bed" you murmured to yourself as you could hear the weatherman on television in your bedroom. Few minutes later, you'd dozzed off to your dreamland. 

Not long after that, Daehyun came into the bedroom and saw you sleeping on the bed.

"You must be tired, huh" his heart whispered. He just smiled at you and enter the bathroom to take a shower.
 
Few minutes later, Daehyun walked out of the bedroom and put on his sleeping attire. He switched off the lights and climbed on to bed. He turned his body towards his wife, his face and your face were facing each other. Daehyun reached out his hand and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. He watched as you sleep and that made his lips pulled into a smile. That sweet smile that you'll always love and will never grow old.    

Daehyun traced his finger on your forehead,  going down your eyes, your nose and your lips. For him, everything about you is perfect. The moonlight peaked through the glass window shone on your face, making it more radiant in the dark. As Daehyun studied your face, he spoke softly, making sure that he don't wake you up.
 
"People aren't always perfect. God gave us something to be proud of and something to hide. Life is all about give and take." 

"It's not you. It's me." He added. Daehyun slowly moved closer to you and gently kissed your forehead, like he always do. His heart shattered everytime he thought about his luck. For the last 3 years, you'd always said that both of you will grow old together and watch your children run around the house, and fight over the channel on television. But now, all of that seems impossible. And it hurt him so much that he couldn't make that come true for his one and only love. 

"I am so sorry." He whispered and kissed your forehead. Daehyun closed his eyes, unwilling to break your heart. Unwilling to shatter your dream into pieces. Unwilling to live without you by his side when he grow old.