Miracles of December - Part 2

Miracles of December
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao started to cough more and more, until he saw blood on his hands. He started to panicked and he tried to called Kris again but end up connected to his voicemail. He wanted to call the hospital, but before he managed to do that, he feels himself start to giving out and his phone fall down to the floor.

 

Outside the house

Someone rang the bell, but no one open the door. He get his phone out and called Tao. "The number you dial is out of service. Please call back later or leave a message after the. . ." he end the call and start to get worried. "Tao-ah, are you at home? If you are there, please open the door now!" He sound very worried and start to rummaged around his pocket for the spare key of the house. He started to panicked because no one answer him and he know pretty much that Tao rarely go out from his house nowadays. He found the key and quickly open the door.

He closed the door without locking it and rush to find Tao. "Tao-ah, where are you?? Answer me!" He shouted as he goes to living room, kitchen, garden and the bathroom. Only one more place that he hasn't checked which is the TaoRis room. He quickly goes into the room and found Tao covered with the half dry blood that flows out from his mouth to his neck. His eyes open so wide and rush to Tao side. He shakes Tao body very carefully in attempt to wake him up. "Tao-ah, please wake up. Tell me that you're still alive," although Tao did not wake up, but there is a very faint breathing sound came from him. He immediately carries Tao carefully in a bridal style and goes out from the house. He goes to his car and puts Tao slowly on the back-seat. After that, he immediately turn on the car engine and rush to the hospital. 

In his mind, he keeps praying and hoping that Tao will be fine and he will be awake soon. He knows about Tao diseases, since he is Tao brother. He also knows that Tao hasn't told Kris about his diseases, no matter how many times he told Tao to reveal it, Tao always make lots of excuses. He makes a mental note to call Kris and tell him everything, after he reaches the hospital. 

Back to the office

Kris guests have just gone back to their hotel and he still need to review few more contracts, before he can go back to his house and be with Tao together. He knows that Tao wants him to go home earlier every single days. But, eversince his father retired and let him takeover the company, the amounts of works will be more and more each day. He sits down on his office chair, close his eyes while rub his temple. He has this bad feeling, since he turn off his phone. He doesn't know what's wrong and what's going to be happened.

He took his phone out and turn it on. He saw there are few miscalls message from Tao, he feels guilty that he did not pick it up just now. So, he calls Tao back and waits for him to pick the phone up. He feels strange, Tao usually pick up his call after two rings, but now he has been trying to call Tao for 5 times but always connected to voicemail. He stand up and grab his bag and goes out from the office. "Chanyeol, please send the remaining contracts to my home later. I need to go back now," said Kris as he pass the messages to Chanyeol, his secretary. Chanyeol just nods and bows, "Have a safe trip home, Mr. Wu." Kris just slightly nods and rush out to the lift and goes down to the parking lot. 

When he just goes in to the car, suddenly his phone ring. In a reflex, he straightaway pick it up without looking who call him. "Tao, is that you?" Kris voice sound so worried. "I'm sorry, it's not him, Kris. It's me, Suho," Kris was a little bit shocked as he heard Suho voice is trembling and feels that he's crying. "What happen, Suho-ah? Why are you crying?" Kris tried to be calm and not panicked as he started the car engine. "T... Tao.. M.. My brother.. He's in hospital right now.. He.. He.. He's dying, Kris-ah.. Please come to this hospital quickly.." Suho cries getting louder. "W.. What? T.. Tao is in hospital? I.. I'll be there soon.." Suho just hums and end the call.

Kris speed his car to the hospital, but his mind is wandering, 'Why are you in hospital, Tao-ah? I remember that you look pretty well today in the morning, before I went to office. Did you hurt yourself? Or did you hide something from me?' Without he realized, his face is wet of his own tears. He quickly parked his car and ran out to the hospital and found Suho in front of the operation room. Slowly, Kris approached the operation room door and felt his knees shaking. Suho wipe his own tears and look at Kris. "Kris-ah.. Please sit down first.. I would like to tell you something about Tao condition.." 

Kris nods silently and goes to sit next to Suho. He stared at the wall blankly, while Suho started to talk, "Tao has been hiding about his condition.... from you since four months ago. He found out that he ... has lung cancer and the doctor told him that he has no chance to receive any treatment anymore. Unless, there is a miracle happens. Doctor told him the only way to slow down the cancer is by medicine and be in happiness. But, after he heard that he has no chance to live any longer, he was shocked and not known what should he do. Before that, do you remember, Tao stayed at my place for few days when you were away for business trip?" Suho looked at Kris with his teary eyes and Kris just nodded and tried to received the new information.

"He c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter