t h r e e .

The Ugly Side of Pretty

"Annyeong Kookie!" A girl pranced into the practice room, took one glance at me, then skipped over to him as if I wasn't there.

"Hey Sun!" He walked up to her and tightly hugged her waist while she clung to his neck. "How is the prettiest rookie of Big Hit doing?" His voice was totally different from when he talked to me, he was being nice.

"I'm very good, how are you?" She played with a piece of his hair and his cheek while talking.

"I've been good, I suppose. I would be better if our assistant wasn't such an idiot but you know, whatever." He mumbled rudely and she snickered in response.

"Gosh, the least you could do is be helpful instead of just being a burden. As if my Kookie need more things to worry about!" Sun rolled her eyes at me while Jungkook smirked and V and Jimin ate silently in the background. "Let's go, oppa!" She grabbed his arm and they marched out of the practice room, followed by the two minions. They left me sitting on the floor, I stared at my own reflection and realized I looked so pathetic it was just ridiculous. I knew I should get up but instead I decided to cry silently, letting out my frustrations. I never heard the door open so it really scared me when a pair of arms began to pat me dry.

"Oh my-" I looked up and Namjoon was kneeled down with a towel cleaning off the coffee.

"I'm sorry about this.." He mumbled while he wiped the coffee dripping down my chin.

"It wasn't your fault, don't worry about it.." I felt pitiful and ashamed even though none of it was my fault.

"I'll have to talk to him, make sure he doesn't do something like this ever again.." He patted my face and I couldn't help but stare into his eyes, there seemed to be so much honesty and sincerity in them. My eyes traveled down to his thick and full lips, the bottom lip jutted out slightly in a cute pouty way. I chuckled slightly, he didn't seem to notice he was doing it but it made him look like a kid. "How can you laugh at a time like this? I would be pissed if I were you."

"I was upset but you made me laugh.." He looked at me confused, not understanding how he had made me laugh, so I pouted like he did and made him laugh out loud. "Oh and by the way, you don't have to say anything to Jungkook, I don't plan to keep this job anyways. After today, I realized that maybe I'm not cutout to do this, no matter how badly I need the money. I'll come back tomorrow to talk to your manager and officially deny the job.." His gaze looked disappointed in me.

"I would really rather you didn't quit... I'll help you out if you stay. I'll make sure he doesn't bully you or anything!" He persuaded.

"Thank you for helping me today but I'm sorry .." I stood up "It was nice meeting you though." I bowed, picked up my stuff and left the building.

"Ae Ri wait!" I heard someone yelling my name while I walked to the bus stop. I turned around and saw Namjoon running towards me while putting on his coat. "Wait for me!"

"What's wrong?" His hand went to my shoulder to support himself and even his heavy breathing from the long jog he just had. He didn't speak for a good 2 and 1/2 minutes one he stopped panting.

"If you're gonna leave at least let me treat you to a coffee or something."

"I really don't want coffee after this.." I laughed lightly while looking down at my clothes.

"What about a meal? Please?" He pleaded and I caved.

"Alright, I accept." He took my hand and led me to a near by patio restaurant. The warmth from his hand made me tingly and I was so glad that he couldn't see my face flushing red. There was quite a long line but instead of getting in line he marched us to the front, showed the host something in his wallet and then followed him to our table. The waiter took our drink orders and then left. I looked around at the place and it was really nice. The walls were white except for the wall in the far back that was all brick. There were modern paintings hanging all over the walls and twinkle lights hanging from the roof. It was very chic, very Namjoon.

I could get use to this..

_________

I arrived home from my meal with Namjoon, which went great and now we were even friends, and walked down the hall and was about to turn the corner into our apartment when I heard my dad's voice along with someone else's. "Please give me some more time Mrs. Choi! I have some money but I still have others bills to pay..".

"Pay me now Mr. Lee. It's not my concern how you pay the rest of your necessities." Our landlord's voice was very strict. I heard my father sigh and hand over money before shutting the door. Feet shuffled as she walked away and I slipped into our place without being heard.

"Hey dad, I'm home!" I shouted and he came into view, smiling as if nothing was wrong.

"Ae Ri, how are you kiddo?" He hugged me and I hated him for it. I hated the fact that he treated me like a child still, he didn't tell me anything instead he just dealed with things alone. I shrugged to him and went over to the fridge to grab something to eat. When I opened the door it was empty and I realized then and there that I had to keep that job no matter what, not because I wanted to go to school but simply because I had to survive somehow and obviously my Dad wasn't doing too great. I dragged myself into my room and fell onto my bed, staring at the roof, thinking of anything that would distract me from how hungry I was. Soon enough I was fast asleep.

___________

"You're back!" Namjoon greeted me at the practice room when I walked in.

"I'm back!" I hugged him and disregarded everyone else in the room.

"I missed you!" He kissed my forehead and then twirled me around the practice room. Weird...

"Ya! What the hell are you doing?!" A door slammed and I turned to see Jungkook angrily walking towards us. Ah crap was the only thing that came to my mind when I saw him. I was sure to get punished for the affection I received from Namjoon even though I didn't ask for it.

"Boss I-" I tried to explain myself to him but what he did surprised me a lot.

"Get away from her! Don't touch her hyung!" He ripped Namjoon's hands away from my waist and pushed him hard making him skid on the shiny wooden floors. What the hell was that..?

"Yah kid! Don't tell me what to do, Ae Ri likes me and I'll prove it to you!"

"You think I like y-" Before he let me finish he grabbed me and pulled me towards him. His hand went to my back and pressed me close to his tall and warm body. Quickly his hands moved up to my neck and forcefully yet gently he moved my head to his. His thick lips touched mine softly, it wasn't a passionate lusty kiss but more of a sweet and tender kiss that elevated me to cloud 9. What the heck am I doing? In the middle of everything I felt a tight grip around my wrist that was pulling so hard I felt as though my wrist would snap.

"She doesn't like you!" Jungkook shouted at him furiously.

"Yes she does! She didn't push me away, she really enjoyed kissing me!" Namjoon defended his case and pulled me towards him but Jungkook forcefully pulled me away in the other direction.

"She likes me and I'll prove that!" Jungkook grabbed me and pressed his lips roughly on mine. WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?! I didn't stop him but it wasn't sweet at all. I didn't feel the same as when Namjoon kissed me but I didn't hate it either. Once he let me breath they both stared at me questioningly. "Well..?"

"Who's it gonna be?" Namjoon asked impatiently and I was soooo confused.

"Choose one of YOU?"

___________

Oh my so much kissing!? :o What's going on here? You'll find out in the next chappie! :P Anyhow, please comment, subscribe, etc. Who else loves Skool Luv Affair? :D <3