D-6

Countdown To Christmas Eve

A blonde haired man is walking cheerfully as he left his apartment building. It's cold outside, and he has work until 8 pm, and his hurts like hell, but he's still happy anyway. The reason of his happiness is a brown fluffy scarf around his neck, the one that Kai made especially for him. With this scarf, I think I can beat the whole world, he thinks as he smiles dumbly.

On the other side, a brown haired man just woke up and now lazily washes his face. He's tired and the thought of him has to work double today makes him exhausted. You see, he actually only has to work for 5 hours today, but since he decided to take a day off last night -which he didn't regret at all because Sehun is so amazing last night- he has to work for 10 hours. Ten. From 1 pm to 11 pm.

He groans at the thought once again and walks out of the bathroom. He actually could've sleep for another hour or two, because it's only 8 in the morning, but he has a lot to do today and he can't ruin it. Nobody can. Not even the comfy bed he has.

Today's going to be a long day, he thinks as he stretches his muscles.

***

Sehun unlocks the front door and walks into the darkness. He turns on the lights while humming a song with his not-so-pretty voice. After he finished locking all the windows, he walks into his room.

And he screamed.

Not loudly, though. But still, he screamed, like a fifteen-year-old drama queen from the soap opera.

But why wouldn't he? Anybody would be shocked if they found a stunning, shining and colourful christmas tree in their room.

A freaking Christmas Tree.

He doesn't even realised that they didn't have any tree although there's only less than a week before Christmas.

He walks slowly to the tree, afraid that it'll missing somehow if he's too excited. He touches the green ornaments, the jingle bells, the plastic candy canes and gingerbreads, and the shining yellow star lovingly. Tears slowly stream down his pale face. He bites his lower lip as he thanks God for giving him a super perfect boyfriend like Kai. He sits down beside the tree, still petrified by its beauty. Then he finds a paper on a green coloured box with a familiar handwriting on it.

Dear my dearest Sehun,

It's almost Christmas and both of us haven't got the time to go shopping for tree, well, actually it's you who haven't got the time, you're waaay to busy. I don't want to spend Christmas without any tree, so I went ahead and bought one. Do you like it? I did the decoration on my own and I'm pretty proud of myself. You should too. I hope you do like the tree. I hate the way I feel so insecure about everything I do when it comes to you. What have you done to me, Oh Sehun? Have you brainwashed me and turned me into a romantic and pathetic love strucked dude?

Oh, and without any tree, where am I supposed to put my gift for you? That's right, I have another gift for you, under the tree. Your very welcome, I love you too. I'm sorry if it doesn't suit your taste, but I think it should have suit your taste, because I know you very well. See? I'm being insecure again. . You know, sometimes I'm afraid I love you too much that you'll grow sick of me and ask me to die, which I might do because I'm so in love with you that I'd do whatever you want me to do. I can see you fake puking over there, so I'll stop before you throws up for real.

I'll be home at 11 tonight so don't bother waiting for me. I know you're dead tired because last night is one of the craziest night we've ever had. Yet. But I'll wake you up anyway, because I can't sleep before I managed to make that pale face of yours red. I know, I'm a ert thanks to you.

I didn't have any intention to make the note this long, but hey, what do you know? The power of love makes me feel melancholic all of the sudden.

Much love,

Kai.

For the second time, tears stream down Sehun's gorgeous face as he finished the letter. He takes the present and carefully opens the box.

It's a coat.

A long dark brown warm coat.

But it's not just any coat from any store; it's a coat that Sehun once asked Kai to bought for him, but since Kai is a total cheapskate, he refused to buy it because it's too expensive for him. Sehun pulls out the coat and brings it to his chest.

"I think I'm the one who love Kai too much. One gift, and he already makes my heart goes wild and the butterflies in my stomach go nuts," he murmured.

***

Kai slowly opens the bedroom door and smiles when he sees his lover sleeping peacefully while hugging the coat he received  from the latter. Soon after he finished his bath, he lies on the bed next to Sehun's sleeping figure and pecks his lips gently. The blonde's eyes opened slowly.

"Kai?" He whispered.

"Hey, dearest. Do you like my present?"

Sehun nods sleepily, not fully awake.

"Good," Kai sighed as he kissed Sehun's forehead lovingly. He takes the coat from Sehun's hands and throws it away carelessly.

"Emh, Kai?" Sehun called out.

"Hm?"

"Next time, I want to decorate the tree with you. I don't care how busy I am, I just want to decorate the tree with you. You see, even though the tree is drop dead gorgeous, I think I would love it more if I get to decorate it with you," he muttered while smiles sincerely to Kai.

Kai's heart just exploded.

He hugs his boyfriend a bit too tight as he tries hard to calmed down his heart.

"God, Sehun, what can I do without you?" He sighed. The latter only hugs him back and goes back to his sleep.

Five days to go, Kai said to himself before joining his boyfriend to their dreamland.


Too short? Too lame? Duh, sorry~ I still have exams so I can't think properly :<

Sorry for any mistakes and thank you for reading. Comments are welcomed!