D-4

Countdown To Christmas Eve

"It's only for a day, Sehun. You've got work to do, so you won't feel lonely at all."

"I'll feel lonely at night! There'll be no you to hug me and tell me that I've done such a great work today. I can't sleep without your arms around me, you know that well," Sehun whines.

"But this is really important, Sehunnie. I could get a raise, and you know how that'll help us. We can live a better life," Kai tells his naggy boyfriend.

Sehun pouts. "I don't need anything more than this. And I work too, you know."

Kai rolls his eyes dramatically. "I don't want to be apart from you either," he mutters.

Sehun groans and hugs Kai tightly, doesn't want him to go. "I really hate you. You're the one who turns me into a total mess whenever you're not right beside me. You purposedly make me can't live without you. You make me love you too much," he mumbles.

***

This morning, Sehun woke up only to find the bed next to him completely empty. It pissed him off, because one of the thing he loves the most is waking up finding his boyfriend next to him.

"Kai?" He called out.

"I'm in the bathroom. Wait a second, I'm almost done," Kai replied from the bathroom.

A few good minutes passed, and Kai finally got out of the bathroom. To Sehun's surprise, Kai was wearing a suit.

"Are you going somewhere?" he asked, eyeing his super gorgeous boyfriend.

"Yeah," Kai replied as he kissed the tip of Sehun's nose.  The younger kissed him on his lips in return.

"I'm going to go with my colleagues. We have a meeting with an important client in China," he continued.

"What? China is like, miles and miles away from here. Are you leaving for a couple of days?" Sehun asked in surprise.

"I'll be back tomorrow night, maybe, if everything's going well."

"WHAT?!"

"Well, it could be longer, though,"

"NO WAY!"

***

So that's why Sehun's whining like a baby right now, begging Kai to stay.

"I'm so sorry Sehun," Kai says as he kisses his boyfriend's cheeks over and over again.

It's actually not a big deal for other people since it's oly going to take a couple of days, but Sehun and Kai never been apart for more than 12 hours. Of course they're going nuts.

"I know," Sehun sighs. "I'm being over dramatic, so I'm sorry too. But it's just, well, I can't imagine going home tonight without you to greet me. Oh, what have you done to me, Kai?" he groans as he buries his face on Kai's neck. The older chuckles and kisses the younger's temple.

"You'll be okay. We both will be okay," he says.

Then his cellphone rings.

"Oh shoot, they're here already. I gotta go, Sehunnie. Please take care," Kai says. He kisses Sehun's lips passionately, doesn't want to be apart from those tasty pink lips, but to his disappointment, he has to. Sehun groans when Kai let go.

"I'll try. You too, Kai, take care. Don't flirt with anybody or I'll kill you," he says.

"I'll try," he grins, earning a smack from Sehun.

***

"I'm home~" Sehun says when he arrives. "Kai? Where are..., oh, right. China." He sighs when he realised that he'll be alone tonight. .

He hates being alone in his big apartment. He quickly walks to their bedroom, but that place only makes him feel lonelier. Kai's smell is all over the place and it makes him want to cry.

But before any tear managed to slip away. he hears a knock on his front door.

Is that him? Is he home earlier? Sehun thinks as he rushes to the front door. But sadly, it's not him. It's a mailman.

"Mr. Oh Sehun?" The mailman asks. Sehun nods lazily. "Here's a package for you, sir. Please sign here." He hands the box to Sehun and gives him a pen. Sehun signs it quickly, wondering from who the box might be. Mom's christmas present? No way, I haven't got any since I moved here. Then, who?

As soon as the mailman leave, Sehun carries the box to their room and puts it on their bed. The box has no other name beside his. Slowly, he opens the box, just in case it's a prank or worse, a bomb.

To his surprise, it's a box of shoes.

From none other than his now-far-away boyfriend, Kim ing Jongin.

He doesn't get the chance to react, because his cellphone rings lodly.

"Heey~ has the package arrived? It should have, because I called them just now. I think they hate me because I keep calling them to make sure the package arrived tonight. I can't believe how naggy I am when it comes to you. What have you done to me, Oh Sehun?"

"Kai?" Sehun asks in disbelief.

"Well, duh, yeah. Don't you recognize your own boyfriend's voice?" Sehun know Kai's grinning all the way in China.

"But..., what is this? Another Christmas gift?"

"Ding dong! Exactly! Do you like it? It's awesome isn't it? Of course it is, I'm the one who chose it," Kai says.

"You...," Sehun stoops for a moment, trying to control himself, trying to stop himself from exploding, "oh my God, Kim Jongin, I really really hate you," Sehun mutters.

"You mean you love me so much?" Kai teased. But his boyfriend doesn't respond. Does he seriously hate me?

"You don't like it?" He finally asks. He holds his breath as he waits for Sehun to answer.

" you, Kai. Just, how much more do you want me to love you? I mean, I can't even stand being alone for one night, and there you go, spoiling me with wonderful gifts, making me love you more and more and more. Are you trying to make me can't live without you for even a second? Because if that's your plan, congratulations, you've done it so well because I think I can see the angel's calling me from above."

Kai laughs when he realised that Sehun is not mad at him.

"Jeez, you scared the out of me! I thought you hate it for real!"

"I don't hate it. I hate you." Sehun says with a wide grin on his face as he tries the shoes on. "The shoes are perfectly fit anyway."

"Well, then Cinderella, I'll be home tomorrow, so wait for me."

Sehun sighs. "I miss you already."

"I know. I miss you too. You have no idea how much I want to be there right now, how much I want to hug you, and peppering your pretty face with kisses and snuggling until morning with you." Sehun laughs and sighs once more.

" Thank you for the gift." He says after a moment of silence.

"Don't sweat it. I love spending money on you." Again, Sehun knows how wide Kai's grinning over there.

"You should stop spoiling me with gifts or I'll be a super y materialistic girlfriend like Tao," he laughs at the words he just said. The latter laughs too.

"Poor Yifan. I rarely spoiled you, you know that. Anyway it's late. You should go to sleep if you don't wan't to be dead tired tomorrow," says Kai.

"But I still want to-" Sehun yawns, "-talk to you."

"Go to sleep Sehun. We'll talk tomorrow, all day long,"  Kai chuckles on the other side.

"Eh, but I have work tomorrow," Sehun says. There's a moment of silence before curses are being muttered on the other side. But Sehun pays it no attention.

"Oh, yeah, I forgot. So, goodnight, dearest dear. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Good night, Kai. Love you,"

"Love you too."

Sehun smiles widely as he prepares himself for bed. He feels more in love with Kai right now. Maybe being apart from Kai is not that bad at all.

***

That was a close one. It'll be no fun if he finds out about the next surprise, Kai thinks when he hung up on Sehun. He grins as he tries to picture Sehun's face when he receives his surprise tomorrow.

Three more days before the big night!


FINALLY HOLIDAY! I'll post the next chapter tonight, since I was late.

As usual, sorry for any mistake, and thank you sooooooo much for reading!