when suka visits the studio

YG FAMILY

Seungri drops a packet of red bean buns onto the table in front of GD as his hyung bops his head to some new swag fresh tunes. “Hyung!” Seungri shouts into GD’s ear and GD moves slightly away, giving the younger (or older, whichever) one a pointed look. He looks down at the red bean buns and back at Seungri.

 

“The , Suka? Ain’t nobody got time for that!” He proceeds to open up a music file— a tune he’d worked on all through last night with gizibe CL. He plays it and continues bopping his head, ignoring the nuisance that is Seungri. He pulls out his phone and searches “Pharrell favourite colour” on Naver. Black and red.

 

“Das coo” GD mumbles in broken english. That will be the colour of his new album. Coup de tat. He doesn’t quite know how to pronounce it yet but he will get there.

 

He’s busy scrolling through ramen pictures and ignoring Seungri when it reaches the bridge of the song and wait— did he do this last night?

 

He locks his phone and places it on the table, still trying his best to ignore Suka on the couch who is spilling red bean on his trousers.

 

He leans forward and listens closely. Are those….owl sounds? GD is baffled as the file continues playing.

 

“Wooo...Wooo”

 

He frowns.

 

Something ain’t right man and GD aint cool widdat.

 

He highlights that section of the file and presses delete, face creased in confusion. At the same time, two mortified gasps come from behind the couch. It sounds strangely like the sound the two YG janitors make when Seungri tries to dance, but GD thinks nothing of it.

 

“Hyung! Eat red bean with me! NYONGTORYx101011010!!” Seungri becomes background noise as usual. GD never wanted Nyongtory to happen anyway, GDYB sounds more swag.

 

He’s pushing some buttons and editing the file when the door clicks and CL the gizibe walks in. GD is stunned for awhile because she really is a gizibe. He smiles and invites CL to sit next to him. “Chaerinnie lets go thru what we did last night.” he winks at her because U KNOW LAST NIGHT.

 

CL smiles her charming smile and GD positively melts. Seungri looks disgusted (and disgusting) with his mouth hanging open and red bean falling out. “Ew!!” he shrieks and runs out of the studio. GD and CL don’t pay much attention.

 

On the way out, Seungri trips over a rock and stumbles forward, smashing his face into the cold hard glass of the YG floors. When he turns around to insult the rock, he finds that the rock is in fact Taeyang. “Yo, watch it Suka!” 161cm says, flashing the peace sign as he swaggers towards the same recording studio.

 

Seungri stands up and dusts himself off.

 

When he looks to his front, he sees TOP hyung. TOP has his arms outstretched and is running towards him. HIM. omfg yes!! This is Suka’s time. He puts on a dazzling (ugly) smile and stretches out his arms as well, ready to welcome hyung in a tight embrace. Finally TOP hyung is taking notice. “Focus to-”

 

But then a gush of wind brushes past him as TOP runs towards something else behind him. He turns around to see Daesung and TOP in an affectionate hug, and turns away looking forlorn and a little bit more like the 90 year old he truly is.

 

Back at the studio, Taeyang is remixing his own tunes while CL is correcting GD’s english. Or correcting his entire album.

 

“Just like that.” CL says slowly and GD copies it, only it comes out as “Jut lik tat”. This goes on for 2 hours until CL is tearing her hair out in frustration. “NO 2NITE” she snaps and stalks out of the studio.

 

GD stares at her back as she swaggers out, upset. His stomach grumbles and he looks at the empty paper bag that was once filled with red bean buns. He looks towards Taeyang who is finishing off the last of it. Taeyang notices GD’s stare and swivels his chair around to stare back, still chewing on the red bean bun. GD continues staring.

 

“Fugfees” is all GD says before walking out of the studio as well.

 

It takes Taeyang awhile to realise that GD was saying “face”. He shakes his head at GD’s english. Little did we know… he had nothing to be proud of either.

 

“Don’t kill my vive” Taeyang sings into the mic. When he replays the sound, he nods satisfactorily. It isn’t until Ringa Linga is released and the fans and the two YG janitors insult him, does he realise.

 

It doesn’t faze him though, because he may be 161cm but he is still 161cm full of swag.