There For You

Love Me...please...

 

img_1225926664544_2741.jpg

Rain was starting to darken the pavement by the time Jaehwan left the halls. He decided he barely had time to care about the rest of his classes in the situation his brain was in.

There hadn't even been any point in the lecture he had just gotten out of. The entire period his thoughts had only surrounded his missing friend. Not the symptoms of schizophrenia. 

He just couldn't sit still any longer. He felt thrown off the first time Hyuk hadn't answered his phone, he just knew something had happened. Hyuk had promised to show up but he hadn't. The line had stopped ringing after a while.

People were swarming the passages on their way to their classes as Jaehwan finally reached his locker. He just needed to grab something before leaving. Shoving a few textbooks and notes into his bag, he shut the locker, ready to leave.

"Jaehwan-ah?" He felt a hand on his shoulder turn him around to face the owner of the voice. The strands of raven black hair that fell over a pair of inky feline eyes were enough to recognize.

"Kibum hyung?"

"Neh, are you going home already?"

That's right, he had forgotten he had promised the other to go over some notes with him the other day. "Ah, neh. Mianhe, something happened so I have to leave. It's a bit urgent. Can we study another time?"

The dark haired boy thought for a moment before his eyes widened with some kind of realization. "Oh yeah that's right. My mother called me just a few minutes ago. She said it happened in the Cardinal district. That's where you're from, right?"

"Huh?" Something had happened? Was that why Sanghyuk wasn't here? "W-wait! What happened?"

Kibum looked even more puzzled. "So that's not the reason?"

"Wait, just tell me what happened!"

"I don't really know much, but I heard that someone's house was on fire and it spread to some other houses too because of a gas leak or something. A lot of people were evacuated from that street"

Was that the reason? Jaehwan couldn't be sure of it. Sanghyuk lived in an apartment, not a house, but that was the only thing that might have been the cause for his disappearance.

"I have to leave. Right now."Jaehwan couldn't help the churning feeling in the bottom of his stomach. He hoped to god that Sanghyuk was okay.

"Alright. Please be careful."

"Neh. And thank you."

Jaehwan didn't waste another second and started running towards the only place his mind. The lonely apartment building his dongsaeng had claimed as his home. His clothes were already beginning to feel uncomfortable with the dampness only seconds after leaving the building, but that didn't matter. He wouldn't let a little water stand in his way.

 

 

"It looks like we won't be going anywhere right now..."

Ravi mumbled a sound of agreement as he and Jonghyun watched the drizzle increase outside. The lot of unlucky people to get caught were busy crowding small corner shops and bus shelters to get out of the rain even for a short time.

"Its alright. Just let me stay here for a bit hyung." Jonghyun looked over at the other boy weirdly. What kind of question was that?

"Of course. You can just stay over again if you want."

"Thanks." Ravi was truly grateful to have Jonghyun as his hyung.

He was so grateful to have someone who cared for him.

Flash back

"We're not taking him!" A voice hissed from the hushed commotion

"Well he's not coming with us! Our fortune is only going to our children!"

"Maybe if he had some value to his name, we would consider but even that isn't the case..."

"Somebody just throw the towel in! The police are gonna be all over our asses if we don't decide."

"Why don't you take him in then?"

"Are you ridiculous? How could yo-"

He wasn't wanted. That was all Wonshik could hear, all he needed to hear to realize he was going to be thrown out. Why did they have to go? Why did they have to leave him with these hateful people. Not one of them cared for him. All they cared about was how much he was worth. The small boy curled tighter under his blanket, hoping to shield himself from all the hurtful words flowing through his walls. He didn't even try to stop his tears from falling.

It was all over now. His parents were gone and soon his life would be gone too. He was all alone. There was no one who cared for him. They had all been fake. All those caring looks, kind words, gentle touches. He had been so stupid to believe them. There was no on-

"Won Won... Please don't cry... It hurts..."

He suddenly found himself in a tight embrace.The boy turned to look up into a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"Don't listen to them please... I'll find a way to make it work, I promise. I'm not leaving this place without you."

The younger boy was still crying, but he was crying because someone still wanted him.

Flash back end

After his parents had passed away, Jonghyun was the only one who wanted him. He fought tooth and nail against his parents to take him but he never broke his promise. That night, he left his home clinging onto his hyung for dear life.

Jonghyun was the only one who had held him when he cried. The only one who fed him when he was hungry, dressed him for school, helped him with homework, read him stories at night, put dino band aids on his paper cuts and kissed them better. He was the only one that cared. Even now he was helping to pay his tuition.

Wonshik owed Jonghyun his life. There would never be a way to pay him back but he would do everything he could to be less of a burden.

"Hyung..."

"Yeah?" The blond was surprised at the sudden embrace he found himself in but didn't pull away. "Hey... what's wrong?"

"Nothing. Just... thank you..."

"Huh? But I always let you stay when you ask t-"

"I meant for everything. Everything... thank you." Jonghyun was silent for a moment, staring at the mop of hair resting against his shoulder. He always told Ravi not to thank him but it was something he didn't bother with anymore after nine something years. He just settled for holding the younger boy tighter. 

 

 

The sirens were blaring blocks away from where I was.

The police were already at scene by the time I entered a small cafe. Soon the fire trucks and ambulances would join them. Really... what a mess I was on the inside... My heart was beating too fast to be healthy but I needed to be calm. My outer appearance was most important in this situation.


"Will that be all sir?"

"Yes, thank you." I took the small coffee and sat myself at a window seat.

The house was on fire but Hakyeon wasn't dead. I knew that much. 

After everything he has been through, this will not bring him down.

Hakyeon was still strong. His limit had not been breached. I knew that but I still prayed to everything that he was fine

The orange hue from the blaze shone bright despite the rain. The chatter inside the shop had increased. People were now rushing out to witness the event with their own eyes. It was upsetting. The only thing I wanted to do was run to him and make sure he was alive, but I couldn't.

Not yet.

One of the ladies behind the counter was giving me a withering look as I was the only one left inside the shop. She probably wanted to see what had happened as well but she couldn't close up shop on a working day when there were still customers.

I smiled slightly knowing that she was probably annoyed. Well she would just have to deal with it for now. No matter how much I wanted to rush out myself, it wasn't possible.

A series of colourful flashing lights blinded me for a moment as they passed by. My hand tightened around the poor coffee cup. I had to wait. It wasn't an option to go alone. It wasn't an option to go now. After eight years of hiding, I was not going to blow the only chance we had to save him.

The glow from the fire seemed like it had gone down. Or at least I hoped it wasn't just wishful thinking. Rivers of water were flowing down the sides of the curbs, on their way to flooding the sewers. The weather was starting to feel like some kind of omen now.

For you and us, Hakyeon. Why are we so miserable?

Right now... I was waiting. I said I would wait without rushing off to see him.

I checked the time. 3:44

Soon.

I took a sip of my coffee. It had cooled down a bit but I didn't mind. It was only there to pass time. What did it matter if it was hot or cold? I was the only one in the shop left now. The soft piano playing in the background helped ease my mind for a bit. There was no reason to panic just yet so why start early?

"Jinki." Ah. He was early.

"You're quite early."

"Yeah." He slipped into the chair in front of me and folded his hands on the table. I leaned back a bit in my chair to take a good look at him.

White V-neck, blue scarf, black leather jacket, black jeans, black boots, black umbrella. A lot of black. But he looked good in black.

"What are you looking at?" I smiled lightly before answering.

"You. Who else would I be looking at?" I had wanted to lighten the mood, but the comment ended up coming out more serious than needed. I could hear a rumbling chuckle in his throat regardless.

"Am I up to your standards then?"

"Idiot... You always are."

"Just had to ask."

Idle talk to pass time. We couldn't leave just yet. There was still someone watching us. A few minutes passed before he reached across the table and took my hand in his. His warmth flowed from his finger tips and across my skin.

"Did you see him?"

"Not exactly. This is as close as I can get without being obvious." I replied absently. His fingers were a bit distracting.

"How is he?"

"...Alive"

He tensed for a bit.

"That bad?" I squeezed his hand in both of mine.

"He's alive. And he's going to stay that way for a long time. He's stronger than that Joon."

"He's still human." The look in his eyes told me everything else.

"And a strong one too." His eyes had narrowed almost into a glare but I wasn't sure. He didn't look at me. "Joon?" I reached over and moved his head to face me. "Don't do this now Joon, please. We're almost there aren't we?" He only sighed in response.

"When can we leave?" I asked. I wanted to leave.

"Not long now..." I nodded. Timing was everything now. We stayed that way for a while. His hands in mine softly squeezing every now and then. It was to reassure himself. And I also wanted him to know that he wasn't alone. To know that I would always be with him no matter what happened. His gaze flickered around giving away his impatience. It didn't feel like time had passed at all.

"Let's go." I heard him say before he pulled his hands from mine. My fingers suddenly felt like blocks of ice without his warmth. Was he angry with me? I sighed internally and rose from my seat.

He opened the umbrella outside and held it over our heads as we walked to his car. My shoes and the bottoms of my jeans were soaked after only a few steps. It didn't help that it was freezing. I couldn't see the blaze anymore. Hopefully it had been taken care of. As we walked I almost asked why he had parked so far away until I remembered the streets were blocked off.

I brought my arms around myself as if that would make me warmer. Was I the only one who thought the space between our bodies felt strange? I glanced at him from the corner of my eye but he just stared straight ahead. I guess it was just me. Stupid Joon...

But he must have felt it after a moment. An arm came around my back and crushed me into his side.

"Sorry..." He whispered. "I'm just worried."

"It's okay... idiot." I felt warm again. "I am too."

"We'll make it work this time." He pressed his lips against the side of my head. I wanted to thank him for being with me but I couldn't. Stupid tears were getting in the way.

 

 

Why was it so dark? A strange rumbling was deafening my ears but I couldn't see anything no matter where I looked. Someone was yelling I think but I wasn't sure. Maybe it will all be better when I wake up. Just a short nap. Sanghyuk-ah should be back from classes now. I hope he doesn't mind...

Everything was numb and something was pulling harshly at my chest but I didn't think anything of it.

Why is it so loud... I just wanted to sleep.

Yeah... I'll wake up later...

Why were people yelling so much?

Why wouldn't they let me sleep? Was it too much to ask for?

Another forceful surge pulled at my chest. Along with that, a splash of red was thrown in my vision. It blurred into shapes and shifted with a mind of its own.

I'm sorry I couldn't save you...

What? Save who? Why was everything red?

Please forgive me...

Who was that? What was going on? A sharp pain chocked the air out of my lungs. I couldn't breathe.

I'm so sorry hyung...

Hyung...? Hyung... Hyuk-ah? Is that you? Please talk to me! Tell me what's going on! My breathing had turned into erratic, I was panicking.

Please be okay... Just be okay Hyukie... Be okay for me. I'll find you. I'm okay now, just be okay...

 

img_1225926664544_2741.jpg

Yayy!!!

I'm back!!!

Hope y'all missed me!!!

Prolly didn't.

But anyway's tell me what y'all think!

And I know a whole bunch of you are wondering where the the Navi is but I swear it will happen soon...

TRUST ME!!!!!!!!

Oh and other big things are gonna be happening soon...

SO...... watch out for that...

And on a good note:

VIXX ARE FINALLY GONNA BE ON WEEKLY IDOOOOL!!!!!!

Yeah so... anticipating that...

And I'm out!