Missing

Love Me...please...

317463-vixx-n-20.png

 

Hi guys... Hope you've missed me!

Kk whatever. Hope you like this one.

 

img_1225926664544_2741.jpg

 

I was here once again. I could feel it. I recognized the familiar eerie chill seeping into my bones. My body automatically moved to curl itself into a tight ball. Arms wrapping around my knees, pulling them so tightly it almost hurt feeling my bones sliding against each other. I laid my head against my bruised legs, and waited.

I was waiting for it to end so I could go back and breathe.

The stump I usually sat on was now chopped in half and my toes were hanging off the split edge. The other half will have grown back by the next time I came back. I think.

It usually always did.

The wind was blowing harder now and the cold was tearing at my skin, burning it like scalding hot lava. I watched, imagining the thick red liquid sliding from my skin and dripping to the ground. The burns turning to scars only to be ripped open again in a split second.

The crimson trenches climbed and crawled and weaved their way across my body, leaving their scorching trails in their wake. They didn't stop, wouldn't stop until they left nothing but a bloody mess.

 

My eyes opened up to the dimness of the room and immediately all I wanted to do was close them back again. Fatigue and weariness had settled over me like n iron blanket, leaving every breath I took a feat to pull off. Every shift of my body plunged me into a world of agony. And I wanted to scream even if no one would hear.

My eyes watered and flooded, and I let them spill. They fell, but I felt that they had no meaning. Every drop was worth nothing. I was worth nothing.

So I let my tears wreck the face of my maimed soul.

They poured and poured until I choked and instantly, the pain came surging into my lungs and torching my throat with the air I strained to take in. With every heave, my muscles burned and cried for mercy

My vision was pulled into a blinding white heat. It numbed my mind and left body senseless.

I didn't remember how long I had laid there frozen in fear of the pain. Ever so slowly I felt myself relax bit by bit as the pain began to take its leave. Never had I felt this drained and dead.

Had I even slept? Didn't I just wake up? Or was that my imagination too...

I hated the gloom and shadows of the night. They had always disguised time as longer than it usually was. All the stillness and silence that accompanied its murk would creep inside my head as I struggled, unable to hide the longing for the sunlight to breach the horizon line. Yet watching the rising sun creeping its way to claim its place high in the sky never gave me that blissful, euphoric feeling that it was supposed to give. At least that was how it was described by many.

Why couldn't I feel it?

I would only feel the sharp stab of a clawed hand crawling its way up my spine, the word dread etched into its palm.

Sanghyuk-ah...

I wondered what he was doing now.

Pfft... Sleeping of course.

I hadn't called him since I left. Or answered any of his texts.

Why...

I was already ruining his life. Why couldn't I have more responsibility to call him at least? To tell him not to worry? He shouldn't do anything rash. I had to save him right?

Sanghyuk-ah... Don't worry... I'm sorry...

The red tiled floor was pulling every bit of warmth from me and with it whatever strength I had left. Rays of light from the rising sun were now burning their way through the curtains, and lighting the floor into a glimmering field. It looked stunning. The rusted red on each piece of glass giving of a beautiful pink hue across the walls. Glass...

Ah...

I remembered now... the tiles had always been white...

 

 

I hadn't heard anything.

I was furious. I wanted to punch something! Kick something! Anything!

This feeling of increasing panic was coming close to killing me. 

The clock in the living room was showing six o'clock now. A time by which Hakyeon should have been here by.

Last night was one of the most disturbing nights of mine.

I hadn't slept at all last night. Every time I closed my eyes I would hear him screaming and crying for someone to save him. I was never able to see him though. The dream was always shrouded in a veil of darkness, and his cries would come from everywhere. It all felt too real to sleep away. It had made my ears bleed.

I couldn't go to sleep after that. So I had just laid in bed and waited till the sun rose.

Now it was six five. The message alert made me jump. I was slightly disheartened to realize it wasn't Hakyeon.

Ding.

From: Ken-hyung

            Are you coming today?

To: Ken-hyung

           Yes, don't worry! I'll be there.

From: Ken-hyung

            Ok! :)

A tiny smile flitted across my lips. It wasn't the first time I had missed a lecture but Jaehwan acted exactly the same way nearly every time. Utterly devastated.

Six ten.

I had brushed, showered, changed, ate and now I was sitting on a chair, my hands clasped together, resting in my lap. I sat there, waiting and watching.

Now it was almost six thirty but I still waited. I had pulled my chair and placed it so I could see the apartment door. I had no idea how long I stared at the door for, but I was too afraid to look at the clock.

I would tell myself.

It's only been five minutes... That was only two minutes... One more minute

But with every passing second, I could feel my lungs filling with distress. They grew heavier and the air grew thicker and I was suffocating.

My fingers trembled and my legs had lost feeling but I didn't dare move. I would wait as long as I had to.

I would do that.

My body jerked violently on hearing my phone's message alert thundering through the stillness of the room. I all but dove off my chair to grab the phone, my breath coming out in erratic bursts of air as I struggled to open the message with shaking hands.

From: Ken-hyung

            Where are you? It's 11:20! Class is about to start!

 

 

"Here." A hot mug of coffee was into Ravi's hands the second he walked into the kitchen.

"Morning hyung." He mumbled before taking the mug and carefully lifting himself on to the counter. Ravi took a small sip of his coffee and hummed as the burning liquid slid down his throat. A sudden twinge of uneasiness had wafted over him but he pushed it aside.

Jonghyun scoffed at his comment. "Have you even looked at the time? It's good afternoon to you." 

