when suka celebrates the new year — (i)

YG FAMILY

28 Dec 2013

 

“Hyung!” Suka calls out, skipping over to where GD is hunched over the table, pieces of paper scattered everywhere. Suka thinks his hyung is writing a new song but when he glances over, he’s shocked at what he sees.

 

“MISSION NEW YEAR WITH CHAERIN” he reads out slowly, eyeing GD who has bags under his eyes and is gesturing for Seungri to go away. Seungri frowns because he can’t remember the last time they’ve had a conversation where he wasn’t unwanted, and this is no exception.

 

No one seems to enjoy spending time with Suka. Which is why he’s going to Japan. But anyway.

 

“Hyung, what is this?” he asks, taking a seat next to GD and rolling over to his side. GD groans and pulls out a pair of sunglasses from his RIPPED JEAN pocket, slipping them over his eyes. It's completely unnecessary because they're indoors, and it's nighttime, and it's not like Suka hasn't seen enough eyebags on himself that GD has to hide his. But his hyung is cool so he doesn't question.

 

 

When GD finally decides that Seungri is never going to leave, he gives in.

 

“I don’t know what to do for Chaerin for New Years.” he forces out, voice dry and throaty because he’d spent all night recording a special song for Chaerin only to delete it because it was retarded and just not special enough.

 

“Hyung, you don’t usually worry about these things.” Seungri says, stunned. He earns a sigh from GD and Suka pats him on the back gravely.

 

“Just kiss her.” He says like it’s the simplest thing in the world. And it is, really. It’s so simple that it wouldn’t be matter. They kiss all the time, which is why New Year has to be different.

 

“That would be a very memorable New Year, wouldn’t it?” GD says sarcastically, scowling at Suka. The lack of sleep and overdose of caffeine is getting to him and he immediately regrets snapping at Suka.  

 

“THE HELL HYUNG U DON’T HAVE TO BE SO RUDE!!”

 

“Sorry,” GD mumbles, grabbing some chips from the pringles carton and offering it to Seungri. “Chips of appeasement.”

 

Seungri munches on the chips like the 80 year old he is and GD spends the rest of the night writing down ideas, cancelling them, and then writing even more.

 

By the time Seungri leaves, he’s eaten 13 cartons of pringles. “By the way, Youngbae hyung is planning something really big for New Year as well. You’ve got a lot on your plate.” Seungri says, backing away and scampering out of the exit like a rat.

 

GD sighs for the 3948340859405 time that night. Or is that Seungri’s age? We’re never quite sure.

 

It doesn’t matter if his event is smaller than Youngbae’s. He just wants it to be something CL will love.

 

30 Dec 2013

 

GD figures it out when he’s used up two boxes of A4 sized papers and ran out of pringles to eat and is lying helplessly on the couch, exactly what he has to do.

 

31 Dec 2013

 

“Welcome to the YG Family New Year party, please enter!” Seungri shouts amongst all the noise, welcoming in the 84902th visitor of the night. This time it’s one of the janitors who brought along three of her friends, two tall ones and one old guy.

 

Suka’s not sure how he acquired the job as “guest welcomer” but YG had asked him to stand by the door and let the guests in. And no one defies YG, especially since Suka hasn’t exactly gotten the seal of approval from him to move to Japan. So Suka obediently follows the orders.

 

Suka takes a break to get some punch and he looks around. TOP and Bom are sitting on the couch and munching on corn, completely oblivious to the people around them. Tablo is showing Haru the huge aquarium YG ordered just two weeks ago. It’s hard not to notice that Haru is desperately trying to wriggle out of her father’s grasp and clawing at the tank. #1 mother, #2 fish, #3 the cool guy. The rest of the YG crew are jamming to the music and socialising, including GD and CL. There is one particular group, which Suka recognizes as the Nuthang crew with the exception of GTOP, sitting at the corner. Xin has them all gathered up in a circle as he pulls out a packet of weed. And another packet. And another. And another.

 

And.. wait.

 

That isn’t weed anymore.

 

Xin chuckles as he pulls out what appears to be a whole bag of ecstasy. The rest of the crew “wow” in awe and Xin looks far too proud of himself.

 

Suka shudders, recalling that one time he’d accidentally walked into 2NE1’s changing room and Xin had been there to offer him some which he’d politely refused before running away. He looked weird and as daring as Seungri is, he wouldn’t dare to go any further than weed.

 

He briskly walks away before he makes any sort of eye contact with Xin.