Chapter 4

Everything comes with a price
"How is it ?" Daehyun asked, his face filled with excitement. 

"Too much sugar !!" You cringed.
 
"Hmph. I'll never make you one again." He took a sip of his coffee.

"It's a pity."
"What is ?"
"You." You sighed.
"Me ?"   
"Yeah. You only know how to eat. You can't even make tea."
"That's why I marry you." Daehyun pinched your nose. 
"I know." You turned your head around and exchange the cups. 
"That's mine !" 
"WAS yours. And now it's mine !" You winked. 
"Of course. You're that kind of girl. Aigoo." Daehyun sighed and drank your tea instead.
"Ahh. Too much sugar." He cringed, too. You gulped down the coffee in your mouth and laughed loudly. 
"Told you so." You gave him a wink. Daehyun looked at you dumbfounded and begged you to give his coffee back.
 
"I want my coffeeeeeeee." He said like a 10 year old. Daehyun shook your hand and acccidently spilled the coffee on your hand. 

"Ahhh  !" You screamed.
"I am soooo sorry ! Does it hurts ? Let me see." Daehyun took the coffee off your hand and placed both cups on tje coffee table. 

"At least its not that serious." He said as he examined your arm. You watched him as he rushed to the kitchen to wet a towel and came back to your side. Daehyun pulled up your sleeves and pat the wet towel on your arm. 

"I'm sorry." You said to Daehyun. He looked up and met your eyes.
"I'm the one who's supposed to apologize. Why are you sorry ?" He voice soften.
 
"I feel bad for you. For us, actually. You can take care of me when I get hurt. But, I can't do the same thing. That makes me sad. I feel like I'm letting you down." Your eyes portrayed a hint of your sadness.    
"Don't feel sorry. It's not your fault. To make you feel better, there's already a donor. These eyes are going to get fixed !" He's trying to cheer you up. 
"Really ? That takes the weight off from my shoulder." Your face lightened.
"I'm glad you're happy." Daehyun smiled and hugged you tightly. 

***

"What do you wanna do after this?" Daehyun asked you during dinner. Both of you were having jajjangmyeon, which he bought earlier from his favourite Korean restaurant. 

"I wanna play in the snow." You slurped down the black noodles.
 
"At night ?!" His eyes were round, almost popping out in his bowl.

"Let me be a kid once. Please." You begged him with a cute pout. Daehyun squinted his eyes at you as a green light. You jumped up and down on your seat, surely you couldn't contain your excitement to yourself. Daehyun slurped down the black noodle with a smile on his face. 

***

"Wow ! It's snowing ! Woooooow !" You screamed and jumped in the front yard like a 3 year old girl. 

"Wooooo !" Daehyun screamed too. He throwed his hands in the air and let the cold of the winter hugged him. While he was enjoying the cold, you squated on the ground and gather some snow in your palms.
 
"Jagiya~" he said cutely. Just as you turned your head up from your snowball in your palm, Daehyun's snowball kissed your forehead. 

"Ahhh !" You moved your head from side to side to shake the cold off of your small head. You acted like you're injured and purposely dropped your body on the thick snow. 

"Are you okay ?!" Daehyun rushed to your side and knelt down. 

"Perfect moment" your heart whispered.
Without second thought, you quickly grabbed as much snow as you can with your fingers and throwed them on Daehyun's face. 

"Gotcha !" You laughed loudly at his misery as Daehyun looked down. Defeated. 

"Come here you !" Daehyun laid down on the snow and grabbed both your hands, locking them-afraid that you'll attack him again. Daehyun rolled his body with you on the chilly snow covered ground. Both of you laughed like there's no tomorrow and just enjoy the moment, without any worries. 

"Aren't you cold?" Daehyun stopped rolling and brought you closer to him. He let your head rest on his brand new muscular arm. 

"No. Cause you're always there to warm me up."
 
Daehyun smiled upon hearing your words. 

"Jagiya..."
"What ?" You looked up into his eyes.
"I think I just ripped my pants." He said, not feeling guilty at all.
"Again ?! Yah, how many times did you ripped your pants this year ?" You hit his chest hard, venting your anger. 
"Well... let's just hope none of our children ripped their pants, okay?" He winked at you. You smiled back at him, really hoping that that will be his last time ripping his pants off.

"Let's go inside. It's getting late don't you think ?" Daehyun asked. You nodded and both of you stood up. Daehyun brushed off the snow on your jacket and held your hand as both of you walked inside together, side by side.
 
***
 
It's already midnight and both of you were under the thick blanket-as Daehyun prefers. You turned your head and looked at his face. On his face was clearly written that he's worrying over something. And that "something" was definitely about his eyes.  

"What's wrong ?" You held his hand and squeezed it. 

"Nothing. Really." He brushed off the worriness from his face with his smile. 

"Don't lie. I know you very well."   

"Okay fine. Tomorrow I'm supposed to go and meet Dr. Lee. It's about my eyes." His face sullen.     

"Are you scared ?" 

"A bit." He looked away.

"Do you want me to come?" You offered.
 
"Please." His voice cracked at the end of the word.

"Okay then. I will." You smoothened his crooked forehead and smiled at him. You know that he's scared. And to be honest, you're scared too. But you tried your best to build a defensive wall against that fear for your one and only husband. Because right now, you are his only strength that he can hold on to. The one that brings smile to his face. The one who understands him even if the whole world turn its back to him. And that person is you.      

"Goodnight. I love you. So much." Daehyun hugged you and kissed on top of your head. You don't know how strong he'd felt afterwards. 

"I love you too. Goodnight." You kissed his chest softly. 

***