"What? Really? Why didn't you wake me up!" He whined, honestly peaved that his hyung had gotten up earlier.

"Because the only time you look cute is when you're sleeping!" Ravi scoffed turning his head away feeling miffed. The blond rolled his eyes at his cousin's childish antics.

"Aw, come on! You look like a cute baby when you sleep!" Ravi's pout got even deeper. "Ugh! fine be that way." Jonghyun huffed and went back to making lunch. 

Ravi laughed quietly at his hyung.

"Haha! It's okay hyung. I don't have any classes today anyway!" Ravi grinned now seeing his hyung sulking. The brunette had been blessed with two free days as rare as it was for first years. Ravi felt bad when he sometimes found Jonghyun studying hours into the night for upcoming tests and assignments, but he figured that would be him in a couple years so he enjoyed his free time when he could.

The older boy was grumbling about free time as he finished pulling together their lunch.

"Yah... You're lucky I like you..." He muttered.

Ravi chuckled at his hyung. They were always like this when they were together, teasing one another and fooling around. He found that he could never be as free with anyone as he was with Jonghyun. There was just something about their relationship that made them stick by each other's side.

Ravi continued drinking his coffee and watching as Jonghyun started cleaning up. Turning his head to the window, he saw that the sky was slowly filling with large hoards of ashen clouds.

"Hyung, will it rain today?"

"Eh? What are yo-" Jonghyun stopped abruptly after catching sight of the murkiness in the sky. His eyes creased sharply in disbelief.

"Hyung...?" The weird look on his hyung's face was making him uneasy.

"It was beautiful this morning though... What happened?"

"I guess its gonna rain soon then. What are you worried about hyung?"

"H-huh? Oh. Nothing." Ravi noticed it on his hyung's face. Something was wrong.

"Hyung, maybe we shouldn't go out today"

"Hmm... We'll see. Maybe if this clears up, we'll go." The blond passed a sandwich to Ravi and began eating his own at the table. "Where did you want to go?"

"I'm not sure actually..."

Ravi hadn't really planned to go outside, but something inside him was throwing him off slightly. True, he had been a little depressed since yesterday but now... Ever since he had woken up, there was strange feeling creeping over him. He'd decided that some fresh air might get rid of whatever it was that was bothering him.

However, now it seemed as though the weather was just adding to his unrest.

"Ha... Well whatever you want to do, we should be back around seven. I have a night lecture at nine and I need to review." The older boy said between bites. 

"Aigoo! You're such a good child!" Ravi cooed taking his mug and sandwich before seating himself at the table.

"Yah! Don't you have any respect for your elders?!" The brunette laughed and stuck his tongue out leaving the blond to mutter under his breath.

Ravi decided his restlessness would soon pass over.

 

 

Jaehwan had been delighted when Sanghyuk had texted him, promising to be in class, but now he was nowhere near happy. He was worried. Sanghyuk had not shown up hours before class like he usually did. He hadn't been there ten minutes before class and now, thirty minutes after the class had ended, he was still nowhere to be seen.

Jaehwan was beyond worried now.

Hyukie said he would be here!

Is he in trouble? Maybe something happened...

Jaehwan was now seated in one of the college's large atriums. The Northeast wing was their special meeting place and had been since the beginning of the year. It was where they did nearly everything. Eating, studying, talking or sometimes taking short naps. The big space looked a lot lonelier without Sanghyuk now.

Jaehwan stared blankly at his notes, his eyes sometimes glancing at his phone, watching as the minutes ticked by. Another thirty minutes had passed and he was starting to think that maybe he hadn't seen Sanghyuk.

But he would have called to find me, right?

 No. He wouldn't have missed him.

He huffed a frustrated sigh before dialing the younger boy's number.

'This is Han Sanghyuk. I'm a bit busy right now but leave a message and I'll try to get back to you!'

Beep

"A-ah... Hyukie... This is Ken hyung! Y-you didn't show up in class today so I was just wondering if you're okay..."

Jaehwan winced at his stuttering. "U-um and call me back as soon as you get this... kay... bye." Click.

He truly did want to think that Sanghyuk was fine. And that nothing was wrong, that he was okay. But there was something unsound about everything. Sanghyuk's silence had never been more frightening than it was right then.

 

"S-s-s-s-sanghyuk-ahhh..."

"Sh-sh-shhh... H-hyung, p-please don't talk! I promise I'll g-get you out of here!"

The brunette flinched when a loud bang was heard from the floor downstairs. He could feel the vibrations of the fighting through the floor. Every time something fell or broke, the floor would groan and creak. His chest shuddered with erratic gasps and he pulled his hyung's body tighter into his own.

"H-hyu-k-ah...ah... l-leave now...plea...."

"I won't leave y-you."

Outside the room roaring sounds of things crashing and breaking were getting louder. Surely someone one be able to hear this much fighting right?

The warm wetness soaking into his own clothes was scaring him to no end, but he tried to push it away. He needed to get Hakyeon out or he was going to die.

"T-t-they'll f-find yo-!" A bout of horrific rasps wracked the older boy's body.

"I'll get you out hyung! I promise. Just hold on f-for me... please..."

Bang!

.

.

.

Thud

His eyes widened in panic.

The heavy footsteps were getting louder.

 

img_1225926664544_2741.jpg

So Guys...

I spent quite a while on this one actually.

Don't know if it's any good but...

Tell me whatcha think!

 

2c57eb5e678e4904deaaeb492b2e69b9.jpg