Chapter 1

Loving You Again

"And... before you really die, I'll give you a chance..."

"What do you mean?"

"I will give you a chance to relive your life ... which means that you have a choice between death and turning back the time." "Turning back the time?"

"Yes... And that I mean... You have to return to the time before the two of you met, before the two of you loved and this second round of loving him again, would not be as easy. You'd have to sacrifice something. And... trust me, it would be hard for you."

"I don't care. I'm willing to. I don't care if he forgets me but I'm just willing to give up my love for him in exchange for his success, his happiness and his life."

"Interesting. And let me tell you, this is a one-way choice. There is no turning back and regrets."

 

I sat up slowly and looked at my surroundings. I grabbed my head and asked myself, "Am in the hospital?"

I looked at the calendar on the table, which said... 6 February 2008. I sighed as I allowed whatever that happened sink in. *So it wasn't fake when he died in front of my eyes. So does that mean he's fine right now?*

The door of my ward opened, revealing my mother. She ran over and checked me, hugging me afterwards. "I found the fainted you in our yard. Dear, is there anything wrong? Are you feeling fine now?"

"Yeah, I'm fine, umma. Don't worry." I smiled as I pulled away. "And how long did I lie here?" 

"A day?" She thought for a while before answering, "And I was so worried. I thought you were going to leave me, Juyeon-ah. It was so scary."

"Umma..." I whispered.

"I think I can get out of the hospital, umma," I continued, "I'm really fine."

She nodded, standing up and patted my head. She then walked out to handle the necessary procedures. I started to think about what the old man told me. *What did he mean by 'sacrificing something that would be hard on me'?*

Returning back home, I arranged my stuff in place, laid on my bed and fell into a deep slumber soon after.

 

--

 

October 20th 2013

"Oh! Jinki oppa!" I beamed as I saw Jinki at the door. He smiled, as he pulled me in and planted a kiss on my forehead, "Happy birthday, Juyeon. I love you."

"Thank you!" I pulled away and pecked his lips, chuckling afterwards.

The shock on his face was so apparent, but he kind of looked like a cute love-struck puppy there. He was so squishy-ingly cute. Afterwards, he went into my house and he placed the cake that he got me on the table, while I got the lighter.

When I got back, he was already done with the candles. And... when we lit up the candles, he started to sing a Happy Birthday song for me. His voice was so soothing, and so nice to hear. "

Thank you, Jinki oppa. I love you too." I smiled at him, after blowing out all the candles. After finishing the cake, and while I washing up my plate, Jinki came to the kitchen and gave me a backhug. "Let's go somewhere, shall we? Its been a while since we went back there."

"Sure," I chuckled, "But wait till I finish washing up."

He pulled away and walked next to me, taking the plate away. "Let me wash it for you, silly birthday girl. You're not supposed to do anything today."

"But its my plate," I pouted.

"No," He smiled cheekily, "Let me do it for you. Just for today. You will go do something more important, like preparing for our date?"

"Okay~" I hummed, "Happy washing, Jinki!"

"Alright," He answered.

 

...

 

We got onto Jinki's car afterwards and he drove to somewhere, which I clearly not know where. "You're not gonna kidnap me, are you?" I joked.

He frowned, and said, "How do you know that? But I thought I long kidnapped this girl, and locked her in my heart." 

"Oh my gosh, Lee Jinki," I scoffed, laughing afterwards, "Where did you learn all these?! Did you learn from the grease master, Woohyun? Aka Key's bestie of all times."

"Well, you can say so. When he came over to our dorm, I asked him to teach me a bit." He chuckled. "Isn't it cute? He said a lot of girls said it was cute."

"I knew it. That guy." I rolled my eyes and sighed, "And Jinki oppa, it is not cute. You don't have to say cute stuff to be cute you know. You're always radiating with cuteness."

"Its your turn to be greasy now! Hah!" He retorted.

After a while, we reached the place that he wanted to bring me to. I gaped, "Isn't this the park, a.k.a, the place we first met and the place where we .... got together?"

"Yes," He softened, "It is. This is the place where we had our first meeting - a picnic with Jihye. And the place where I confessed to you."

He got down the car and walked over to open mine. We then took a stroll around the park, realizing how much it changed within this 5 years. We hadn't been there for quite long and man, it sure became more beautiful. Especially, when its fall now.

He then led me to the exact spot where he confessed to me. And he pulled me in for a long embrace, of which he told me:

"I know... its only 5 years since we met but these 5 years... were kind of like my happiest days. With you beside me, I didn't feel lonely and I didn't feel afraid of any stress which I couldn't withstand.

You were like my happy pill. You still are and you'll continue to have that special place in my heart.

There were times whereby my career was at the lowest with all the hiatuses, but you stuck with me and encouraged me to not stop walking forward.

You taught me how to love and you were the one who taught me how to love another person. And I'm more than sure that you are the one that I want to spend the rest of my life with."

He then pulled out a box from his blazer. 

He kneeled down, with the box opened, revealing a ring in it. "Will you marry me, Han Juyeon?" I was tearing up at what he was actually doing. He actually proposed to me on my birthday. I was so touched and happy that I couldn't explain them through mere words. I nodded and pulled him up for a long hug. "I will. I will. I will."

He then patted my head in a soothing fashion. "Don't cry. Smile, Juyeon. Smile."

"Babo," I croaked, "I'm too happy that's why."

...

 

Jinki and I were on the way home. He was driving me back before his next schedule and the both of us were really happy in the car.

I laughed, "You got me off guard there, you know?"

"Yeah I know," He chuckled. Out of nowhere, there was a incoming vehicle - a big truck and it was driving towards us.

"Oppa, watch out!" I shouted.

Jinki made an emergency turn and his car went banging into the road kurb, which was apparently, a slightly steep slope. When I opened my eyes, I saw the windscreen of the car broken into smithereens and Jinki was lying motionless in front of me.

"Jinki-yah," I called out as I shook his body, trying to wake him up.

"A-are y-you f-fine?" He asked, stammering.

His body was covered with blood and... he looked so pale. It was like as if he could leave me anytime.

"Please wait for the paramedics, oppa," I said as I cried, "Please."

"I'm sorry I can't give you the happiness that you need," Jinki said, his eyes closing, "I'm sorry for making you cry on your birthday..."

"Please don't leave, oppa," I screamed uncontrollably, "Oppa... Please... Don't be like this to me. Please... Wake up."

 

 

 

--

 

I jumped up from my bed, breaking out in cold sweat. I sat up and sighed in relief, knowing that he was fine right now. And I had to find a way not to meet him. And to avoid him for as long as I can.